Derrick Mason bid

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Derrick Mason bid

Technically, Web won the bid about 4 hours ago I think...or something. Anywho, he posted that he ran into cap issues and basically relinquished player.

I then put a bid on him. If necessary I can revoke it, or we can do whatever, but I can squeak the player in on cap space with a little creativity. I have some wiggle room.

I wanted the board to know that I bid knowing that the 24 hour period had expired. However we should handle this, we probably need to pretty quicklike.

I know Falcons had a bid in for 8 or so points in it as well. If we want to award it to Wajy at a lower rate I'm cool with that, but I can spend 12 if it doesn't go any higher than that.

Let me know, guys.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

we decided yesterday that bids could not be revoked. So looks like he might be stuck with him.

3. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

What was the penalty for bidding on a player that you can't afford again? I would say to be fair got to give it to Wajo. Though being the defending NFC south champion I wouldn't want him to get any player that is average or better.

4. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Thats right. I have a feeling a few teams are going to run into this problem.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

If Web trades him, he still gets a cap hit of difference between overall and signing value.

83 overall is 7 points, so if he trades Mason he gets a 4 point cap hit.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

We need to have zero leeway on this. If one does it alot will want to revoke bids causing pure and utter mayhem

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I agree. I apologize for throwing a bid in there. I'm interested in Mason, but I didn't want to cause a controversy. We'll nip it in the bud now though.

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

I agree. It's nothing personal to Weblink, but if we bend the rules for a board member then things will fall apart.

Gotta have zero mercy on this. Weblink wins Mason with an 11 point bid.

9. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

It's no problem guys. I will take Mason. I was just putting it out there as an option for anyone interested in Mason. I didnt want them to think they were getting into a bidding war. I have not problem bringing Mason in. Thanks for discussing. Sorry that I have not been in here much. I just started a huge project at work and my internet has been knocked out at home due to storms.

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Agreed. Thanks for getting in quickly on this one guys.

11. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

ya. we can't do any leeway. good decision.