Describe Your Playbook

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by The Dude, Dec 9, 2011.

1. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

No one's asking you to give away your goodies, but I think we should probably know a little bit about how the other guys play, since we don't exactly have game film on each other. I'll start:

I run a lot of big sets, and a lot of two back stuff. I run most of my stuff with either two TE or two backs, and many times I do both (lots of single WR, 2 back, 2 TE stuff, and I even run some 3 TE sets like Jumbo and Jumbo Z). I'm kind of mimicking the Stanford stuff I have seen this year - downhill running and short passing with the occasional PA toss over the top.

I run very little shotgun - I have some three and four wide sets because they come in handy, but I stay under center most of the time.

I'm going to be a little thin at TE next year, so I may dump the three TE sets next year and lean towards the 2 and 3 WR sets, since I'll be loaded at the skill positions, and my QB will hopefully be in the low 90s with a cannon for an arm. He might be the slowest guy in the game, though, so if I spread it out a bit, he ain't running the read or anything like that.

That's about it. Pretty vanilla offense, but it has a lot of options.

2. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I am in ace sets or some form of offset gun for 98% of my plays. I'm running a west coast style of offense, lots of crossing and horizontal stretch plays.

3. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

The Arizona Wildcats run a Pro Style offense that focuses on establishing the run and utilizing a West Coast passing style. We'll pass on 2ND and 1 and run on 3RD and 7. A lot of 2-back sets from under center and shotgun. Love to spread the ball between the HB, FB, and TE. You'll also see a fair amount of play action, screen passes, and calculated deep throws designed to keep the opposing defense honest and off-balanced.

4. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

I just wish the slip screens still worked. I miss those. You can hit a few from the gun, but under center, it's just a sack.

5. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Some from under center work better than others. I've tried my best to find the ones that allow me to control the QB as quickly as possible, so that I can drop him back (without making it too obvious) and get the throw off in time. With a less than stellar connection between a user, however, it can become a little bit harder.