Desired NCAA '12 Setup

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HackGolfer, May 23, 2011.

?

What setup would you like to see for SH '12?

1. No Coaching Carousel - 2 or 3 BCS conferences (Current setup)

8.3%
  2. No Coaching Carousel - 2 or 3 Mid-Major conferences

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Coaching Carousel - Start as Major BCS programs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Coaching Carousel - Start as Mid-Major Programs

50.0%
  5. Coaching Carousel - Start as Minor BCS Programs

41.7%
  6. Don't care as long as I am my favorite team

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Vote here. Subject to change after release of game and testing. If you vote "Other", please explain your thoughts in a post below. Feel free to add any comments or discussions here.

All of the Coaching Carousel options assume that you are starting as a head coach rather than an OC/DC. If that is how you would like to start, please select other and then explain in your post.

@CA
    @sdid22
    @Cimmy24
    @forever97
    @H22APWRD94
    @B0BJR0526
    @ryty32
    @T2Express
    @xx Vols xx
    @onaradio34
    @bamagrad

2. BG

BG On The Rize!

I voted for coaching carousel just to make the interest last. Knowing that if your team is successful consistently and yo have a chance to get the "dream job" just adds to the concept of what college football is about. JMO!

3. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Since most of the guys want to do the coaching carousel, I say let's do it. I think with this new feature, it will open up so many doors for the league to go in. I am excited to see what we put together. As Bob said, we something to refresh this league.

4. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

got my vote in definitely for doing the carousel don't care what format its done.

5. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

My vote is in...Voted to start in mid-major conferences. Something like the Mtn West or Conference USA

6. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Thank you all for the quick votes. From the looks of it, I believe majority of the votes are for a Coaching Carousel in the Mid-Major Conferences. There are still a few "settings" issues that we will need to explore as soon as the game comes out, but I think utilizing the coaching carousel feature will keep things unique and refreshing every season as you have certain goals to meet to get that promotion or to keep off the hot seat.

I know there were a few who were concerned about not wanting to jump schools, and I will reiterate that it is not required to take a promotion if you continue getting contract extensions with your school. Once we figure how many settings the commish can tweak to fit the Coaching Carousel to fit league needs we can have more in depth discussions.

As far as selecting teams, we can either roll with the regional idea where we create a pool of Mid-Major teams based on their location in the country to help with recruiting battles, or we limit the selection to a few conferences. Either way, there will be some sort of limitation on how many guys per division of a conference to prevent an unbalanced user game scenario.

I do like the regional idea that got discussed a bit in the other thread, and I think that will benefit us the most with keep recruiting battles active and a better balance of user games until guys begin accepting promotions. As a reminder, here was the idea by Cimmy/Bob/Frisk:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I love this idea. I agreed with Bob when he said SH needs something to step out for the norm and go above and beyond. Why not make it be a full career dynasty? The majority of us have played together for awhile so we know we are all committed. It takes commitment to run a full career dynasty and this is how to do it. Start at the base and work your way up. Accept/Reject offers, do what YOU want to do. The outcome of your career, your choices....are all up to YOU.

I see many teams I would be interested in. I do kinda sorta maybe like the idea of starting in the region where you live...but I also think with the numbers of more being in certain regions to make it uneven, that maybe a pick and choose. It doesn't matter to me. I could play as a number of teams in every region.

8. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

VOTED! :D

• Like Like x 3
  9. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

From BCS Chaos Forums:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

So, how do we want to split it up? Let's not stop talking about this...not that far off. Have guys pick their regions? OR Put guys in regions based on where they actually live?

Also, now that you can control both sides of the ball during user games...we wanna start as Coordinators or stick to HC's?

11. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

I was thinking that we can just form 3 different regions -- and let guys pick whoever they want from any of those regions, but limit 4 to a region to keep user recruiting battles more balanced.

I think it would be much more entertaining to start off as a coordinator and work yourself all the way up much like real life.

12. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I agree completely.

When do we pick teams? :D

13. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

I agree also, It'll be fun if we start as Coordinators. hack?? do u have the List Done??

@HackGolfer

14. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I agree with the coordinators..

15. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Call me a...

[​IMG]

...in the making.

Defensive mastermind.

16. controllerabuser

So, I've seen all the ideas and hopes of what to do. I am very interested in this but want to get some more concrete thoughts as to how we're going to go about doing it. Like I said before, is there going to be a formula of where we move to and from? @HackGolfer

17. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

What about if we go with starting off as coordinators, and we do start out with a list similar to the one given for regionals....we restrict what teams guys can select as OCs and DCs? Like...say I decide to be a OC...I must pick a team that needs an OC. Tulsa doesn't need one, so I can't pick them. However I could be either New Mexico, Akron, Memphis, or Bowling Green, because they struggled on the offensive side of the ball last year.

18. controllerabuser

Are we going to have a "required" amount of time with a team or is it just whatever you decide to do year in year out?

I think we need to have a dedicated blog or google doc with our coaching history so we can go back and see what's what?

19. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I say we keep it simple.

Start as an OC or DC for a bottom tier team. Stick to the contract...say X year term. If you do good you progress, if you do shitty and don't meet the needs you get fired and must take another similar or lesser job.

You can't leave your X year contract...if you do, you lose scholarships or some sort of "buy out".

After your X years are up if you don't get the cut...
    1. You can either take over as a HC in a similar prestige team or +1 team.
    2. You can take over as OC/DC in a similar prestige or 2+ team.
    3. Stay at your program.

So if we all start as a 1star team. If you get through your contract term, you can only HC a 2star program, but you can OC/DC a 3star program. <-- Example.

20. controllerabuser

This is just something I thought of, I know some of you guys want to have it more open but here is an idea I had:

@HackGolfer

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  21. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

@CA - Yeah, that is like keeping it Regional. Which I think everyone is pretty much ok with doing? I think

22. controllerabuser

Yep, I'm trying to make it appealing to the majority. Of course, we still have to time to iron out the paths and whatnot.

23. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

What about sticking to a map? Like this...

[​IMG]

What I stated earlier, post #19, was more of progression rules...this is more of team restrictions.

I actually really like those progression rules...and no lie, made them up as I typed that. ;)

24. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Or just stick with the North, South, West regional's that Hack quoted above. Just gotta add the better teams for advancement.

25. controllerabuser

So, sticking to some sort of plan like you listed in post #19 and following that map.

I can see that.

I was telling Bob, you could go on a yearly basis for contracts. Some guys might want to stay at a school the whole time(Mike) or others would like to move every couple of years. I was saying we could develop a contract for each season.