Despite 42-7 Drubbing, UNLV Sees Some Light

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Jul 27, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Clearly, UNLV isn't very good. But per coach Hale, the 42-7 beatdown at the hands of undefeated #5 ranked Boise St doesn't necessarily reflect the game very well.

"Well I'm still frustrated obviously. But honestly? That might have been the best game we played all year. We were moving the ball, staying within ourselves. I think at some point in the early 3rd there we were like 6-10 on 3rd down conversions and Caleb was looking at 60% completion rate.

Obviously what killed us was the 2 4th-and-inches stops on their 25, one in the 2nd and one in the 3rd. As much as we were marching the ball, we get those 2 and we have a tie ball game. But well, we didn't get those two.

But hey, Boise is good. Some of the best. They just play pitch and catch all over the field, throw you about 100 different looks and they are real talented, confident, and experienced. We are none of those things. But we did play hard. And I'm proud of them for that."

Well call this reporte flumoxed. Coach Hale and optimism. Maybe there is some hope for the Runnin Rebel program after all.

2. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

momentum is stupid. i love it and hate it. you get down 14 to a good team and turn the ball over, it is over. period. it is over. i love it. and i hate it. maddening to play. but realistic in some sense. just tired of the "auto-interception" once you lose momentum