Destiny [PS4]

Discussion in 'Tradition Shooters' started by MoonBBad, Sep 9, 2014.

1. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Thought I'd start a thread for the PS4 side of the site. I have it pre-ordered, but I am not sure if I am actually going to get the game due to time constraints. However, if the right group of folks from the site are getting the game I'll pick it up.

Who is planning on picking it up?

2. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I didn't preorder but most likely will pick it up sometime this week. I almost never play shooters, but this one has me very intrigued for the co-op story mode options and open world concepts. Not likely going to spend much time in the competitive multiplayer arenas, but anyone that gets the game and looking for co-op missions I'd be down.

• Like Like x 1
  3. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

I should be picking this up tonight! Only planning to be in the FIFA league so plenty of time for some other games. Especially since the NHL game seems to be a miss..

• Like Like x 1
  4. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I've got it, already on. Feel free to add me: PSN is NoUpside

5. MoonBBad

How u guys liking it?

6. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Love it.

7. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

So far I am loving it. Did not get a chance to play it for super long last night!

8. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    i ended up picking it up yesterday too...only got through one mission but so far so good. anyone feel free to add me if we're not already friends - PSN - Friz

just mention TSO when you add me so i know who you are

9. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

I will add ya later.. Not sure if I am on your friends list from FIFA.

10. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Ok my Xbox One took a shit on me and frankly it might just get sold lol

SO , I might download digital copy , expansion pack worth getting or nah ?

• Like Like x 1
  11. MoonBBad

You get destiny, I'm in Dan.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

got it , but headed to bed lol

13. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

I've been playing last few nights - PSN: Gates_The_Great

• Like Like x 1
  14. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Anyone know - is there some sort of clan system in Destiny? Any interest in a clan with other guys from TSO?

• Like Like x 1
  15. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Don't think there is any kind of Clan system, but I could be wrong. If so I would be all for doing some type of clan for this game.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MoonBBad

Yeah absolutely. I'll be picking the game up late next week.

• Like Like x 1
  17. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Yeah I don't know if there is.. I haven't seen anything, but I thought I read there was something.

18. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
  19. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I should be on tonight

20. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

There's not, but it's pretty easy to get into one another's fireteam, just involves some coordinating and group chat.

21. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I've been playing quite a bit and will be on a while today MoonBBad

• Like Like x 1
  22. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

For everyone that has picked it up. I've gotten a few reviews. I don't have any friends to do a co-op with (they all have the field exercise for the next two months) just wondering initial opinions on if I should get it for 40 bucks or not. I had some fun with borderlands but stunk at Halo. I am a big fan of the elder scrolls games so I'll be getting that but was just wondering if it is worth it, and reviews/opinions on it?

MoonBBad

MartyWebb

Friz

G_T_G krtgolfing

23. Friz

Friz Walk On

Featured Threads:
    i never played borderlands so not sure about the comparison there, but i can say i also stunk at Halo. Never owned it, but any time i played with friends it was quite embarassing. And so far, I suck at the competitive multiplayer (crucible) in the limited times i've let myself get sucked into it. But I'm enjoying the story missions, and while i haven't done a lot of co op yet, it feels like it would be an even more enjoyable way to go through the story. My only concern at this point is that if I don't like the crucible game mode (aka, get better at it), i'm not sure I'll care to play much after i complete the missions.

i don't have a ton of time under my belt yet though, thats just early impressions

• Like Like x 1
  24. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

I haven't played much Halo, but there are some similar things to borderlands.. there's a good amount of different weapons (not as varied as borderlands, but not a horrible limit).. I have found the game to be very fun and addictive.. the cool thing about it is if the crucible/multiplayer is not your thing, they have it so you can keep doing missions to get gear and gain levels.. you are not really limited to one or the other. I have enjoyed both multiplayer and missions.

For some of the missions they automatically throw you in with others (some missions are required to be with 3 people, I believe) even if you don't have friends to play. Of course, it is most fun to play with friends, but you can still participate in co-op.

Overall, I have enjoyed the game. I can see some things they may need to work on, but I have been satisfied with my purchase. I don't think it's the greatest game ever made, but I have thoroughly enjoyed it so far and I guess that's all that matters. The game is beautiful, too.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Kasper and I played a few of my low level missions last night and it was pretty decent , doesn't feel like halo much other than the aiming and gun feedback/recoil. Sorta has borderlands elements but isn't too similar.

Probably jump into some multiplayer tonight to test that out