Determining the Contest

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Darkwing, Feb 27, 2012.

?

How should the User Pick'em winner be decided?

Poll closed Mar 2, 2012.
  1. Most Correct Picks

88.9%
  2. Highest Percentage of Correct Picks

11.1%
  1. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

I'm just going to let the majority vote decide how they want this thing to shake out. First to 7 votes wins

If you feel strongly about one option go ahead and make your argument here

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Now that I think about it, what's to stop someone who has picked the highest percentage from "forgetting" to get their votes in and thus keeping their highest percentage?

3. Darkwing

Probably do like baseball does with their stats in that if you don't have so many at-bats your AVG isn't on the list at the end of the year.
    We'd have to determine a number of picks you must have but I'd figure if you miss more than a weeks worth, say 8 or so games, you're DQ'ed.

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Most picks correct is what I'd suggest. It'll increase participation at least. If guys don't submit picks it will be their own detriment. Also like Jello noted above, it'd be way to convenient (for someone like Jello) to say "Oh, I forgot to get my picks in since I'm batting .900 the first half of the season." :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I went with most picks. Darkwing is already doing a lot of work with this so there's no need to make it even more difficult for him. Also, like GoGators said, it'll increase participation.

The only thing I might add (unless it's too much work) is to allow everyone to drop their worst week. That way if someone misses a week it won't screw them.

6. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Well, here is my input because Darkwing somewhat stole this idea from me (He did modify it to make it his own). When I created my thread the goal was for everyone to participate in some easy way. However, under my original set up people picked games every week, not 11 out of 15 weeks. (I don't know how many user games will be played every week.) Maybe Darkwing can post us a complete schedule of user games because I can't honestly see user games being played every week. If there are not going to be user games every week we should just do this cumulative.

• Like Like x 1
  7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Didn't think about people not participating o_O haha

8. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I question how much you think period...... lol

• Like Like x 3
  9. Darkwing

gowazzucougs
    I threw you a like since you want some recognition ;)

I wanted to make this strictly user games as I wasn't sure if everyone was interested in UL Monroe beating New Mexico or not. Some of the time CPU games were harder to pick but I really don't want to try and find solid CPU match ups each week when the user games are much easier to keep track of. In LOS I believe we should go back to your weekly prediction thing but over here there's much more activity as these boards are rarely silent.

There will be around 30 user match ups each season. Which isn't a ton of available points. For this season there will be no changes to the contest. I may toy with adding CPU games or creating a different scoring system depending on how this season goes.

10. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

CPU game of the week?