Detroit Lions Scouting Report

Discussion in 'Scouting Reports' started by HarkTheSound, Sep 15, 2012.

1. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

[​IMG]

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Pass first offense (obvious with the personnel he has). Watch for runs out of the shotgun. He gashed me a few times with them. CJ was good but it was the TE that got me. I sent numerous blitz packages and he always got the ball away. So be wary of bringing the house. Made quick reads and got rid of the ball in a timely fashion.

On defense, he mixed it up a bit. Can be had with the run and pass I think. I was able to line it up and run the ball but as the game grew on and I fell behind more and more, I had to abandon it a bit. Brought pressure to try and stop the run. Good mix of zone and man from what I remember. Thats all I got.

• Like Like x 2
  3. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Offense:
    • Jahvid Best and Kevin Smith are not big backs. Meaning: Contain the outside. If you don't let him get outside, he won't hurt you. Having a strong D-Line and/or good OLBs helps. NOTE: Kevin Smith is the "power back" as Mikel LeShoure wasn't a factor at all.
    • I don't think he handles pressure well. Now, this is tricky, because as recchem2000 said, he DOES get the ball out if you give him time. Therefore, being able to rush with 4 or going head up helps here. But if you get to him he will get nervous and force throws. MOST importantly, try to confuse him. Don't show him base looks. Make him worry about where pressure is coming from.

Defense:
    • You can run on him, but the inside is WAY tougher than the outside. Make off-tackles and Power Os a part of the gameplan.
    • He can be passed on as well. His DBs are not that good, and they're not shutting down an elite WR/TE.
    • Maybe it was him or the CPU during a rainy game, but it was a lot of hit-sticking, so be cautious and cover up sometimes.