Detroit Lions Team Page

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by Anthrax78, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Detroit Lions Plan to Cut "Dead Weight" According to Coach Westcott.
    After viewing the way the team played in the final two season games coach Westcott has been trying to patch the many holes left by years of poor decisions and inept roster moves. "We need guys in here who want to contribute. I don't want the old habits of this team to come up in my tenure." Coach Westcott commented.
    The Lions have been filling holes already during the first day of Free Agency by adding FB Spencer Larsen, OLB Aaron Maybin, and adding depth at the DT position with signing Brian Price. "Once we examine our positional issues and our draft options we may need to go in different directions with guys that became dead weight to this franchise" Westcott concluded. This could mean bye-bye to tree stump LT Jeff Backus who was benched in the final two games for the younger rookie Riley Reiff and the same goes for the aged Kyle Vandenbosch as well.
    We will see what happens with the Lions roster in day 2!

2. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Lions Score Big Signing SS Patrick Chung and Adding Adam "Pacman" Jones and RT Pat McQuistan.
    All in all, it was a hallmark year for the Detroit Lions this free agency period. Coach/GM Martin Westcott promised changes and delivered. By cutting Kyle VandenBosch, it added space for the big gamble contract signing of pro-bowl caliber SS Patrick Chung, for a 42.4 million, 4 year salary with a 10 million dollar signing bonus. "There were a lot of guys after him, we needed to open our wallets and make this happen. From what I've scouted in the draft, it would of been next to nothing for impact guys that could start so it was a must for us to get this guy."
    [​IMG]
    The Lions also picked up strong legged kicker Dave Reyner, who a few other teams were interested in. "I couldn't be happier with the guys we got, especially on the defensive side. We were terrible last year with blown coverage, bad tackling and all in all bad football." Coach Westcott said. Adding often troubled, but talented CB Pacman Jones, the Lions look to compete this year in one of the toughest divisions in the NFL, with the Super Bowl champion Vikings and the playoff caliber Packer and Bears. "I'm so sick of us being the punchline of jokes and bad press!" Coach Westcott concluded.
    As far as draft interest are concerned, look for the Lions to go after a defensive end possibly with their number 6 pick. Coach Westcott was mum and all "coach talk" about what they were looking for "We will take the best guy on the board to help our team."
    Enough said!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  3. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Lions Deal Jahvid Best for DT Corey Peters
    This one came out of nowhere! The Lions trade Jahvid Best, who has flashes of brilliance but often injured, for DT Corey Peters of the Falcons. Apparently, Detroit is looking for depth and more explosiveness from their front 4 since they have no sacks in their first two games. Nick Fairley may get to sit some more depending on what Coach Westcott sees in the young tackle. Detroit is known for using a 5-2 set that would make a tough front for anyone in the red zone and it also bolsters a defense that still seems stagnant at times.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
    • Like Like x 1