Deuce 12 Mid-Cycle Review

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Timpegoose, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Stole this idea from JrRawlins Coach's Corner from last year, all of the questions are directly from that. Figured it would be a good discussion piece, even though we're a little past mid-cycle at this point.

JrRawlins
    Bondzai
    OMlawdog
    Shaun Mason
    Drifterbub
    Emmdotfrisk
    bringbackjimmy
    theSANDMAN215
    BobJr
    Jmustang1968

Question #1 If you exclude yourself, who is the best player/coach, (they dont have to have the most titles) in your view in the Deuce?

Question #2 What player/coach has given you the most fits so far?

Question #3 Has your team met your expectations to date?

Question #4 What team have you owned so far in the Deuce?

Question #5 If you could change one thing about the Deuce what would it be?

Question #6 Who is the one player that if they change this one thing they could be great?

Question #7 What is your team's biggest strength/weakness?

Question #8 What are your expectations for your team in the next few seasons?

Question #9 Whats on your wishlist for NCAA 2013?

Question #10 Who has been your favorite player of the Dynasty so far?

Bonus Question -- Who is the player that you let slip away that could have changed your program for the better?

2. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Question #1 If you exclude yourself, who is the best player/coach, (they dont have to have the most titles) in your view in the Deuce?

Answer: JrRawlins - I say it every year, but the guy can flat play. He recruits some of the better sleepers, and knows where to put them and how to use them.

Answer: Mustang - We always seem to have a shoot out with a TON of turnovers. They are frustrating, but fun games to play.

Answer: No - Utah keeps climbing up the rankings, but every year we tank at the end for some reason. I seem to get greedy or relaxed in my play calling, so I try to get away from how I would win games all season.

Answer: No one. I've won my share and lost my share. There isn't a user I've just flat out dominated.

Answer: To get back to the 24 hour advances, and actually focus on the positives in the league and cut out all the drama. We seem to get back on the right track, but then some type of drama derails us. I liked how in the past we could argue or whatever, but move on from it. We could always have open thoughts and concerns without the drama. I truly feel this time we will have it back to the way it was where we were the fastest and most active dynasty on this website.

Question #6 Who is the one player that if they change this one thing they could be great?

Answer: It sounds political, but it is hard to be "great" in this league. Any user can beat any user on any night. I feel like I can beat anyone in this league on any night, but can also lose to any user on any night. I used to be a little timid going into games against users, but then I'd get away from my style of play and completely blow the game. I'm not really sure anyone needs to change anything. If Mustang and I could stop throwing so many INTs, we'd have a better chance in close games.

Answer: Strength is offense and weakness is turnovers. I feel like my offense can compete with the best. I can usually take a solid QB and crappy WRs, and turn my offense into something special. My biggest weakness is getting to confident and going away from what is working. Once I do that, I start throwing too many dumb plays and starting tossing picks left and right.

Answer: National Championship (why not set the bar high?), but realistically I want to win a PAC 12 Championship.

Answer: There is too much to answer here. It's not that I hate the game, it just seems to be one of the buggier games/series I've ever played. Granted, I've never played a game more than this, but there are many glaring glitches that are too consistent. If it wasn't for this league, I'm pretty positive I wouldn't purchase the game.

Answer: My quarterback right now, Crenshaw. I had to start him as a true freshman and he did better than I could have imagined. He took a step back this year with the INTs, so I'm hoping to slice those in half next year and have a great junior season.

Bonus Question -- Who is the player that you let slip away that could have changed your program for the better?

Answer: I really don't follow the players that got away. I just move on to the next guy. Once I see a guy is out of my reach, I stop pouring time into him, remove him from my board, and usually will never remember who the guy is.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  3. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:

From what I have played I would say Shaun and Drifter. Both are excellent play callers, and I couldn't crack Shaun's defense for shit. From what I hear JR and Lawdog are good as heck too, and I know Frisk is always near the top.​

lol..see Question 1​

Well coming in I expected my team to be a difficult challenge for me. It's been that and more but it's been a hella lot of fun!

The ARIZONA WILDCATS

It's hard for me to say, I don't feel like I have been in the Deuce long enough to even comment here. I think if we just get back to a deuce pace it will be great.

If my MLB had a little bit more awareness it would be difficult to throw in the middle of the field. I think there's alot that we would want to change about this player or that player.

My biggest strength is my passing game. QB Bob Williams has been strong for me the last two years. As for weakness, well besides my game with Sanders..I would say it is my pass defense

I hope to continue improving and possibly make a bowl next season. It will be hard as fuck but worth it if I can bump up to a 3 star.

It's a mile long...Let's just say...Fix recruiting a little bit.

My favorite player has been Bob Williams..just because I haven't been in the Deuce for too many seasons.

Nobody yet..but I do want to thank Mustang for that badass LT and badass HB he gave me last year ;)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

So far this season, Drifterbub . He has torn me to pieces most times we've played, except for when my team was 93 OVR and full of guys the cpu recruited before I got there lol.​

I'd have to agree with Sanders here, for whatever reason Mustang is extremely tough for me to play. And obviously Drifter... He's sure making it tough on me to make a CC Game.

The last 3 seasons I've exceeded my expectations making a BCS game with 3 losses somehow. Before that I was right around where I thought I would be, except for season 6 I believe, when I beat all of the users in my division, but 2 CPU losses kept me out of the CC game.​

Utah. The couple of times I've played Sanders I've seemed to catch a ton of breaks early, giving him a long road back.

I wish we would have stayed in the MAC and C-USA. Those first 4-5 seasons were probably the most fun I've had playing NCAA.

This is a tough one, everybody as their deficiencies, its just a matter of who covers them up better. If Sanders played a little better on the defensive side of the ball he'd be pretty damn tough to beat.

Strength: Defense by far. The last couple of season's I've been lucky enough to have some very talented players on D. ​
    Weakness: Typically passing the ball, especially in user games. I think Lawdog held me to something like 5/20 passing in our last match, and I typically complete less than 50% against Drifter as well.​

Realistically, 2nd place in the division every year. I'm hoping I can sneak my way to a Pac 12 title in the next couple of years. I'm starting to bring in some solid classes finally.

One idea I thought of recently is a way to "break down" for open field tackles. As of right now, its hard to slow the defender down enough to have a chance to react if the cut. It would be similar to the strafe button, but allow a defender to chop his feet a little and slow down going into an open field tackle. It would often result in the defender falling backwards, but would give a higher chance for an open field tackle. Also, I would like to see the spread offense reworked a little bit. Make read options and bubble screens slightly more effective. Right now both are pretty difficult to run effectively.

HB Bruce Watson. He was a 95 OVR with 93 speed, and was an absolute beast for me. If his back up hadn't been 91 OVR and 260 lbs, he would have scored a lot more TDs, but Moore poached a lot of goal line scores.

Victor Coleman. He was a :4stars: O-Lineman that went to Oregon State at a time when I was in desperate need of a solid lineman​

• Like Like x 1
  5. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I agree, this year it seems like everybody has beat each other at one point or another and nobody is really running away with it. Last year I didn't come in until after OMlawdog had an average of 5 99 OVR players on his roster per year, so I don't really know how it was early on. Everybody is still capable of going on a run at this point. It'll be interesting to see how many different combinations we have in the NC game. Although its possible that it could be Lawdog and Drifter for a couple of years straight too.

6. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Question #1 If you exclude yourself, who is the best player/coach, (they dont have to have the most titles) in your view in the Deuce? I think the best recruiter is Drifter by far.... the best player whew, thats tough... not sure to be honest...a couple of guys have good runs, others are down right now...

Question #2 What player/coach has given you the most fits so far? Could seem to beat keller while he was here and i am down to Lawdog right now in our series.. i think i am down one... so i gotta win our next one... but Mustang always seems to get the W against me...

Question #3 Has your team met your expectations to date? this past season was quite disappointing, i thought our talent level was decent, but our offensive line was terrible at times which really hindered us...

Question #4 What team have you owned so far in the Deuce? Shit i havent owned anyone.... i been pretty bad in user games this time around....

Question #5 If you could change one thing about the Deuce what would it be? nothing to be honest. i think we will get back to what we were so im good...

Question #6 Who is the one player that if they change this one thing they could be great? Sanders, he seems to have the talent to compete with whoever, but seems to make a critical mistake at some point in the season to derail his season... throw in BBJ also who recruits well and typically plays well, if anyone can derail the drifter train my money is on those two...

Question #7 What is your team's biggest strength/weakness? Our biggest strength is our defense, they seem to be growing and extremely solid most of the year, if our offense doesnt turn the ball over and can get into the 20 point range, the Hoosiers can compete on a yearly level.. but if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle....

Question #8 What are your expectations for your team in the next few seasons? Conference title and a BCS bid...

Question #9 Whats on your wishlist for NCAA 2013? A spring game and offseason practices in the online dynasty as well as more focus with the pipeline states in recruiting... and more specialized recruits, such as 3-4 OLB's 4-3 DE's.... scat backs... etc..

Question #10 Who has been your favorite player of the Dynasty so far? Duran Hollis from Ball State, he was a monster.... my current back from Indiana Lee Taylor is a close second... they both of the ability to break a tackle and run away from defenders with relative ease....

Insert one of the 6 :4stars: lineman i have lost recruiting battles for in the past 2 seasons.....​

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Drifter has to be the best all around guy between gameplay and recruiting.

Shaun has beaten me every time with the exception of the time I got to take out my frustrations on his CPU team. Thank you for having to go to the hospital Shaun Mason.

My UCF team did, Michigan not so much.

This question gets a big N/A from me.

In my opinion, that change was just made. I think starting with this upcoming offseason we will be back on track.

If I stopped sucking, I could be awesome.

I've been pretty decent at running the ball and my front 7 on defense is usually good.

My goals are to start competing for the B1G title.

If the server/TF issues were the only thing that was fixed, then I would be ok with that. Oh, and superman LBs.

Storm Johnson, my RB at UCF.

David Harris.....forever and always.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JrRawlins

[​IMG]

9. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:

Without a question Drifterbub. It was evident to me long before now that he was the hands down best recruiter, but now I know he has some of the best "in game" skills I've seen. Want to be awed? Watch Drifterbub walk into a contest at EA against guys who are top level tournament players, beat them and walk away like it was nothing. The difference between Drifter and those guys? Drifter is as good as them and they play Madden 12 hours a day for money.

OMLawdog. I honestly think I could be competitive with him if I could keep up with him recruiting. He always, always has a talent advantage and can execute with those guys.

Pretty much. I knew it was going to be a tough road, but I was proud to make the B1G championship game, even if I didn't get to play in it.

Minnesota? I kid, I kid. I can't say Bondzai, because he has beat me straight up this year. I guess it would be BobJr, but we've only played once.

I think we made the change that was necessary. We probably should have done it long before. Now we need to maintain the great members we have and add a guy we can count on in the future.

JrRawlins. If Jr could learn to get the ball out faster he would be lethal. He wins a lot of games despite taking 60 sacks a year. You turn that into 30 and that's a huge difference in field position and sustaining drives.

Strength: Youth. We are young and getting better.
    Weakness: The coach. I need to control the ball better.

I hope to get up to a five star and start competing for more talent.

This isn't a fair question, since I already know what's going into the game next year, and what they've fixed. Also, what they aren't going to do.

Justin Jackson - The kid has been my go to receiver for four straight years. He's transitioned from my Z to my Y to my X and has been solid in every position. He has caught right around 60 passes every year.

I don't anyone slip away, they run away screaming.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JrRawlins

i dont think its a question of if you get to 5stars its more of when....

11. JrRawlins

i just gotta run more thats all..... the sacks are what they are.... its the random terrible turnovers that kill me..... once i started to run more my season drastically turned around.....

12. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Get 'em Drifterbub !

13. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

The amount of solid young guys you have on your team is pretty incredible considering the team you took over. The majority of your All-Americans were sophomores and juniors I think.

14. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I didn't know what to expect playing him this year, since he couldn't connect to user games last year. But, the way he always talked he made it sound like he's pretty average lol. Then he kicked my ass 4/5 games...

15. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

While drifter is very good I think JR is on the same level. They both are difficult to read and avoid patterns when playing. Both are extremely good at recruiting while JR might have better stick skills and drifter has a higher football ID. It is very challenging to play the both of them and when they beat you, you really feel as if they competed and beat you mentally as well as physically (virtually).

Shaun but I figured him out, kind of.

Not really. Being gone a month really sucked for my program, as well as the issues we have had put a damper on the enjoyment. I hope things get back on track.

Nobody really, I haven't lost much to mustang, sanders, or bond though

I wish we would have started with either an open coaching carousel or even better 6 in big 10, 6 in PAC 12. I hope we learn our lesson and next year do 6 in SEC and 6 in ACC super conferences.

Sanders if he stopped throwing picks, Shaun if he focused on defense rather than gimmick offenses ;), bond if he let the computer play in the 4th to avoid a last minute mistake, and Bob if he avoided his patterns.

Strength: Hogmollies and backfield
    Weakness: Defensive line.

I hope to compete in the CCG, but we are not to national championship level yet.

Overhaul recruiting, scouting, recruit generator, add potential, add academics, and give us situational depth charts.

Ncaa2011 - HB Keith Webb - should be in the hall of fame
    NCAA2012 - HB Stephen Reddick

Stephen Reddick should be a senior this year.....

16. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Lawdog. Top 3 in stick skills. Top 3 recruiter. Followed closely by JR.​

Mustang, even though I've beaten him everytime. My team is far more talented yet he finds ways to win.

Yeah. My plan of getting the right talent in to fit my system has worked well. Now I am in a position to bring in elite talent and it has been paying dividends.​

Stanford, I guess? I beat him when he had the talent advantage and now that I have it I'm sure he's gunning for me.​

More CONTENT!​

Goose. He's easily forced into playing the game the way he doesn't want to play it. If he finds the confidence to stick with his gameplan and do what he does best, he can be very tough to beat.​

Next year it's tough to say. I got hammered by players leaving for the draft. I would have said secondary, WR, LB, OL and DL this year. OL and DL should still be strong next year.​
    My biggest weakness next year will be unproven players in skill positions. ​

I still think we have the talent to compete in the PAC-12 and nationally. It all really hinges on how the new influx of talent develops. We could hit a year or two where we don't have all the pieces.​

Recruiting improvements/expansion. The presence of a short passing game. Specific depth charts with different play styles.

TE Terrance Clayton. Dominant at every aspect of his game. Was clutch in a number of games for us. Phenomenal talent.​

The #1 HB this year. Fucking Lawdog and his X2. Bastard.

17. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Frisk. I think he does more with less, he has a great game plan and sticks with it.

Well, Keller just drilled me routinely, but with him gone it has to be JR since Im only 2-1 against him and that is with a much better team.

Last year was the first year they didn't get the job done. I finally got the talent level back up to where it was in my first season with Illinois. I think Im on the cusp of turning things around with this team.

I've been able to beat Shaun, but I wouldn't say I've owned him even though Im 3-0 against him so far.

A time machine and let Keller leave earlier and we would all move in the same year.

Not sure, if JR or Shaun picked better teams they would be unstoppable.

My team's secondary is lights out. They are going to be really good this season, and they are really young and have depth. My biggest weakness is lack of playmakers at WR and youth at MLB.

I expect to win at least one Big 10 title over the next three seasons and compete for a National Title.

Making recruiting be more realistic. Pipeline High Schools, an actual signing day, maybe have press conferences. Have to continue to recruit players after they get commit, and be unsure on who you are going to sign until signing day.

I really liked Steve Cooper a LB on last year's team, but Tyler Conley is a beast of a corner back and I look for him to have a monster season.

There was a QB two years ago that would have been a difference maker for me. Arkansas ended up signing him and he has to be legit.