deuce 12...

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by bringbackjimmy, Nov 8, 2010.

1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

i know its way to early but were moving at such an alarming rate that i was thinking for 12. instead of doing 3 or 4 confrence why not do 1 super conf like the pac-12. that way every yr we can have a true deuce Champion...

2. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

1 conference would be to many user games every night IMO. I would be against that. 2 conferences would be be better if they keep the dynasty limit @ 12 members.

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    We talked about this last year. I can't be in a league that has that many user games. Plus, I'm pretty sure the same three people would win it every year.

4. jkhaalis991

Yea I'm happy with having 3-5 user games a season.

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
  6. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

who would win? my only objection would be itwould slow down the incredible pace we have... 2 conference could work though..

7. jkhaalis991

Yea 2 conferences would work. Now if the increase the number of users to say 16, we can probably go to a 3 or 4 conference dynasty.

8. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I'm personally a fan of the two conference setup. It essentially works as a +2 system with conference champ games and then a national title. We could help ourselves by choosing a setup where the champions meet in a bowl, such as the Rose Bowl or something.

9. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

next year the Big 10 has a conference championship game.. so i am immediately interested in joining that conference....

10. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Maybe I can be The Ohio State in The Deuce.

11. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    So will the Pac-10 (12)

12. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Drift it's the PAC 12 now don't you guys get news on stuff outside of the big 12...are they renaming it or are they going to keep it to piss off Nebraska and the big 11?

13. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Dan Beebe will likely try to rename it to something bad ass just to save his ass. He's already blown smoke up all of the ADs for the conference and his 20M dollar tv contract bullshit.

14. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

How long do you think the big12(10) lasts... I heard there's still rumblings slaving people switching conf.

15. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    If the SEC is still entertaining the thought of bringing A&M over, I think it's tough for us to not make the move if Texas is still adamant on doing their own network or going independent.

There are vague rumors of starting a Texas/Oklahoma conference and bringing in TCU and Houston. But Baylor has bad blood with those schools after the SWC broke up. The forming of a conference like this is likely just a rumor and is definitely a pipe dream.

16. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Drift, A&M played as good a defensive game I have seen this year.

The back to back goal line stands was fun to watch. I can't stand Oklahoma, and watching them get stuffed twice in about 10 minutes was just good stuff.

Only bad thing is that the win might of saved Sherman's job.

17. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I like Mike Sherman. Despite the grumblings in college station, I've been behind him all year. He had a really tough decision when it came to sticking or benching Jerrod. I don't think a lot of people realize that. You have to know what type of kid Jerrod is. It had to be tough. The kids on this team play for Mike Sherman. He's been a great recruiter (judging simply by the number of true frosh that have played in the past two seasons), and has developed talent back to a respectable level. I do, however feel like we need to bring in an O coordinator after losing Kraigthorpe to personal reasons. The passing game just hasn't been the same.

We still have a shot at the South, which is more than we could say for the past 10 years or so.

I was at the game sitting in the bleachers right behind the endzone where all of those goaline stands happened. It was crazy and Kyle Field was ROCKING. Great game and I was glad I was there and apart of that.

18. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Ya I think Sherman is better than Fran was. A&M seems to have a recent problem of continually developing their stars as they become seniors. They lost out on all the potential with Goodson, McGee had injury sr year and Johnson took over the rest of the way. Now Johnson comes in super hyped and preseason heisman candidate and all that, and gets benched mid season. They just havent been able to get their really good players to make that next step to superstar type level.

19. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    People keep talking about the medical issues Johnson has had with his throwing shoulder and the offseason surgery to remove some scar tissue. He also toyed around with his motion and delivery and I feel like that's his biggest problem. Just doesn't seem to have the release he did last year. I can't defend his decision making, though.

I think the medical reports on Jerrod coming out of spring ball might have been a bit misleading. His strength was supposed to increase as the season went on. I never really saw him progress. In fact, he might have taken a step back after the second game of the season.

20. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Go Big Red...

21. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Fixed it for ya.

22. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:

Fixed it for you

23. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Are we going to have to play for Michigan bond?

24. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    With all of this PAC 12 talk I figured that's what you wanted.

25. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Yeah I was just playing with bond... I'll never play as one of my favorite teams again after the debacle of the cowboys... I sucked win them and now they are crap in real life I know it's just coincidence, but I am superstitious.

I'll would like my 2nd favorite team the ducks(hometown team) quack quack.