Deuce 12

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by bringbackjimmy, Mar 21, 2011.

1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

to early to start talking about the landscape of the 12 setup? I think we all agree about the 2 conf with the CCG.

I would like to do pac 12 and big 10(12) to use some fresh teams..

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Probably a good idea. I think this setup will be pretty popular here on the site this year. Since the landscape of those conferences has changed so much and the natural tie ins between all of the teams.

3. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

The BIG 12 hmmmm...should I bring back the most electrifying passing attack the Deuce has ever seen????? No Wrs under 6'4??????
    A spread offense that dominates????? An offense that has not been seen since....... NCAA 09????

[​IMG] Maybe (y)

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I think we should wait for more of the new game features to be announced before we get super serous about plans.

That said, if we do Pac 10 and Big 10, I call Buckeyes.

5. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

ahh we wont be doing rebuilders again?

6. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

im rebuiliding... Penn State.... [​IMG]

nah seriously though, i am taking a small terrible school.... possibly Indiana... or Northwestern... the building of the program is the best part for me....

7. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

In that scenario I would want Michigan.

8. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I agree. If I start with a powerhouse school, I would have very little interest after a bit. But there is also the balancing issue of taking a weaker smaller school and everyone else has powerhouses. You will have a difficult time building them up.

Depending on conference I would probably want Arizona, Colorado, Northwestern, or Purdue...

9. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

im not worried about the other players and them have power teams... they can do what they want... eventually we will all be on a equal playing field...

10. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Like I said...lets see what they add to the game.

11. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

How much can they add that would affect what teams we choose? Except for maybe more users in a dynasty? Is that what you are getting at?

12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    With people wanting to take mid-tier teams or possibly lower-tier teams, it makes giving good players (sticks or recruiting) powerhouse schools a difficult task.

But like Shaun said, there could be a lot of stuff coming out in the next two months about features we might want to consider. Still, it makes for good talk.

13. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I'm just saying, we still have plenty of time to make our minds up.

We restructured mid year in 2 days, I think we can figure this stuff out fast.:)

14. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I'd actually love going Conference USA mid-majors and such, but I hate how they dont have a BCS bid..

I also think UTSA is being added to the Mountain West maybe? I cant remember conference, and they will be terribad. I would love to play as them lol.

15. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    The problem with any mid-major league is that the CPU will never be competitive after year 4 or so. There is nothing you can do besides maxing out the sliders. And with the way people bitch now about slightly altered sliders, I don't see how that would go over.

Mid-majors is a concept that is best served with either all the users in one conference or a two conference setup where everyone takes the worst 12 teams in both conferences.

16. jkhaalis991

If they add more user we can move to a 3 conference setup.

17. jkhaalis991

If we have to max out sliders for the CPU to be competitive from July to June, then do it.

18. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I agree...

The non user games do become more of a joke faster in that setup for sure. I just personally like those teams in real life as I despise most of the Pac-10 and Big 10!haha.

Everyone in the same conference is a scheduling and pacing nightmare as well.

19. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I wouldn't count on adding users. It hasn't been a focal point and no one is giving them that feedback except for TSO. All other leagues on other sites have a hard time keeping 12 guys. Much less 16 or 24.

You really want to see a 62 OVR DE get 9 sacks against a user? There are limitations, IMO. I made the sliders pretty tough to start this year and most of the league sliced through them against great teams. I can develop a set and get 10-7 and 21-17 point game scores, but not everyone plays like that.

Sliders are a touchy subject around here. But it has a lot to do with how users approach the game. If you are whipping the CPU, you probably need to ask yourself why. In NCAA 11, 75% of the time it's going to be a combination of the following:
    - averaging 10+ ypc on counters
    - audibling and launching bombs when the CPU obviously shows a safety blitz/engage 8
    - making slight joystick movements against shitty DBs in the open field and taking a routine play to the house
    - atrocious amount of fumbles off of unrealistic big hits, abusive user controlled DL who can get to the QB or RB at will
    - fumbles forced on punt coverage by swooping around the stagnant blocker and hit-sticking the returner before he takes a step. Then watching as one of your guys picks up a loose ball and runs it in
    - Letting the CPU steamroll on offense by not using defensive timeouts or continuing to score quickly on offense despite possessing a large lead

20. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Believe me, I'm not crazy about them either. But we have been using SEC teams for the last three NCAA titles, so it would be a good change.

21. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Drifter, its not just counters against the cpu. I get 8 ypc on sweeps, dives, off tackles, and the power runs. the holes are usually huge.

I dont audible the bombs, but just identify coverages and hit the open man, which is usually any receiver as none are covered. it turns into a bomb as my guy outruns them 40 yards to the end zone.

Now that my defense has become good, my passing has actually really declined this year. I somehow have more rushing than passing yardage this year and I think I have allowed 9 rushing yards all season lol. Far cry from my early Miss St seasons.

22. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Why do you even play the games? Sounds boring...

23. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

same as they ever are really... Once the team is a B or B+ or better, the CPU really isnt very fun anymore.

Though I am not sure exactly what you mean or where you get the games sound boring observation?

24. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I still struggle to beat CPU teams, even when they don't ROBO out of control.

If I averaged 8 ypc on everything I did and could shred the CPU in passing, I'm not sure I would even bother playing the games.

I agree that the sliders need to probably be tougher, but as soon as I turn something up, people start posting about how one aspect of the CPU is now cheesier than it was before.

25. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Im going to throw out the idea of everyone agreeing on a certain group of draft eligible teams from each of the conferences and then we draft teams based on results from NCAA 2011.

Just an idea.