Deuce Big Ten 2013 Preview by "The OMlawdog"....

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by OMlawdog, Jun 27, 2013.

1. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Well folks were back and better than ever here at the Deuce, and lets jump things off with a little preview of each team with who will be their star player right from the start and who we can expect to hear from for the first 3-4 seasons;

Starting with the Big 10:

Illinois - Led by coach BBJ the star player of this team is Nathan Scheelchase; He is a 6'2" 195 Senior QB that is a 89 OVR with 85/79/87 (spd/agility/accelerationg) split along with a fantastic 86/84 (Throw power/Throw Accuracy) split. these are fantastic number for any dual threat QB and I expect BBJ to cheeze utilize the hell out of this guy right from the start.

If you think this is the last of the running QB's at Illinois, you would be wrong. Waiting in the wings is Aaron Bailey a 6'2" 225 lb load of QB with a 86/76/80 and a 86/78 which could be solid considering he won't be playing until the 2014 season. Folks in the big 10 better get used to the name Aaron Bailey, you will be hearing it a lot.

Northwestern - You know the name and he will be gunning for first team all big ten consideration, QB Kain Colter, 90 OVR with 86 speed along with 86/85 passing set is going to have a monster first season. He fits the spread option attack really well and I expect him to have a huge year;

The guy you will from the longest, is the guy you will never be able to say his name right. Thats right, Ifeadi Odenigbo a 6'2" 220 lb LOLB is a freshman LB that is starting out at 79 OVR with 85 speed and 86 block shed. Thats right folks, he is a freshman with those numbers. Enjoy that Big 10; If he stays four years, he will be up for the Butkus award and probably All American honors. Here is to hoping he leaves after his junior year, or just gets arrested.

Purdue - ah the Boilermakers they don't have a senior gunslinger toting their aresenal, but what they do have is a future first round pick at DE in the name of Ryan Russell a 87 OVR DE who is only a JR that has 82 BSH and 88 Pursuit. He will be one of the first 90 OVR DL in the big 10 next year, so that should be fun for absolutely no one.

On offense look for Cameron Posey a 6'2" 180 lb Freshman WR that is already a 78 OVR player with a 88/88/88 skill set to be a monster before he leaves campus. He may even get a redshirt year, but with solid development, you are looking at a 90+ OVR WR as a senior. BIGTIME Talent

Pitt - The team that the Ole Miss Rebels absolutely destoyed in the Compass bowl last year (Hotty Toddy Bitches) come back and their roster is in a little trouble, except at WR where senior Devin Street, all 6'4" 190 lbs at 88 OVR is looking to have a monster senior year.

The future looks extremely bright for Pitt at TE with JP Holtz a Sophomore that is 6'4" 245 with 84 Speed and 84 acceleration suiting up for the Panthers. I expect him to leave Pitt with a ton of catches based on the way JR uses his tight ends.

Rutgers - This team has the best OL that I have seen so far in the B10 and they are young, but they also have one of the best WR's in the B10 and he is only a Junior in Brandon Coleman a 6'6" 220 WR that has 90 SPC Catch, 90 RTE running and 94 Jump, so yeah enjoy all that. With the way Mustang throws the ball around this will be uncomfortable for everyone involved, and Im reconsidering my vote about moving Rutgers right away.

The future of the Rutgers defense is in the arms of MLB #22 (No clue who this guy is and I think he should be cut) He is a 6'1" 230 freshman that is already an 80 OVR and has 81/79/83 split with 86 Hit power and 83 block shed. Just a tremendous start of a skill set. Did I mention he was a freshman?

Indiana - Our best player is a Kicker so yeah, fuck me. The future of IU football rests in the capable feet of Tre Roberson who is only a sophomore but will be counted on to carry the IU team this season. With 83/79/85 split along with 82/78 throwing set, it won't be easy, but hopefully the first year will just be growing pains.

The future of IU rest in the pair of a JR WRs Shane Wyman and Nick Stoner who have 94 and 96 speed respectively. They will be counted on over the next two year to make things happen on offense, but it is looking like a long year in Bloomington.

The most underrated team in the Big 10 is Rutgers. They are going to be very difficult to deal with for several seasons. I think Pitt and IU have the toughest jobs ahead of them.

• Like Like x 10
  2. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

For some reason I think you'll do alright with the 94 and 96 speed WR. I forgot Scheelechase still around, feel like he's been there forever. Mustang might roll that division the first year or 2 with Rutgers though. I seem to remember them hav. A solid team.

3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Nice work Lawdog. (y)

4. OMlawdog

They are built to have the most long term success more than any user team in the B10; They should be very solid - really good in years 3-4;

5. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Dont under estimate peench. He can cheese with the best of them

• Like Like x 1
  6. OMlawdog

I fully expect Kain Colter to be in the discussion for B10 player of the year;

7. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I am excited to see the rest of my roster. That WR and MLB sound awesome. I have me a khaalis WR. I know nothing about this team or its roster.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

[​IMG]

9. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

A Centerville HS product (my HS). He was very awkward track star. Never thought I'd ever see him in pads or that he would be any good at football. We were on the bus to a track meet and he ended up forgetting his cleats in the lockerroom as a sophomore. Our football coach is our athletic director too, so our track coaches called him. The Head Coach for football said he'd bring him his cleats if he tried out for football. Andddddd the rest is history...

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  10. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Might move him to DE if I am allowed to run the 4-2-5. Hopefully he can put on some weight.

• Like Like x 1
  11. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

He played DE in HS. Ifeadi and I were the main 200m dash guys for track my senior year. He was a sophomore at the time like I said though!

Our head football coach had been trying to talk him into going out for football since he was an 8th grader. I think he's glad he forgot his cleats today. :)

12. OMlawdog

Yeah I don't think he fits the DE requirements. You are stuck having the stud at LB.

13. I Peench

I had planned on red-shirting, but not likely he gets over 240. LB it is.

14. I Peench

Putting the boys through a grueling offseason. We'll be ready to roll.

• Like Like x 2