Deuce Matchups Part IV

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Mar 31, 2011.

?

Best Runner in the Deuce?

1. BBJ

25.0%
  2. OMLawdog

37.5%
  3. ShaunMason

12.5%
  4. EmmdotFrisk

75.0%
  5. JMustang

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Timpegoose

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Definitely not me

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    How is Jr not on this list?​

4. JrRawlins

i probably wont be on any of these lists to be honest... i dont think about myself when i do them....

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I voted BBJ again and Emmdot.

The one time I played OM, I think we stifled his running game with the front 7 I had at Missouri. I recall him pointing that one out so I can't give the nod to him in this one.

BBJ has always been pretty good on the ground against me in the times we've played. He's one of the only guys that has been able to consistently run against me.

I'd actually give Emmdot the #1 vote in this category. We've played 3 times now with his GT vs my Miami squad and 2 out of those 3 times I knew he was running the entire game and still struggled to stop him. He tends to be one dimensional and it's still extremely difficult to stop. He runs behind his blockers well and has great ball carrier vision making cuts to daylight in the backfield that are extremely difficult to defend. So props to you Em.

Sadly I haven't played Drifter or Shaun in here but from what I understand they have strong ground attacks too.

And although he's not on the list, I'll give JR an honorable mention here. When he has a good RB his running game is on point. I recall Daniel Thomas (I think that's his name but man that was so long ago) was tough to stop as well even if I knew it was coming.

6. JrRawlins

Lol yeah Kansas State i had a couple of monsters back to back.. Danny thomas then Stephen ware who only had 83 speed but 99 acc, 95 btk with pretty much 90 everything else... absolute load to bring down...

7. GoGators

I forgot about Ware. He was a monster as well, especially with our poor tackle ratings.

8. JrRawlins

i voted for BBJ.. and Emmdot, love that fact that Emmdot has 2 1000 yard rushers.... thats impressive.... and BBJ shows alot of patience running the ball.....

9. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

I haven't played Emmdot, so that's the only reason he didn't get my vote. I notice he consistently has two outstanding backs each year though.

I voted for @OMlawdog because, well, he just owns me.

10. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I voted for Emmdot, he has tore me up on the ground in both of our matchups so far.

11. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    With a QB = OMlawdog

With a RB = a tie between OM and BBJ.

12. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

with a qb it has to be OM. there is no one better at the option than OM. there have been games between me and him where i scream cheese and i go back to get proof for drift and i just sit there dumb founded as I am like that was a great pitch. Then i go on a rant with alot of F-bombs...

Shaun and emmdot are both good..i can stop them both(well i stop everybody not named OM), but they are patient and never give up which leads to some good runs..

13. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I give up on the run sometimes...which is bad for most people if I start slinging the ball...except when you have a 6'6" SS who grabs shit one handed.

14. JrRawlins

or when you go on a 99 yard drive to tie the game.... against Georgia in Georgia.... [​IMG]FML.....

15. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I'm not good, but I am clutch.:)

16. GoGators

EmmDot is the only guy I've ever played who will consistently run the ball on 3rd downs. And it's extremely effective.

17. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Lawdog is a beast at the option. I don't feel like he cheeses when he does it. The one that did, and I said something about it, was the user for Oregon last year (I forget his user name off the top of my head). I would stop him on 1st down, then he'd do the option and get 4 yards and second, and 3rd down he'd do the quick option for a first down. His option was not really an option though. He used the AI defense screwyness to his advantage, and I thought it was cheese. He'd just do the quick option with his QB, and would go right beside his tackle and get an easy 3-4 yard gain no matter what defense I chose.

18. JrRawlins

bogey....

19. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Yeah I am definitely one dimensional but I like the challenge of running more than passing. I am more of a ball control and defense guy, so scoring isn't my forte.

@GoGators I am very conservative so if you stop me on 3rd then I am more than happy to punt.

20. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Fixed that for you.

I run the ball probably more than anyone. If only I was good at it...

21. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Was Jordan lucky?

22. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Nope, Jordan was great. Not sure there are any similarities between his game and you or myself playing video games, LOL.