Deuce Matchups VI

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Apr 4, 2011.

?

Best Coverage in the Deuce.....?

1. BBJ

42.9%
  2. Sanders

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Jr

42.9%
  4. Gators

14.3%
  5. EmmdotFrisk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Lawdog

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Drifter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

2. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Gators tore meup with the safety when we played. There were a couple of throws I thought I could sneak in there that he either picked or knocked down.

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I voted BBJ but it's between him and JR.

JR was the best I've played against this season from a schematic stand point of mixing up coverages and keeping me on my toes, he'd have guys running all over the field on defense w/all sorts of crazy coverages. And he is probably the best at utilizing the defensive hot routes, but with Missouri I was still able to force him into shootouts most of the time which was my strategy cause I didn't have the defensive talent to play low scoring games.

BBJ was the only guy who could keep me in a low scoring game with Missouri and he did it again in the ACC CG with Miami. He has had an advantage though since he's always had great CBs in his defense. The one guy he had truly took away half of the field and that made things tough. JR never had a CB that talented.....thankfully!

So from a purely stick skills/scheme standpoint I'd give the nod to JR but BBJ isn't that far behind on stick skills. (He made an incredible read and reaction interception in the ACC CG Sat night....best one I've seen yet.)

But as far as best pass defense for the `11 title, I'd give the nod to BBJ. The talent he's had on defense (pass rush and coverage abilities in the secondary) and the stick skills made him really tough this year.

4. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I've been having nightmares for years about JR and his user controlled free safeties.

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    It's bbj for me all the way...that son of a bitch Mark Evans or whatever that 6'5" asshole SS he had killed me.

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I went with JR, very good at being in the right place at the right time.

7. JrRawlins

[​IMG]

Bondzai parting shot......

David Harris......

8. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Man...fuck David Harris.

For the newer guys that don't know, JR used to make it a habit every offseason to hijack recruits from right under my nose.

9. JrRawlins

I been tryin to get Drifter, but i failed last night to make it three years in a row...
    [​IMG]

10. JrRawlins

if i had to vote for someone besides myself it would be BBJ.... his MLB seems to be everywhere when we play....