Diablo 3

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Matrix Monkey, May 7, 2012.

1. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Yeah I will be picking it up.

It should be your Blizzard realid or Battlenet login/account name. If you played WoW or SC2, it will be the same I am pretty sure.

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    1. Saw the commercial
    2. Nutted myself
    3. Changed my pants

• Like Like x 1
  4. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Just read this article and it put a pretty big buzzkill on the game for me.
    http://www.toptiertactics.com/2012/...tm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_21998

I wish I followed the production/info released on this game more but stopped paying much attention to it when I saw the game was more colorful and had a cartoony look to it.

I was still playing Diablo 2 up till a month ago and might just stick to that.

5. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

he sounds like he is doing some big time nit picking and calling the game flat out bad because of it. Blizzard cant make the exact same game as D2 but with updated graphics. They have to change some stuff. The drawbacks of making a bad character development decision isnt what made the game fun, I am sorry. You could 'respec' anyway if need be....

6. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

mkeller25

I will be on this bich, particularly opening weekend.

7. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I think my name is:

MatrixMonkey#1345

Still deciding whether to get digital download or get the box from Amazon. The servers will probably shit the bed opening night so I might wait the few extra hours to get the box.

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  8. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I acted early and have a CE on preorder from Amazon. I should almost flip that bitch and make 80$ off it but it has some cool things inside. I have another box version coming for my wife as well.

9. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I seem to have two battletags...My account page says the one above. But my one from SC2, which is also on the little profile thingy they have on the websites also has Jek#458...?

10. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

that may be your SC2 specific name. I would have to check it out more.

11. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I hate it when people think that bad design flaws add depth to the game or make it better. If you choose a bad talent that fucks your character over, is that really a good thing? With the stats you gain after each level, if certain things are going to be superior and anyone who is somewhat knowledgeable in the game knows what to do, then it makes sense for them to do this... it also makes balancing easier.

As for the other stuff, it's kind of ridiculous to base difficulty on such a short, short non-release version of the game. The rest of the stuff seemed kind of nit picky because they were dissatisfied with other stuff.

12. Wick36

The one on the account page should be right.

13. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I played the demo very briefly. I didn't find anything to complain about other than the graphics. I thought they were too washed out and not as crisp and high-poly counted as a 2012 game should be. I'm hoping the graphics are better on high settings in the retail version.

14. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    Ha my buddy back in Vegas has been bombarding all kinds of best buy executive in hopes they'll decide to do midnight release! He has also requested the whole following week off work

15. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Package has shipped:

Estimated delivery 5/15

Yay!

16. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

What's everybody think of it so far?

17. Keller

Wouldn't know - its been down since like 10am.

18. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

Gotta love launch day!

19. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I only got in like an 1.5 hours, heh.

20. Wick36

Keller and I have done some work.

We need to get a 4 man group going some time.

21. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Anyone willing to explain to me why this games so awesome? I play starcraft, I think that's the only blizzard game I've played. I dl the D2 demo and was unimpressed, but realize it's pretty old

22. Wick36

It's pretty simple to start up and play, but gets a little bit more complicated as you go on.
    Fast paced game play.
    Kind of addictive going for more/better loot.
    It can be fairly challenging.
    Boss fights feel like boss fights.
    There's also the social aspect if you play with friends.

23. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

It is a dungeon crawler, so besides possible aesthetic style, it will have very little in common with Starcraft.

D2 is a bit dated but gameplay is still solid. The graphics are definitely showing their age by now, so I can see not being impressed. D3 picks up on the D2 formula and modernizes it a bit without sacrificing what made it popular. You basically pick a character class and go from dungeon or area to the next vanquishing mobs of enemies and collecting loot. Maps, loot, and monsters are randomly generated each game so it is never the exact same. Story plots, bosses, and some geographic fixtures will be the same each playthrough, but the loot the bosses drop will be different. The difficulty definitely ramps up as you go along and the gameplay gets more complexed. After beating the game once, it gets even more difficult on the next playthrough as everyhting is scaled up.

It can be a lot of fun with friends too. Get in a game with a few friends and chew through dungeons can be endless addicting hours where you lose track of time.

It isnt for everyone though, And I suggest actually playing it for a bit for the hook to sink in. 15 or 30 minutes may not be enough for some. Others just dont enjoy dungeon crawlers either so...

24. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

25. Keller

Scratch that. KN and I just beat the whole damn game.

Peace out Evil.

• Like Like x 1