Didn't realize how awesome the Dynasty Wire is

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by BlyGilmore, Jul 18, 2010.

1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Didn't realize how awesome the Dynasty Wire is

Really that is probably one of the top things EA has added to any of their franchises in years.

All the stats for all the games right there. Automatic screens and videos. Really just ten pounds of awesome in a five pound bag.

2. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Couldn't agree more. I definitely anticipate spending way more time tooling around in the menus. The ability for other guys to leave feedback alongside the stories is awesome. I checked out the Illini, U-Dub, and UCLA games and it helped convey what happened in the matchups.

3. BlyGilmore

yeah seems like for the first time you can follow a league and actually have it be entertaining and interesting.

by the way, not sure if you guys noticed, but you can take screenshots after games this year (use View Replay instead of Create Highlight and snap them like you would in game) and they'll attach at the end of your game. So you can have the 4 or 5 the game creates automatically, plus another 4 or 5 custom ones - and they'll all automatically upload when you report.

4. jfosh

jfosh Super

I could not post a story with IE downloaded firefox and it got the job done.

Saw Bly's story. added mine.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Can we get some links to our dynasty site stikied at the top?

6. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

soon it will all be linked off the front page of the website... patience danielson

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Better yet would be google chrome. Loads this stuff 10x faster than anything else I've tried.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I was thinking about this the other day and how sort of ironic it is.

Me and Juggs basically got to know each other reading each other's Madden Franchise reports... In around 1997-1998 (IIRC) on the Thinking Man's Guide to Madden website. We eventually became two of the most hardcore franchise and dynasty guys out there, typing up all our stats... For a long time I was using Avid dynasty manager, literally typing in every stat to keep track of my team.

Now that there's a system where you don't have to type ANYTHING up... We're both pretty much running out of video gaming time or want-to.

Kinda sad, and really pathetic... lol.

9. BlyGilmore

didn't realize juggy came from the thinking man's site as well.

and i hear ya man ... we're getting old.

back in the old BMFL days I used to get plastered during every league game I played.

now i'm much more likely to have an arizona green tea in a glass lol

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Not sad or pathetic.........you have a life now. Wife, job, kid on the way, and responsibilities. Some how keeping track of pixelated video football players stats is just low on the list now.

We all will probably game but just not on the level that we did when we were in our early to mid 20's.

I just totally take TV away from my life and replace it with video games....can't do both nor do I want to. Network TV is garbage...

11. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Another convert!

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

This fucking thing is bad for my work productivity! Damn.

I am scared to do my recruiting online though.......

13. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

yeah im an old old timer too. i did everything via notebooks back then. when moving a few months back i came across all the old notebooks and couldn't part with them, so now in storage i have 2 huge boxes with approx 40 spiral notebooks filled with NCAA, Madden and OOTP dynasty reports. such a loser lol.

i finally got around to checking out the online stuff last night and holy cow...you can do everything on there. that shit is amazing. i think im going to pick the guy last on my list and try recruiting him for 10-20 mins online next week. then see how it looks/worked on the xbox when i get home to make sure it's legit

14. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, I'm staying away from recruiting on the website unless it's absolutely necessary. I trust the console setup 100x more, plus if something fucks up you are screwed and don't get that time back.

15. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

coming from the PC world, we always had .txt files generated after our games by the software. Applications like www.leaguepulse.com were developed specifically for the format so having all of the stats at your fingertips on the web is old hat to me.

It's still impressive and i love the feature, just not blown away by the "newness" of it.. cause it ain't new to me.

16. BlyGilmore

i tested it in the side dynasty and it seems to work OK. i prefer the in game interface overall, but in a situation where you can't get online with the xbox its a solid alternative.

(its actually better IMO for moving guys around on your board - since you can just grab and drag like you're managing your queue on Netflix).

biggest downside is it using percents instead of points for recruits and their top schools. 68 percent doesn't really mean anything, but being 200 points behind does.

17. BlyGilmore

IMO the newness isn't really that part (although its nice) but the pictures and replays automatically being generated, along with rosters, standings, top 25, and your recruits.

18. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

His username was Islesdontsuck :D So in other words Juggs deals in lies.

I agree completely.

19. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

is there a way for an outsider to "follow" the T1 dynasty? when i log on, it sends me directly to the dynasty im in. and when i do "find dynasties" it only gives me ones with openings. anyone got a link maybe?

20. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

its probably marked as private....no?

You should have stayed in numbnuts!

21. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

there's a hard link, i'll post it here when i get home.. firewall issues.

22. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

cool thanks...and jms, you're right

23. BlyGilmore

the one in my link should have the full URL.

24. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

wow, you guys are right. Chrome is much better with the EA Site. Heck, the TF homepage is much more quicker and responsive than my internet explorer too.

25. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Google chrome is the shit... i gave it the 7 day challenge and i've never turned back.