Difference Between Leagues

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by kjm007, Aug 17, 2015.

1. kjm007

kjm007 Walk On

Good afternoon Gentlemen,

I had looked for a thread that explained the differences, but was unable to find one for TMFL or Hard at Work. I am now on the wait list for both, but since I am higher on the waiting list for this league I figured i would post here.

So that I can pick the league that might fit better for myself, I was wondering the differences? I think this way it will be best for myself and my league, Such as:

What are the skill differences? I consider myself to be an above average player is there a league that is better?

Is one of the leagues more limited in terms of advancing from game to game?

Is one more involved in terms of how intense people follow?

Is one more regulated in terms of transactions and gameplay?

Some questions to hopefully give myself and current users the best Madden experience!

• Like Like x 1
  2. BigK44

BigK44 Walk On

I play in both of the leagues and they are quite a bit different. The biggest difference is the schedule between the leagues. HaW runs on a 72 hour advance schedule and TMFL runs on a 48 hour advance. Also HaW sims every other season. Example: play all of season on 1 than do the season 1 draft and the rest of the season is simulated tell either the playoffs or past the Super Bowl (I'm not sure how far we going with the simulating this cycle). But than we always do the draft and FA for the simulated season. In terms of skill level I would say they are both pretty even. Some really good guys in both leagues. Both are very active in terms of content. HaW has a few radio shows they do. IBO has been running one right now that's right up on top of the thread but a few other guys also do them throughout the season. TMFL does a lot of game reviews and more statistical breaking down of stats. HaW only communicates on TSO. TMFL uses this and groupme as means of communication. Both are considered "sim" leagues and use almost identical rule books. Both have a trade committee that any trade has to go through. IMO, TMFL is more lenient on trades but they aren't going to let you trade away your franchise guys. HaW uses a tier system for their trade committee and it can be a little confusing at times. If you have any other questions or want more clarification let me know.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. kjm007

kjm007 Walk On

Thanks, very helpful, I think the SIM one season is odd but I'm sure there's a reason to it. Thanks

4. BigK44

BigK44 Walk On

We do it because of the 72 hr advance so it lets us get in about 4-5 extra seasons. If your into team building it's a nice thing and kinda gives you a little mini break from madden for awhile.

5. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Hurricane GL

Hurricane GL Walk On

That's not what I was told. publik drunk said if you wear pants you must forfeit your 1st & 2nd rd picks. Was this not correct? I've already shredded all my pants.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Great summary was provided by BigK44 , appreciate that. Really all the leagues are structured around the same basis as we all have site rules to abide by.
    You should enjoy your experience no matter what platform or league you join.

More information can be dug up in the league info/rules thread. The thread should be stickied atop of the forum of the respected league. There you will find all format, expectations etc for each league. Any more direct questions just shoot them up I'm sure the guys will give you a honest assessment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1