Different look for cap book?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I tinkered with a new look to the cap book. It would involve a bit more sorting of data for cap guys, but it streamlines the cap book look. Here is a link:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...YZ3l6dWFNMThUT0E&hl=en&authkey=CInDzcwL#gid=2

Look at the Chargers tab as that is the only one I altered. What I did is sorted the team by overall, added a second position field (for position changes), with the second position field to signify depth on roster (TE1, TE2, etc.). It can easily be sorted by position (alphabetically) for updating progression/regression by position. The Kickers and punters are at the bottom of the page, then after them is the cap hits for the team. With sorting the team by overall, now we eliminate the guesswork of the top 20, as it's sorted by overall now. I still have the average posted there on the cap book though, so it cuts out some unneeded data.

Look it over and see if you guys think it would be easier for guys to look at and decipher or if it's too much. It would take a day or two to get every team situated again, but once it's done, it would be simple to add players. Instead of having to go by position, you just cut/paste an opening where the overall would fall, add the players, color code, and voila. I even made space for 65 players so it would be super easy to cut/paste.

2. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

Im not holding anything back so no hard fillings.. u did a good job with the 2nd position but i think this is just seems to be all slammed together.. the other book we r using i like because it is CLEANER which not slammed together and players go by position. i think if we can figure out a way to put players with alter position with the book we have now it would be much better.. but keep up the hard work winu im just sayin this as the capbook person and the one in charge of it with u. when it would come time to add a player in u would have to copy and paste all the players every time u get a new OVR in a spot just seems to be alot more work with this book u r working on.

3. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

Kap - I was thinking it over and to be candid, the reason why I like this is new format is it just plan easier to use. The cap books themselves are for the cap people. I think it allow those who are monitoring them to be more efficient since they can easier add and drop players and not have to worry about formula's and the like.

Just one guys opinion. Ive got lots of them....

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

The main thoughts for the new format is as follows:

1. Easier to add players
    2. Easier to track position changes
    3. Easier to know exactly who is top 20 overall instead of just seeing overall #s

However, I can just stick with adding a second column for position changed players. However, there will be large gaps between where a player may be positioned and where he may ultimately be on Madden's roster.

I want mainly people who mess with the cap on a regular basis to weigh in, as they would be most affected. I respect anyone's opinion on this matter, but cap guys will be affected most, so their opinions would carry more weight.

5. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

ya, way harder to look at and understand. its whatever though. whatever makes yalls job easier means we need to get used to it.