Difficulty and Realism

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Jul 15, 2012.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

lol, here's the deal...

Congrats to all the guys for big wins.

But this isn't even remotely in the world of sim or realistic (not any of your play style, but the difficulty level and overall score results).

I would like everyone to weigh in, but here are a few situating thoughts:

I don't think is fun at all. The entire reason we do the carousel is to struggle, to see who can hack it and who can't, and to climb the ladder through something earned. So far, through 2 weeks of being the worst 12 teams in the game (the worst twelve!... in the game!), we have beaten UCF, UConn, Kentucky, and #1 Alabama, not to mention close calls with Stanford, Indiana, and Georgia. The only remote blowout on the losing end was a bizarre Weave loss, which I attribute to packing with kids for a week-long vacation and a tourney hangover after losing for the first time ever in like 18yrs.

I love you guys, but what am I missing? I literally have zero desire to even play my game... cuz what have I earned? The reality is the game is WAY (not even close... not even in the same solar system) too easy.

I mean I am FAR from being a sim slider nazi. I think you guys know that. In fact, I don't mind wins (even a few too many) and I don't mind all of us over time having success and slowly climbing the ladder. I'm not looking for perfectly realistic (its a video game)... but I am looking to actually participate in starting low and climbing high, not playing 'Bama and it feel like even teams. This is beyond stupid.

We are supposed to struggle. A 50% success rate against BCS schools is silly. And when one of those is the #1 team in the country, you lose me. Maybe (hopefully) I am already talking to the choir and you guys all agree with me, but I have zero desire to play on All-American default. It would be enough for me to honestly just wait for Madden. I mean, why don't we all just play with big schools and forget the carousel?

Someone needs to get fired. Someone needs to shock the world out of nowhere in the first couple of seasons and turn a program in the right direction. Someone needs to suck bad on the field but recruit well. Someone needs to get stuck in spinning wheels at same school for ever. Not this crap, lol. Not even close.

Anyways, my two cents. I literally have no desire to even play.

Thoughts?

My proposal: We go Heisman and adjust. All-American is like freaking rookie level. Maybe Heisman will be stupid as well. I'll take losing bad over this crap. At least a challenge is involved.

Peace
    Heath+

• Like Like x 2
  2. vatechhokie01

P.S. To be sure I'm annoyed, lol. I love you all. EA sucks.

3. Pro

Pro Walk On

I can tell you that on the flip side it is not fun to be stuck at a school, then finally getting a great job only to have the league stop playing.

That being said is there a way to
    increase certain aspects of the game to a higher level? Such as passing. I know in MLB the show, you can set something like batting on rookie or some other difficulty.

I have no problems working up the ladder but if we go to heisman it may be impossible to climb. Consider this that heisman is tougher than all American last year.

4. vatechhokie01

there are 4 options:
    1) stay on All-American default
    2) adjust All-American sliders to make more difficult
    3) play on Heisman default
    4) adjust Heisman sliders to make more easy

Reality:
    -Getting into the "slider game" is beyond painful. This got our old league in trouble and to be frank, is tough to do well. Not something I want to get into large scale. It's not that I am unwilling to give this a whirl, but at the same time its definitely not something I'm jazzed about doing. Certainly we won't spend seasons changing crap every week and pulling crap out of our rears to experiment with.

Fact:
    -90% of Tradition plays on Heisman and thinks we are absolute pusses for playing on All-American.
    -The HUGE consensus across all websites is that this iteration of the game is extremely easy and All-American is a cakewalk. Go look.
    -Our current situation is silly.

5. vatechhokie01

In the past, All-American has been "close" but a bit easy and in the last couple of years (in my opinion), Heisman has been close but a little too "hard" (before this it was a huge cheating system but the consensus is that the cheating has majorily been removed).

This had left everyone to make a decision but although each had its benefits and consequences, neither option was untenable.

My belief: this year All-American is even't close. Way too easy.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  6. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

What was Bully's thought since he played a Top Ten school as well? Arkansas was 7 and BAMA was 9?

7. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Are we making the changes starting week 3 or having to start all over?

8. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

starting week 3...I wouldnt take a win away from anyone

9. vatechhokie01

I'm not even sure we are making changes. Need all you drags to weigh in. I just know there ain't a way in hell I'm voting for NO changes.

P.S. I'm a man of hyperbole. I think our current predicament is stupendously horrendously beyond ultimately extravagantly lame and unrealistic. This is me and my passion being silly. Aside from that, I'm looking for input as the league is more than some sliders and realism and I will have a blast regardless. I'm polemical by nature...

but I'm right :)

10. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

I'm down for whatever and since no one else has played a top team and we are looking at going to a higher level I'm down for whatever. Since I'm the new guy and you guys don't know me from a can of paint please know THAT GAME WAS HARD AS $HIT, I KNOW I CAN'T BEAT THEM CONSISTENTLY!!! I didn't do any glitch or gimmick plays I was lucky enough to have a Sunday afternoon free of noise, sleeping wife and kids. I put my headphones on and played tough.

Whatever you guys decide I'M DOWN WITH IT but VATECHHOKIE1 hearing you say you are losing your urge to play isn't what I want to hear. I backed out of three other leagues based on YOUR excitement and enthusiasm then once I got to talk to you guys more i knew I was in the right place. I just don't want to miss out on what was supposed to be fun...THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MY STRESS RELIEVER NOT A STRESSOR!

I'm down for whatever...

BUT A THOUGHT IF WE WERE GOING TO WASTE TIME ON A TEST SEASON CAN THIS STILL COUNT AS TEST AND UPON COMPLETION WE CAN LOOK AT ALL PROS AND CONS AND DECIDE GOING INTO THE 2nd YEAR OR MIDWAY THIS SEASON TO SEE WHATS WHAT AND DISCUSS ALL KINKS??? I JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN NO MATTER WHAT!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pro

Pro Walk On

Didn't we all agree to play on heisman difficulty to begin with?

12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

heisman or bust.. default isn't that hard. When "crazy" stuff happens you just need to deal with it-- it happens irl too.

• Like Like x 2
  13. vatechhokie01

a) i'm not losing the urge to play. this is me being passionate (my wife calls it obnoxious, lol). I'm not going anywhere dude!
    b) yes, I confess stress cuz this is where all options result in some not being happy. part of the gig I suppose.
    c) this league is and will always remain about relationships. that will never change. i hate all of you and that isn't going anywhere!
    d) no one has done a darn thing wrong! this is far far far from directed at anyone or personal! this should be collective effort to figure out is best for us. i confess in past we have freely chosen All American cuz we are in fact laid back, enjoy the fun and aren't sim hounds within boundaries. that said, this year its just too far from realistic.

so we voyage into unknown waters... but we do it together biyatches! and i will push all of you out of the boat, strand you on an island, chum the water and slap you in the dick... all to get you back in the boat once again and be stronger for it! (not sure mullen can swim though... can "little people" swim well? can someone look this up?)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  14. vatechhokie01

not all but majority, yes

15. Pro

Pro Walk On

Then let's give it a trial run. What do we have to lose? At least we aren't pussies in the eyes of the manly nerds of TSO.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

Honestly I don't mind what we do I'll go with the majority of what everyone wants to do, I just love to play the game win or lose or however difficult it is..

• Like Like x 2
  17. vatechhokie01

here's a Heisman set that I Peench did that is getting some good reviews. I like them in that they seem to tone Heisman down a bit but also aren't crazy adjustments. Worth a shot?

• Like Like x 1
  18. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Very Very interesting...

AIGHT I GOT TRUEBLOOD IN AND UP AT 5 FOR INSANITY, I'M OUT FELLAS! I'm down for whatever...

Just to be devils advocate since we are going to another level of play...Can we open up recruiting as well?

LOL just joking I only wanted to cause more turmoil

• Like Like x 1
  19. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Lets get em boss. Ive got UGA and Bama in a row...I will know in a hurry how they look

• Like Like x 1
  20. Luke

Luke Walk On

Please up the difficulty

• Like Like x 1
  21. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

I have missed your musk around the Cathedral nice to see you back.

• Like Like x 1
  22. vatechhokie01

My north Texas game felt like I was playing an FCs team with lsu, even With throwing 3 ints. Weave must have been drunk off his rocker. I will be implementing these sliders next week.

• Like Like x 1
  23. vatechhokie01

Recruiting is broken so it is easier than it should be. Already signed my first three star!

24. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Fellas I hate to think what Madden is going to be like...

25. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

madden is going to be awesome, just like NCAA is awesome. I am really enjoying this game, even if I havent played a real hard CPU team

• Like Like x 2