Difficulty Discussion

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Shaun Mason, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Difficulty Discussion

Hi guys,

Looks like AA is tougher this year. The Tradition dynasty is leaning towards AA. Some vet posters at OS (AuburnAlumni) have said the same.

Anyone want to run some random games on both AA and Heisman to give us a baseline for difficulty?

Some results in this thread would help make a decision. I suggest whatever we do here in the E-League carry over to the East/West.

Shaun

2. Geauxlden

Geauxlden Walk On

So far, I like the challenge that AA presents. Using LSU, I've blown out Tulane, had a comfortable win vs. Washington, a nailbiter vs. Vandy, and had my arse handed to me in the 4th qtr by Texas. I'm sure that I need to play more games to totally get a feel for it, but so far I haven't felt ready for Heisman yet. Others may disagree, but I think that AA may be good for at least the first season.

3. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

I agree. From what I have seen( My Bro got his Yesterday), It seems as if AA presents more of a realistic feel while Heisman looks like a tough road. Maybe start on AA, work with the sliders and go from there?

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

This is how we started last year. I could see us doing it again. But I won't really be happy until we're dropping games (in a reasonable sense) to the CPU. If AA leads to a season where our only losses are to each other, I will not be happy. If 12 guys run the table against the CPU, then we're kinda lame. Call it group cheesing, or cheesing by association, if you will. shaun already set himself up for a tough season. If I wasn't a die-hard Buckeye fan, I'd go the same way. The big games should be big games no matter who is controlling who. As long as we're all prepared to have to play well in order to win, I think we'll be fine. Besides, the boredom comes when we no longer have to try unless we're playing another member.

I know, I'm a bit of a broken record about this one. ;)

AG

5. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I will predict (and I am not complaining) that I would go 0-12 with Army on Heisman, LOL.

6. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Like I said, run some games on both and see how you fair.

Play OSU v USC a few times on both and that should give you a fair idea of which way we should go.

7. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

No, no. Your right. That's why I joined this league. i hate winning every game. It defeats the purpose.

8. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Shaun or anyone else I am up for running some games.

9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I would like to see User vs User AND User vs CPU games.

I am at work, so I can't. =(

If you want, just post a summary here.

Score and stats (Plays, TOP, Passing, Rushing, ect) would be awesome.

10. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Just remember that it seems like this is said every year. People have had the game for 1-4 days and they're saying AA is tougher than last year. Give it a few weeks. It usually just takes some getting used to the changes and then we'll all be torching the CPU like last year. I haven't played the game though, so I can't really give much of a real opinion I guess.

11. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

This is true. Our learning curve is pretty short, from what I've seen. I'd be up for getting trounced a few times in season one over scoring 40+ a game after the first four weeks of breaking in the game.

12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Yea, I would prefer to err on the side of us getting handled.:)