Difficulty Increase for Season 7

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Looks like things are a bit too easy vs the CPU in the last couple of weeks. Any changes would be minor tweaks to give the CPU the advantage. What I need to know is what is too easy?

For me I think offense is too easy, I would increase the CPU defensive sliders. Mainly coverage or maybe lowering QB Accuracy or WR Catching. Defensively the pressure our teams force is way too much, probably going to dumb some of this down a little and make their blocking easier. I would like it if some of you would practice a bit with sliders different from ours. Either way we are going to make things harder for us vs the CPU and if I don't hear a decent response from this I will just alter them how I see fit.

dakota7
    UofCWildcat
    jello1717
    blLL flo
    Darkwing
    niuhuskie224
    aarondramp
    Bucs
    Hokie Effect

2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I think even if we don't agree to something on this, we need to bolster our conferences. Kansas is a joke, TTU is a joke, looks like Duke is a joke, and i would semi consider Oklahoma to be falling towards joke-dom.

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

How about we redraft within our two conferences and take the shitty teams, forcing us to play against the monsters we built?

4. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

I all for making the sliders more difficult.

5. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Dislike... I don't think we need to be that drastic. Some of us aren't powerhouses (Bucs, NIU, Masler, Hokie)

6. dakota7

I know, I'm not really serious. But I actually am a little bored with UVA and was thinking of a switch.

7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I played as them. Their uniforms suck, their stadium is average, and i don't like their colors. I could see why

8. dakota7

Haha...yeah, its just kinda boring.

9. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

BYU is awesome. Love em. Provo is a nice place, LaVell Edwards is a great stadium, uniforms still suck but it's fine.

10. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

You know me, I'm always for tougher sliders.

QBA slider is broken (I've verified this personally). If you want to lower comp. %s you either need to reduce QB's THA (in my offline I subtract 20 THA for all of my incoming QB recruits) which isn't very feasible in an OD (but is still doable) or reduce the WRC slider (which was my first offline solution ).

Upping the CPU's run defense, pass defense (I've heard the coverage slider is wonky and may be inverted, but haven't played with it). Also the CPU's pass blocking and rushing offense needs serious help.

I haven't check in a while but users usually lead (and frequently by a lot) in these stats:
    YPC
    Completion %
    YPR
    Sacks
    INTS
    TO margin
    QBR (mainly because of the stats above)
    Probably a couple of others I can't think of right now.

11. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

You need recruiting restrictions to prevent the cpu from sucking so bad at least at a talent standpoint. I know you won't see a difference for another 3-4 years, but when the 12 user teams are 1-12 in recruiting classes the cpu is already at a dissadvantage.

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

It's tough this year to restrict recruiting due to scouting. Some 5 stars may bust out while some 3 stars are gems. Hard to predict who will bust and who won't. The best way we would do this was by not swaying back players leaving for the draft. If we make the CPU tougher to play, their pitches will go up if all of us start suffering losses to them.

13. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Not always. (And maybe I should even say "not usually.")

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  14. dakota7

Eliminate scouting.

15. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Yeah good point, didn;t think about the gems aspect. But yeah I am all for upping the sliders.

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

This is a possibility

As well as tougher sliders

17. Masler

Masler Moderator

Lower WRC by 5 or 10
    Up CPU R&P Defense by 5
    Up CPU blocking by 10
    Up RB Ability by 5

Should any of our sliders be dumbed down?

18. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Would love to see more difficult sliders. This is also why I would love to see us start with even lower tier teams next year. Instead of 3's, 4's, and 5's, maybe make it 1's, 2's, and 3's.

19. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

What are you trying to prove?!?!?! Haha

20. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I wanted to be in a shit conference but a few people didn't want that. I won't mention names *cough* jello1717 *cough* but there were some who opposed it.

21. Masler

Masler Moderator

I wouldn't mind that. What EA needs to do is make each star progressively harder to get. Either that or allow me to change the star ranking of each team. Start off with your favorite but be a 1 star.

• Like Like x 1
  22. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

That'd be a great addition. Also would love them to make it so you can add or remove conferences all together.

23. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

I don't want to be in a terrible conference because then you are playing terrible teams. But the bad teams in a good conference (Kentucky, Vandy, Washington State, etc.) where you have to play good teams would be more fun.

24. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

The problem with that is there is not enough teams between two conferences. Maybe if we did Big (L)East (which people didn't wanna do) and ACC (which we're going now) we could POSSIBLY find enough but i doubt it.

25. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Afraid to lose that "QB" you got? ;)