Difficulty of Sliders

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Kapono, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Is TF generally going to make our sliders more difficult this year? I say that because CPU games in just about every league are a joke. You never see a user lose to the CPU if they are both the same (B average for example) or if the CPU is slightly better. Shouldn't we see more losses to the CPU? 95% of losses by a user are within user/user games. I think it would be more sim if you're Tennessee and you play Alabama if you lost to about 8 times out of 10.

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Sliders are a 'league to league' thing. Guys normally complain when they can't win all the time or play for titles. Its not just here but every forum I've ever gamed on. The moment they lose the CPU 'cheated'. I normally come up with a set thats loved on other forums (HATED on here) that provide a good realistic challenge.
    Sidenote: Not sure if our 'Google Doc' section is public but we have all of our stats recorded and you'll see plenty of Ls to the CPU and realistic stats. BCS Chaos (PS3) is cut from a different cloth. Going undefeated is earned in our parts.;)

3. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

Its hard to get a good competitive set of sliders when everyone plays the game year round. The ones in RMG were really tough when we first started back in July but since we play all year they became easy. Im gonna try and make them tough next game.

4. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

It's also tough when everyone is on a different level skill wise. Something that's hard for player A might be easy for player B.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

[​IMG]

Just have plenty of User games. Guys MOST of the time manage to beat the CPU

Nuff said.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

good point

7. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

It doesn't matter how good sliders are if the CPU is calling 4-3 all out blitzes against shotgun 4 WR sets you are gonna beat the CPU 9 times out of...well 9. Messing with sliders starts taking away from other things. I have yet to find a custom slider set that the read option is effective. I personally think that after the tuning that EA did this year that All-American default is competitive as long as you don't spam any money plays/routes. I have lost some games in my offline builder dynasties with AA default and I have recently moved to Heisman default once I moved up the ranks a little more and the CPU is still competitive and beating me. I know some of you that read this are probably gonna think "pfft this guy just ain't as good on the sticks as I am." Well to be honest, I find myself to be pretty decent as far as my stick skills go and you're probably one that likes to spam money plays because you can't take losing.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I dislike the Heisman gameplay because the CBs are psychic and I'm not real big on how the user games play out, but that's beside the point.

This year, Alabama playing as the CPU is one of the easiest teams to score a lot of points on because they blitz a lot of guys on every single play... whereas it would be much tougher if they were more balanced.

9. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

Play calling logic > sliders. Once they fix how teams call plays then we can talk about ideal sliders

10. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

One thing you can do to lower the amount of all out blitzes is to go thru cpu teams and lower the defense aggressiveness percentage in the coaching philosophy

11. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

You can make it harder but then people complain when they lose