Difficulty/Slider/Gamplay Poll

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 9, 2012.

?

What do you believe should be implemented to better achieve a sim/challenging game:

1. Adjust sliders slightly towards the more difficult default Heisman level

85.7%
  2. Limit number of go route TDS per game

42.9%
  3. Limit number of go route TDS per WR1 and WR2

42.9%
  4. Ban hot-routing to go routes no matter situation

28.6%
  5. Ban 5wide and EmptyBack All Verts

85.7%
  6. Ban all 3 and 4WR set All Verts

28.6%
  7. Increase user running game difficulty

14.3%
  8. Other (Please Explain)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Please review options and select ALL changes you believe should be considered. Explain in a message below your reasoning for the need to change or not change. Be thoughtful.

2. vatechhokie01

What I believe we should update:
    -change sliders to what Weave and I have been using, which again, is just what we currently have here tweaked a tad more towards Heisman default. Nothing in them is harder than Heisman default.
    -ban all hot-routing to go routes
    -ban all 4 and 5 receiver all verst (3 is ok)
    -limit go route TDs to 1 per WR1 and WR2 per game: the new sliders will make this difficult enough

What I believe does not need updating:
    -making the running game harder will come with the slider change I hope
    -I do not believe with the other changes to verts and slider difficulty that we need to limit go route TDs to one per game or anything

3. Goose

Goose Walk On

I will explain my position latter tonight/tomorrow morning. It's almost time to head home, and tonight is my son's first ever soccer practice (too young for football, that starts next year)

• Like Like x 1
  4. vatechhokie01

NOTE: DO NOT MAKE THIS A NEGATIVE THING!

We are doing awesome, having a blast, playing great, enjoying the game! But these things and from time to time choosing as a collective group to produce a more sim challenge are not mutually exclusive. Be positive. Look for a more fun realistic game. Help us out with your comments and give your two cents. We are NOT looking to change crap all the to just make it harder. This should be intentional and rare (and I disagree we have constantly made changes. We made one at the beginning of last year after we were playing a gay ass game on All American. that's it).

Let us know your thoughts. Help us build this thing! Cuz for all the bashing, I'm loving this game.

5. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

First and Foremost Guys I just want to ask questions to get better and be more productive in the league...I can care less if you make a rule to say you can only run to the left side of field all game then I will do it.

But all I ask if I ask a question then respect that and if you need me to expand I will but don't take what I say and make it into something totally different, if you want me to explain then ask me for clarification and I will explain fully what I mean. You guys know each other and I'm the new guy and I don't fully know everyone's personalities and I'm trying to get to know you guys but dang I almost hate asking questions or commenting on here because I feel like the flood gates open up and my questions still don't get answered.

• Like Like x 3
  6. vatechhokie01

all we ask for and I believe ya

7. vatechhokie01

but as i posted in the other thread here, you got our love, however your questions do carry implications or they wouldn't be asked. have to afford this truth. and the implications are surprising in that they seem to be you on an island a bit at times. that's all we are saying.

also, you post almost entirely in caps, exclamation points, and excitement (great... your trademark). So you have to give some grace on asking other guys to not get too "heated" or excited with you when this is your default, lol. In other words, you bring passion and expect it to be read as honest kind good intended passion. Afford others the same assumption my friend!

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)*&@#)%&)@&)U#ERW

8. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

WEAVE'S POST WAS PERFECT minus the Gmorg - - Dude...chill just a bit. LOL I understand you were politely saying shut the hell up and listen!

Gmorg - - Dude...chill just a bit.

Recruiting shouldn't matter a bit. Regardless of routes you run. Just because go routes are limited it shouldn't mean that you can't recruit certain players.

5 wide formations ARE ALLOWED - Just don't run the Verticals play. It's clear that this play is nearly impossible for the CPU to properly cover. One of the slots will be open 95% of the time. Don't confuse limiting a route with eliminating formations.

It evident that the go route in this game is very easy this year. This is typical EA, they do something cool, but it hurts the game in some ways. To highlight all of their new catch animations, it seems that a majority of one on one deep balls slant in the favor of the offense.

Slots/TE's have always been an issue in this game. Simply put, it's easy to feed those guys all day. We don't ban it, we simply ask that discretion is used and they aren't getting fed every ball thrown. I thought you did a fantastic job of this last year with your TE, who was maybe your best overall offensive weapon.

Guys I just like asking questions instead of assuming anything...NOTHING BUT LOVE AND RESPECT FOR YOU ALL AND JUST BECAUSE I TYPE IN CAPS OR USE !!!!!!! I'M FAR FROM ANGRY OR UPSET...THIS SHIT IS TOO MUCH FUN TO BE MAD OVER I PROMISE!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

I CAN ONLY ASK QUESTIONS BASED ON WHAT I DO...I LIKE YOU GUYS BUT I JUST STARTED LOOKING AT YOU VIDEOS AND HIGHLIGHTS THIS SEASON...

AGAIN I DON'T KNOW ITS A BAD QUESTION IF I DON'T ASK. I'VE NEVER DONE ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE IN MY LIFE, I COULD GIVE 2 $HITS IF YOU SAY OK WE HAVE DECIDED TO NOT THROW AT ALL AND ONLY RUN. LOOKING AT IT LIKE THIS...I'M WALKING IN OFF THE STREET TO YOUR HOUSE WITH NOTHING BUT A RULE SHEET AND A SIGNED APPLICATION. I HAVE NOT PLAYED NCAA FOOTBALL HONESTLY SINCE 07 WERE I WENT DEEPER THEN 2 SEASONS IN A CPU DYNASTY SO ALL THIS IS NEW TO ME. IF I ASK A QUESTION JUST ASK ME FOR CLARIFICATION DON'T ASSUME OR PIGEON HOLE ME AS BEING ANGRY OR UPSET...I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT TO DO AND TO MAKE SURE I'M DOING IT RIGHT.

EXAMPLE...

the implications are surprising in that they seem to be you on an island a bit at times. that's all we are saying. PLEASE EXPLAIN???

• Like Like x 1
  10. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Gmorg - - Dude...chill just a bit.

Recruiting shouldn't matter a bit. Regardless of routes you run. Just because go routes are limited it shouldn't mean that you can't recruit certain players.
    I SAID THIS BECAUSE IF GO ROUTES ARE GONE THEN I'M RECRUITING GUYS WHO ARE POSSESSION WRS WHO CAN CATCH.

5 wide formations ARE ALLOWED - Just don't run the Verticals play. It's clear that this play is nearly impossible for the CPU to properly cover. One of the slots will be open 95% of the time. Don't confuse limiting a route with eliminating formations.
    IN ONE POST IT SAID HE MAY LOOK AT GETTING RID OF 5 WIDES ALL I WAS SAYING IF SO CAN I JUST GET ANOTHER FORMATION.

It evident that the go route in this game is very easy this year.
    HARD FOR ME TO COMPARE BECAUSE I HAVEN'T PLAYED NCAA SERIOUSLY BEFORE SO I'M UNSURE...JUST KNOW IN MADDEN YOU ARE A FOOL IF YOU RUN GO ROUTES!

This is typical EA, they do something cool, but it hurts the game in some ways. To highlight all of their new catch animations, it seems that a majority of one on one deep balls slant in the favor of the offense. THIS IS GREAT INFO BECAUSE I HAD NO CLUE OF COMPARISONS FROM THIS YEAR IN COMPARISONS TO OTHER YEARS.

I JUST WANTED TO USE THIS EXAMPLE OF EXACTLY WHAT I WAS SAYING IN RESPONSE TO THINGS.

TYPED IT ALL WITH A SMILE ON MY FACE BUT I JUST LIKE USING ALL CAPS AND A FEW !!!! BY ANY MEANS I'M NOT PISSED! NOW IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT BEING PISSED LET'S TALK ABOUT THE SERVICE MANAGER AT THE LOT WHO JUST CHARGED MY WIFE $235 FOR A TIRE SO HEY I MAY HAVE TYPED ANGRY DURING ALL THIS BUT INSTEAD OF ASSUMING I WAS MAD AT YALL YOU COULD HAVE SAID DUDE WHATS WRONG??

OH WELL THAT'S BETTER THEN ME DRIVING TO THE LEXUS LOT AND PUNCHING THAT DOUCHE BAG IN THE FACE AFTER HE TRIED TO DISRESPECT MY WIFE...;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

lol increase user running difficulty LOL thought you already did I was 6th in nation last year with over 1200 yards and in 2 games combined my RB doesn't have 100 yards rushing...

12. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

I actually had already removed all verts from playbooks at the beginning of last season so I have no problem with banning all vert plays.

I'm in favor of moving the difficulty up closer to heisman, I like having the challenge of trying to win on the higher difficulty

However on the hot route to fades, sometimes even in real life the defense will just be on press coverage and the safety no where in sight and you just have that one on one coverage and the Qb recognize this and will hot route but I do understand this shouldn't happen all the time or even more than once a game so I dont have a problem with it being banned or even just a limit of maybe 1 or 2, but I was just throwing a different point out there

Also I will say on limiting the number on fade routes to throw on the game should at least maybe a little higher becasue at like Oklahoma State Throws numerous fade routes especially in the endzone all the time and were about 90% on those, again I know this is a video game at the D wont cover it right so I understand limiting but it should at least be at 2 maybe 3! However I dont care to much about this since my receivers aren't good enough to go out and get the fade

Just my insight for another point of view, but I dont mind on how the difficulty is change or anything that is limited, I just love playing in this league and want to have fun with it.

• Like Like x 2
  13. vatechhokie01

we'll let others weigh in and make changes at the week change.

14. vatechhokie01

p.s. never said or meant to say you can't use 5 wide... just not 5 wide all verts. 5 wides is fine.

15. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

BAN WEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. vatechhokie01

lmao... awesome. still working on making this happen.

17. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

thats what i meant, not banning go routes in general. although we could do something like:
    -limit one go route TD per game or one go route per WR1 and WR 2 per game
    -absolutely no go routes or post routes to slots (this doesn't just mean 3rd receivers but anyone, including 1st and 2nd receivers lined up in slots, etc
    -ban hot routing to go routes entirely

just ideas... but they are lame and a huge reason we are playing like we are

discuss... thoughts?

"BUT YES... 5wide and empty back ALL VERTS IS BANNED! we'll discuss typical all verts here" typed by vatechhokie01​
    ^^^^^ In this post when I read it as 5 wide (SET) and empty back all verts play then all caps and exclamation mark(same thing you nail me for) I read it a certain way and asked based on what you typed...LOL then the conversation went south and we never really answered it LOL!​
    I only paid attention to 5 wide because its a formation that I have...So all of today's conversation happened becasue you really didn't understand my question and the fact that I misinterpreted your statement...​
    I learned today if I don't understand I will simply send you a inbox message or ask for enlightenment​

18. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

This forum shows non verbal communication amongst guys can be hilarious...

I was damn near expecting my pink slip from the league and this all started because "BUT YES... 5wide and empty back ALL VERTS IS BANNED! we'll discuss typical all verts here"

If I had saw this or understood it as "BUT YES..." IN" 5wide and empty back sets ALL VERTS or "ALL GO ROUTE PLAYS" ARE BANNED! we'll discuss typical all verts here"

I would have been fine ;)

Sorry guys now I hope you understand what I was saying...

• Like Like x 1
  19. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

You're a good dude Gmorg. Bonner on the other hand is a flaming assface.

• Like Like x 2
  20. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Schedule him? That has seemed to work in the past :)

^^^I mean look at this! Is this the type of conduct we want to promote in the Cathedral?

21. Pro

Pro Walk On

I suck, sliders can stay the same and I'll still lose. So I have no say in the matter.

• Like Like x 2
  22. vatechhokie01

where are all you other morons and your votes? I'm about to advance but I'm considering changing sliders now. pipe up nannies.

23. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I dont like limiting money plays. This is a gentlemans league and I think it is silly to have to limit certain things. As Goose said, I know that I can do it. I choose not to. Down 44-3...didnt have to run one of those money plays. There is such a fine line between trying to win and cheesing to win and when you have a chance to beat a big team, that line gets even more blurry.

So I vote for making it harder, fine with that. I absolutley vote against getting one or two money td's a game. Thats garbage. Earn it.

24. vatechhokie01

I think the thinking here had nothing to do with money plays and more to do with go routes exist, jump balls exist and because what is real and what is garbage is blurry limits help make the decision for us all. DEFINITELY didn't mean to make it sound like we are allotting space for "money" plays. agree with every word you say.

25. vatechhokie01

need more voters. get on this lazy asses.