Difficulty Vote

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by recchem2000, Jul 12, 2012.

?

What Level of Difficulty to Play?

1. Heisman

70.0%
  2. All American

30.0%
  1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

2. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I voted Heisman. I would rather move down in difficulty than have to adjust to Heisman once we get going.

3. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

All American just seems easy to me. I say Heisman as well.

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Historically I've never been a fan of Heisman, but I'm on the fence this year. I'm going to wait to vote and see what way the group is leaning.

5. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I voted All American because Heisman cheats.....

6. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Heisman has cheated BEFORE... There is not nearly as much cheating in this version, though I will admit there is still too much jumping routes in my opinion... BUT NO CHEATING JUMP PICKS, which makes a world of difference. Still, it's the only way for CPU to get a pass rush and run the ball offensively without sliders. Also, you can move the ball against the defense in this version. You have to be a lot more careful, but it's easily doable if you don't force it. So far as WSU I've lost to Oregon State (by 11 with a pick six late in the game) Stanford (giving up 73 points to the Cardinal while scoring 38) and Utah (52 points to the Utes while scoring 26). However I have beaten Cal and moved the ball for well over 300 yards in each game. Against OSU, Stanford and Cal I went over 400 yards and the Utah and Stanford defenses are flat out ridiculous. I realistically could not stop their offenses with a 3-4 look.

In perspective I went 5-0 on AA to start the year with only a battle from Colorado (2 stupid turnovers kept them in it) and #2 Oregon, who felt very very weak imo while I ended up beating them 31-27.

7. Wyrmreaver

There are just so many INTs on Heisman......... The CPU players run the route and I see more "psychic DBs" on heisman than on AA. I am playing offline AA with a handful of slider adjustments to make the cpu a little tougher, as in +5 to a bunch of CPU stuff and -5 to a bunch of user stuff and the CPU seems to play pretty well..... maybe you are just a lot better than me this season Jayrah!

8. Wyrmreaver

Also to better articulate my point.....

The game is designed to play "correctly" on AA. The CPU plays at the listed ratings, on Heisman the program artificially makes the CPU better. The best example is when on 2nd and 12 I call a run play out of 4 wide and the CPU comes out in a 3-4 with one of the safeties in the box. That happens constantly on Heisman and is really cheesy, then I have to either get stuffed or call an audible and either A) abuse the AI or B) watch the CPU audible into the perfect D to stop my audible even though I am in the same formation.

I would far prefer to play on AA and adjust a few sliders a little bit based on game results to make the CPU a little tougher, like +5 CPU pass defense, -5 user QB accuracy and -5 user WR catching for example. I am not suggesting some ridiculous slider overhaul, I hate "slider guy" but I would rather play the game on the difficulty it was designed for with some slight adjustments to sliders based on the groups average skill level.

9. Jayrah

Just got done defeating UCLA 31-17 in a really good game. Maybe I am.... I hope so! :D Also, what is pretty well to you??? Dru50 was saying you are passing better than running in this game? Totally unrealistic! :p
    We are all pretty solid players. I would say our "average skill level" is higher than AA difficulty. I think last season proved that.

I was down on Heisman last season for 2 reasons: First, the cpu (no matter the rating of the player or team) just chucked linemen aside like ragdolls 2 out of every 3 plays, causing instant pressure like 7 out of 10 snaps. Which brings me to my second point, which is that the DB's were not only allowed to jump routes, but they were also aided by the super LB, which no longer exists. I just put up 426 yards on UCLA as WASHINGTON STATE! 24 of 34 for 353 and 3 tds. That's a 70% completion rating. I also had 3 picks (late throws on each and I knew I shouldn't have thrown them the second I let them go). I'm telling you receivers still run open, you just have to find the right one and not force.

On the other hand I rushed for 73 yards. I was sacked 6 times so my qb had -52 yards on 10 total carries, but I ran for 108 on 13 carries with my 3rd string rb as my first 2 are hurt. It's not like the past, this never would've happened last season.

Wyrmreaver I completely respect your opinion but my major problem is that I personally do not feel that AA was made with any defense in mind this season. NONE! It is a passing frenzy and is set up for you to throw guys open all day long. A 5 point boost on AA will not change that. The game has some defense, but with 5 games on AA and 4 games on Heisman so far, I've only seen it on the latter. Let me put it this way... If Cheez is able to pass on AA, it is too easy! :p

EDIT: Keep in mind my numbers are on 8 minute qtrs, so they are a little inflated over what we will be going with (7). I am turning the qtr amount down now because it takes too long to play.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I played a few CPU games last night on Heisman. The major thing that I found was the stupid QB taking off on passing plays after looking for a WR for all of 2 seconds. This happened alot when I played Clemson. Not sure if the type of QB has anything to do with it.

In all honesty I don't think it matters all that much for us. With the ammount of user games we should be fine on either.

11. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Question... Do OUR AI players play on Heisman levels during User games if it's on Heisman?

(Im still just a second year player of NCAA and never really fiddled with Madden's higher levels as they were ridiculous.)

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Supposedly they do.

13. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

I guess the real test is playing some scrub team on Heisman... If you dont win by 25-35pts consistently... this wont be mimicking real college football.
    (Yes upsets happen but statistically superior talented teams will crush the scrubs).

14. Dru50

I still haven't played a CPU game, and likely won't have time to until the tourney is over. If someone else wants to run some testing and report results that would be helpful.

Worst case, we start on Heisman and can back it off if needed down the road.

15. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I'm playing North Texas vs. FSU on Heisman now to see what kind of result I get on 7 minute quarters, I'll post when I finish

16. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I have played 3 games on AA with WSU. So far I have had mixed results. Against BYU, my best play was throw it deep and watch their cornerbacks not cover. Of course I watched my LBs and DBs not cover. Against the FCS school, my offense struggled early but eventually kicked it in gear and the game went as expected. Against UNLV, basically a FCS school, offensively I struggled. I put up 15 points, I threw a couple of interceptions, one was a deflected interception where the guy caught it on the ground, and it was at the goal line that cost me points, of course a couple plays later I intercepted a pass and got the ball in basically the same field position and scored.

In the one game on Heisman, against Dru my LBs and DBs were on his receivers like glue. Maybe I called a lot of man that game, but it honestly felt like I should have had 10 interceptions and not just four. I haven't played a game on Heisman with my Bama Boys. Maybe this afternoon if I can take off early and I can get a game in on Heisman against Michigan and Ole Miss to see how many supermen I have on defense.

17. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

(Hesiman)
    FSU 45
    North Texas (CPU) 12

This game could have been an even bigger blowout if I hadn't throw 4 picks. Also the last play of the game, I broke a run for a what was a TD but got tackled on purpose so I could end the game.

Key Stats
    EJ Manuel (QB) - 14-26 for 245 yards, TD, 4 INT
    Chris Thompson (HB)- 20 carries for 140 yards, 2 TD
    Vince Williams (user MLB)- 17 tackles, 6 TFL

Derek Thompson (QB)- 31-48 for 251 yards, TD, 4 INT (2 for TD)
    2 HBs combined- 15 carries for 59 yards, 0 TD

18. Jayrah

BOOM! :)

19. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Not if you run the ball like I do.

Correctly is not the right word, as the game still plays as it should on Freshman, Varsity, and Heisman. It's not wrong if the game is on Heisman. However, the game is tuned on AA.

User/User games use default sliders. Adjusting them would make playing CPU games and User games feel entirely different.

20. Jayrah

The first three games are basically what it took me to understand what I could and couldn't throw, then guys were wide open on basically every play in my experience. I don't know what user/user Heisman is like. I'm hoping it's just like cpu as far as coverage. There is a lot of glue coverage, but if you're patient and will to throw the ball away or take off and run on those plays, it's ok because guys are open on the others. Then you just have to find the right guy and throw it on time. That the other key. The AI really penalizes you for being late on Heisman unless your window is really open. They do need to fix the coverage on the out routes or fix the trajectory because the db's are able to make up too much ground on those routes. On AA I was throwing a lot of late passes and coming down with the catch.

Again, just my experience

21. Jayrah

Right, right and right. SLIDERS is the key, tuned ... TUNED on AA

22. Dru50

I'm not following you here - are you saying that AA needs sliders and Heisman doesn't?

23. Wyrmreaver

Cheez when I say correctly I mean correctly...... at other difficulties the CPU is artificially making CPU players better or worse, so a 77 OVR DT on Heisman might play like a 90 OVR. I am not advocating a radical slider set in any case, a few minor adjustments wont make the game "feel entirely different."

I honestly feel the CPU plays more sim on AA if that makes sense. The psychic playcalling on heisman is by far the most frustrating thing I've encountered playing the CPU. Better coverage and stuff is fine and good, but when the CPU calls run defense on passing downs every time you dial up a draw the game feels cheap

24. Dru50

Well, with 7 votes out of 12, Heisman is the winner for now. We can obviously re-assess after season 1.

25. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Just played with Bama on heisman, I am good with heisman