Difficulty

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Difficulty

All American w/ Adjusted Sliders
    6 Min QTRs
    All-American Recruiting Sliders
    5 Five Star Limit (I just dont feel right saying no limit)
    NO 4 star limit
    Must keep roster at or under 70 at all times

Sliders will be released when I get them figured out. And for the first couple of weeks we can have a discussion if anything seems out of whack (too easy/hard).

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

What are you going to be changing with the AA sliders?

Also, how is the 5 star recruiting limit imposed? I've never done this in a league b4 so I want to be 100% clear how it works.

3. TBrown80

TBrown80 Walk On

Are we sure 6 minutes is the way to go? I am reading in other dynasties that they are looking at 8-9 minutes due to ACC clock.

I don't really care, but throwing it out there.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'll be changing a lot with the sliders, just about every slider. Nothing too drastic but enough to make this game a bit more realistic. So far on AA I've noticed way too many turnovers and I have yet to lose a game.

The limit is imposed by the fact if you go over there will be penalties, like warnings, loss of recruits, loss of recruiting time...and possible removal from league(that is highly unlikely). This limit is only here to stop any one person from sucking up all the 5 stars, which I doubt anyone with these teams will be able to even reach 2 five stars.

5. Keller

Well whats the limit and how does it work then?

Sorry, I want to make sure I'm following rules, lol.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Well Hova and I played a game on 7 min quarters and it seemed to drag on forever, to the point where we were screwing around just to end the game. I don't want user games to last longer than like 45 min to an hour and this one lasted more than an hour. 5 min is also too short. So I believe 6 is a good medium. In my opinion, 8-9 would be way too long and would bore everyone. We can always turn off ACC clock..any opinions on that?

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

You can recruit up to 5 Five Stars. Meaning at 5 you would stop recruiting 5 stars. But I have no limit on 4 stars. As long as everyone stays at 70 or under I don't have a huge problem.

I still don't see anyone getting 5, that would be pretty impressive considering the teams we are using. I see more 3-4 stars getting recruited. Also, 5 stars aren't coming in highly rated anymore, highest you might see is 83-85.

8. Keller

I just wanted to be sure as I don't want to break any rules. I don't see anyone getting over 5 anytime soon either but like I said, I just want to be sure.

9. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Hopefully nobody gets more than 1. I doubt any will be able too

10. Keller

Is Maryland 3 or 4 star? I bet I could get a couple if I were a 4* and they're from one of my pipeline states. I think its certainly doable.

11. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I am talking about 5*'s. The only 5 star we will have a chance at is a rare one that has us in the top 10 or maybe an instate guy

12. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

I like the settings.

5 star limit might ridiculous even mentioning considering we are all medium echelon teams. I understand it being imposed later in the dynasty years, but probably not at first.

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

Right the limit probably won't come into play for a while but its better to figure it out now then never

14. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I say no limits, i really feel like this isnt going to be an issue this year.

15. Keller

Its an interesting point but for any school to get five 5* guys is pretty amazing.

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

right so I agree with JC no limits for the first year. I personally won't even go after 5 stars, waste of hours

17. Keller

There may be 1 in a pipeline or somethin at a position of great need, in that case, I would go for 1.