Difficulty

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Kapono, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Difficulty

I have seen almost no losses this season by user teams. I see teams like Ohio St. and WVU and other going down to CUSA and MAC teams and even my game vs. Purdue was a little too close. Do you think we will change the difficulty or maybe move some of the sliders a little to make scores vs. the CPU more realistic?

2. Andrews

Andrews Walk On

Yeah, my game against WVU was really tight in the first half, but in the second half I couldn't do anything wrong. But in Week 1 against OSU I got smacked. I literally felt helpless and couldn't do anything.

So I don't know what it all means. I really don't think i'll lose against a non BCS team (non-user controlled), but we'll see.

3. Fisker

Fisker Walk On

yeah tough to gauge. heisman level sometimes makes the game literally impossible. i played a close game with ohio state until the end. ohio actually hung with osu last year for a bit so it might not be too unreasonable.

pryor was downright horrible but it was also pouring rain. their run game was impossible to stop. had i played the game on heisman i would not have stood any kind of chance. i had to play a perfect game with osu having an off game for me to win with AA.

4. mickey13

mickey13 Walk On

Tough to call, but if any of us win vs. a powerhouse, it should probably be a nail biter. It took me to the 4th quarter to get the Texas Tech game under control. Then the UAB game I pretty much dominated minus my 3 or 4 fumbles.

5. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

I have found if you can with stand the EA momentum onslaught for the 1st 3 qtrs., a lot of times it will let up in the 2nd half or 4th quarter. I have played a handful of games where no matter what you do you will lose via fumbles, etc. I can play on heisman with good teams but with a B-<, I find it very frustrating.

6. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

I agree that the sliders need to be tweaked just a little bit. Penalties also. I dont want it too hard either...looking for a happy medium

7. Milbut

Milbut Walk On

I haven't played a FBS game yet where the outcome hasn't been decided by fumbles/penalties. With Temple vs UConn I won on a last second field goal, so that game could have gone either way. Next up is Penn State. By the way this year is going I expect to get blown out or watch Penn State hand me the game after 4 or 5 turnovers. I don't think a slider change is going to keep the game competitive against top tier competition. I may just not be as good as some of you guys either so it's hard to say.

We are already playing with an adjusted set of sliders, if you look at one of the options online you can see them.

8. mickey13

mickey13 Walk On

Yeah, I'm just thinking though, if Ohio beats Ohio State or lets say Temple beats PSU next week it should look like an upset i.e. 17-14 last second swatted pass seals the upset or something. It shouldn't be like 35-10 over the top ten teams in the country. I don't know, just saying.

9. mickey13

mickey13 Walk On

PS-I'm definitely not that good.

10. Andrews

Andrews Walk On

Is it me or is robo qb back and the opposing team all of a sudden has the greatest running game in the world? I played D+ Bowling Green and I couldn't stop the run or stop them on offense for the fisrt 3 quarters. I felt so cheated 95% of the game. When I lost to OSU I didn't feel cheated at all, they just shut me down. I don't know maybe its just me but I hate patch 2 already.
    P.S.-I'm never attempting another field goal again as I have now missed 4 out of 4. All under 30 yards.

11. trustandfall

trustandfall Walk On

I'm not having *any* trouble with field goals...

Opposition might need a minor boost.. I mean, Illinois is a C team, I'm C -, and I beat them in double OT... that's pretty darn close!

12. djnnfl

djnnfl Walk On

they seem to be OK for the most part only issues i have is CPU run def. and FG's anything over 30 you can forget it. other than that lets see how the first season plays out. i have yet to play against an big FBS team. northwestern, V tech Navy all coming up

13. mickey13

mickey13 Walk On

I finally missed 2 XPs. Ah well. I can fix it.

14. Milbut

Milbut Walk On

Got my ass handed to me on Defense against PSU. I couldn't stop the run or the pass and got lucky they had to kick 4 field goals or it could have been very ugly.

On Offense they completely shut down my running attack minus one play. I was able to find some holes in a soft pass defense, but certainly nothing to write home about.

I lost the game on a last drive fumble with about 3 minutes on the clock and I honestly didn't feel cheated. I felt I had a great game plan, adjusted well to what they were doing and just flat out got beat by the better team.

15. mickey13

mickey13 Walk On

I just got smoked by TCU. Completely smoked.

16. Milbut

Milbut Walk On

I saw that score, was like holy shit. I played against TCU in my first offline dynasty with SMU, was down 24-3 at half time. Somehow gain The Big Mo and came back on them in the second half and won 30-24, but yeah they are dangerous and if they get rolling good luck.

I have found that if I completely change my play-calling style on defense (beyond what a D coordinator would normally do IMO) I can have success slowing teams down in the second half.

For example, I tried playing a lot of man cover 1 and man cover 2 against PSU in the first half. Very Florida State under Mickey Andrews style defense. If Mickey's boys were getting smoked in the first half they certainly would not come out with overload zone blitz packages in the second half. I did and that really seemed to help slow the onslaught.