Difficulty

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Archie Griffin, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Difficulty

It's going up.

Not sure how, but it's going up.

I noticed a few references to end of year games that we expect to play against other users. If we have fallen back into expecting to win all the conferences, then we're playing too easy a CPU.

We'll do it in bits and pieces, but we're going to rev it up a bit, I think. More on this later ...

2. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

That's fine by me...I lost to Oklahoma St. and West Virginia, both CPU, last season and had a few close games (3 pt. winners)...What are we looking at bumping up or down?

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Basically, the bumps we proposed last year didn't actually happen. I imagine a 5 point bump in pass coverage, run defense, and either run block or rb ability (but I'm not sure which one. I don't want guys breaking tackles and running 80 yard TD's once a game, but I would like the CPU to average about a yard per carry more than they do)

4. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

This sounds good to me.

5. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Last year our sliders made us throw more. Why are we going up in run defense (I'm assuming you are bumping the CP advantage.)

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I'm not sure what it was like for others, but last year I threw the ball 240 times compared to 476 rushes. I had this 2 runs - 1 pass ratio because running was easy enough that I didn't have to pass that often.

For whatever it's worth, last year, the real Michigan team ran 453 times compared to 338 passes (but this was with shitty balanced type QBs instead of the scramblers that I have).

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Just to change directions a bit - if we get tougher on the sliders, we can keep the 8 minute quarters. The total number of plays you cite here is fairly close (though the real life UM team didn't get to run a lot of offense because they just couldn't - most teams' numbers will be higher in RL). An extra minute per quarter might make up the gap.

Tougher D, more punts, and better CPU running ought to eat up that time, give us the right number of plays per game, and cut down on our scoring numbers at the same time. And, if we do it right, we get enough plays in to compete for end of season awards and such. I think 8 minutes with the right settings provides the most realistic end-of-season stats.

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I just brought up the real team's numbers as a comparison between the run/pass ratios. If we did keep the 8 minute quarters, we'd definitely need to change the sliders. I only won 44-14, but I did a lot of time management. I'm sure I could've scored 60 if I played at the same pace as I do with 7 minute quarters.

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I played a practice game last night vs USF, who according to letter grades is better than me, and their tailback tore me up. He was breaking tackles all day. The computer will never put up big run numbers though because they are idoits, and you cant fix stupid. If you want to adjust the cpu run game go with run block but either way we are just trying to find ways to cheat their way past their stupidity.