Difficulty

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Hova, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Do we want to try heisman difficulty this year? We have for been doing all-pro for awhile now and usually the CPU blows after a few seasons. We will pry end up tweaking the sliders like always but what do you guys think? I know alot of the veteran leagues on TSO use heisman and like it. They get CPU wins all of the time. Let me know what you guys think.

We will be using heisman recruiting this season. No discussion there.

2. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

Heisman is good with me - it's all I play offline and solo dynasty anyway.

3. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I don't mind Heisman much for CPU games.

It's been the user games the past 2 years that I have loathed on Heisman.

4. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

I'm good with Heisman or at least giving it a shot

5. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I am cool with Heisman. The more challenge the better imo

6. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

I am not good with Heisman. We are using crappy teams this year and using Heisman creates wacky gameplay. I would prefer to be able to take a 3 step drop without getting sacked every play because the offensive lineman never gets out of his stance. Switching the settings towards the end of last year basically ruined the enjoyment of the dynasty for me.

7. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

This could be true ... Also by using crappy teams and Heisman recruiting teams will only get guys who have them top 3 from the start and may lose some of them anyway.

While I voted ok to Heisman I can play either way ... Maybe we up the difficulty in 2-4 seasons when the teams have improved.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  8. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

+1

9. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

I am fine with a move to Heisman, I bet there were less than 10 cpu losses last year against the cpu on All-American. Sliders aren't enough to make it actually challenging, I know that it boils down user games every year because I am not dropping a cpu game, and only get challenged in them rarely. Especially after the first 2-3 seasons.

I mean most guys aren't even posting cpu game results after while because they are meaningless.

10. Hova

Heisman recruiting wont be a problem at all. I talked to drifterbub and in the duece they used similiar teams and recruited fine. He said one year with Oregon St he signed about 7 five stars. He said the CPU got progressively worse at recruiting with time.

11. Hova

Heisman gameplay could be a problem though if guys cannot win or not enjoying it at all. We need to remember its a new game though so maybe try a few games on heisman and a few on a setting under? The first season should not be as huge because hopefully nobody is not competing for a NC season 1.. Maybe we can find middle ground. I just dont want to see the CPU get trounced into the ground every dynasty like they have the past 3 years.

12. MoonBBad

U know Wick's going to be in the running with Washington

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hova

Possible. Shouldn't be beating Oregon and USC with ease tho, totally unrealistic. Noobish Wick taking sucha good team

14. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

I'm winning the the Natty in season one with Michigan State... write it down! :trophy:(y)

15. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

The cpu is going to get annihilated on All American, even some during the first season like they always do, I will take some frustration playing on Heisman over the frustration of looking at the weekly scores and seeing 59-3, 62-10, 45-14 any day.

That being said there of course will be time to play on both settings before we get going, but, it always works out to us crushing the cpu on All American.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  16. Hova

MSU has to have the highest odds in Vegas to win it all out of the teams in this dynasty

17. Hova

Ya we need to try to find a middle ground. We say this every year and the CPU continues to get raped with a rare 1-2 losses through 10 seasons.

abolishthefed
    MoonBBad

18. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

I'm up for anything but still favor Heisman for the challenge of it

19. MoonBBad

Alright let's do Heisman then.

20. Wick36

It depends on how much I practice when the game comes out and how predictable the CPU is. I mean, at this point, I can probably guess what they're doing with >50% accuracy because they only do a couple different things in each situation.

21. Wick36

I don't see why we even need to decide this ahead of time. We probably won't be starting the day it comes out and even if we do there's season pass before that.

We can see if AA sucks, if Heisman does wonky shit, find out if the sliders will be effective for either setting, and see which provides the best user game experience.

Last year, part of the problem was that we waited too long to touch anything, and then it wasn't balanced how we did it. For example, most teams started off very run heavy. We ended up most people running stuff out of the spread because passing never became more difficulty. Also, the human teams were all pretty much better than the CPU at that point.

-

But, yeah. I don't really care about the CPU games. Even if we jack stuff up to the point where Rudy is making plays in the backfield, the computer is still the computer and will be very predictable/beatable, so I am not worried about that. I care mostly about the experience in the user games. /shrug

22. Hova

We will all do testing before anything is final, then majority rule on it. With the new faster pace we can use a season or 2 to tweak without worrying about hurting our teams in the long run.

23. Hova

As for rosters we will not be waiting long at all, all we need is all BCS schools 90% named and no user team rosters way out of whack. With the increase speed and lower tiered teams the first 4 years does not mean much and will go buy quick. Hopefully our success comes from who we recruit. We should be knocking out a season every 30 days. This will get us through 10 seasons easy, goal is more.

24. Wick36

Complete rosters were out on the first or second day last year (my sleep/eat schedule was real fucked up, so I don't remember. Was basically in XBL chat with some friends for 3 days straight), should be done before release with season ticket.

25. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I agree with everything in this paragraph