Dilemma

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by quietstrm, Aug 27, 2011.

1. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

I have a dilemma. I am moving and Comcast is jacking me up with elevated bills because I'm not new anymore. They are saying they will charge me a $70 transferring fee for the move on top of 142$/month. When I move I'm switching to Verizon ($93 plus free installation) to get a better new customer deal. The dilemma is they can't hook my cable and internet in until the Sept 22 so I'm screwed. Darn Verizon strike. I have a brother who lives about 30 with my parents with a PS3. I just don't know how much I can get over there and when the system will be available. I can play my game tomorrow afternoon. I just don't if I'm going to be able to stay. I may drop if so I'll probably re-apply.​

2. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Honestly, I would shop around for an alternate ISP, even if temporary. At this point you have to wait for Verizon, that price point won't change. Your only concern will be to avoid getting locked into a contract for when you make the switch from your temporary ISP. This requires more legwork, but could offer your solution.

3. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Yea man that's a tough spot. I'll let you back in if you need to leave because of that

4. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

Thanks for your feedback guys I appreciate it. That sounds like a good plan Derek. I'll retire for now and would get in contact with you when I'm up and running at my new place. Thanks again for all your help.

5. sportyfan2000

sportyfan2000 Walk On

ok man , you take care of that problem and come back , i welcome ya back