Dilemma

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by quietstrm, Aug 27, 2011.

  1. quietstrm

    quietstrm Walk On

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2010
    Messages:
    161
    I have a dilemma. I am moving and Comcast is jacking me up with elevated bills because I'm not new anymore. They are saying they will charge me a $70 transferring fee for the move on top of 142$/month. When I move I'm switching to Verizon ($93 plus free installation) to get a better new customer deal. The dilemma is they can't hook my cable and internet in until the Sept 22 so I'm screwed. Darn Verizon strike. I have a brother who lives about 30 with my parents with a PS3. I just don't know how much I can get over there and when the system will be available. I can play my game tomorrow afternoon. I just don't if I'm going to be able to stay. I may drop if so I'll probably re-apply.​

     
  2. Randiesel75

    Randiesel75 Walk On

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2010
    Messages:
    5,645
    Honestly, I would shop around for an alternate ISP, even if temporary. At this point you have to wait for Verizon, that price point won't change. Your only concern will be to avoid getting locked into a contract for when you make the switch from your temporary ISP. This requires more legwork, but could offer your solution.
     
  3. DC

    DC Shake n Bake

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2009
    Messages:
    5,546
    Yea man that's a tough spot. I'll let you back in if you need to leave because of that
     
  4. quietstrm

    quietstrm Walk On

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2010
    Messages:
    161
    Thanks for your feedback guys I appreciate it. That sounds like a good plan Derek. I'll retire for now and would get in contact with you when I'm up and running at my new place. Thanks again for all your help.
     
  5. sportyfan2000

    sportyfan2000 Walk On

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2011
    Messages:
    479
    ok man , you take care of that problem and come back , i welcome ya back
     

Share This Page