Direct Connection vs. Router

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by bigtubb_, Apr 1, 2011.

1. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I had a discussion with someone from another league. He beat me in a game 34-14. However, during the game my guys were disappering. For example, on my screen my QB was running out of bounds but the next second he disappreared and popped back in the field next to his player and my qb fumbled. On another play I ran through a hole up the middle...the next second I was behind my centers back trying to push forward. After the game, he told me he had the same issues until he started to connect directly to his ps3.

After thinking about, my problems started when I went and bought a slim ps3. Since I got it I am 0-10 versus users and everytime I was using a router. Does or did anybody have these same issues...kicking the cpu's ass only to lose to users...and it was laggy or all your throws were late.

2. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

I have had lag issues sometimes - depends on who I am playing. Never to the point of vanishing players. Im wirelesss, never tried direct with the PS3. I always assume it's "the other guy" - cause most times its totally fine, sometimes its laggy.

3. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

I have never had a direct connnection always used wireless...and I have never had any issues at all. I do get turbo internet from the cable company though

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Only time I've ever seen vanishing players is with a lag switch. When you have a bad connection with NCAA it will give you 'Please Wait' and then kick one or the other. As you all know I go directly into my PS3. The only time I had problems with this game is when Fight Night dropped but I think that issue was 'universal'. Other than that I have hiccups (normally in big moments:() but never to that extent. Most of the time its a great playing game when your opponent has a great internet/connection or your both connected with the ethernet.

5. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

I've always been wireless and there is just a tad bit of lag from when i psuh the button to when i see the action on the field. It's most noticeable on kicking cus i can see the lag on the meter.

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

How was our game tubb? I actually didn't have to much lag, felt just like when I face ben. I wish that would of been the case when my Vols was ready to dig in that ass during NCAA '10;)

7. BG

BG On The Rize!

Stop lying! You just beat me the other week! So how are you 0-10 vs users! JK. I'm like big bear, I always assume its my opponent

8. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

lol i was more like 3-7 or 4-6. Jerzey I used a direct connection versus you. IM 1 - 1 since dropping that router for games. ONe game I won 31 -14 in the PAc12 championship game in Gridoron Gladiators and I lost by 3 to Jerzey.