Dirties voting

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by JQwon13, Oct 18, 2012.

1. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Alright guys... Obviously this will be interesting as we have so many new people again, but I'm gonna try to knock this out. So hopefully yall can help me out and get me as many of your votes as possible quickly.

DirtycashDylan
    recchem2000
    nikpin
    Gyrene76
    xGRIDIRONxGURUx
    IrishBearcat
    TheCrumbIsHere
    Steamer43

Tag whoever it is I forgot here...

Here are the categories:

Alright guys...You all know the drill I believe. Here are the polls for the Dirties, please remember....do NOT post your votes in here. Please PM them to me. Also, remember no voting for yourself and you must input an answer for every question.

1. Best Overall User

2. Biggest Surprise User

3. Most disappointing User

4. Best Offensive scheme (Has to be someone you played that you had the most trouble stopping their O)

5. Best Defensive Scheme (Same rules, someone who shut down your offense.)

6. Friendliest User - This will be a limited poll

7. Douchiest User - The crown jewel of this league. This category will be quite the race

8. Best topic on the board this season

9. The two users most likely to be involved in a meltdown on the board next season

10. Bright future award- Team expected to make the biggest jump next season

Once again, PM them to me. Do NOT post them here.​

2. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Sent my ballot.

3. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

After filling out my ballot it hit me that the group camaraderie & forum entertainment was pretty shitty for this past season.

I'd like to fix it. I know I'm going to start using my mic next season and really amp up recaps, content, recruiting, etc. Maybe we could do a skype/XBL off-season. Obviously having people cycle in and out of here like it's mommy nikpin's bedroom didn't help.

Thoughts?

4. nikpin

Considering the lack on continuity and it's really been only a few of us posting the forum hasn't been too dead.

I'm always down to go mic on during games. I know Qwon, DC, FMF, Steamer and I would do it during most games.

5. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Hard to bust balls about game writeups and activity when we don't even have a writeup on the championship game.

• Like Like x 2
  6. nikpin

WIP

7. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Well I think Steamer43 must have died... And TheCrumbIsHere hasn't been as frequent on here. Also Full Moon Fever was one of our more regular posters... Now the regulars are just you, me, Nik and DC really...

8. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

I think a reboot would be beneficial, but I don't think it's fair to the originals. I would be posting more, but since I've joined I've been in the process of a move and still,don't have my own Internet...that will pick up.

I don't know...a dirty dozen reload. The catch22 is that with turnover a lot of people have crappy teams, while they see the originals pulling in big recruits and having great success in program building. But that's not the fault of either group. You all have been consistent, and when people left their CPU controlled teams go to crap. I think this contributes to new users feeling out of the fray. Again, I don't think there is a solution. It's not fair to the originals to restart, but it would definitely get the new users excited about a team they feel is "theirs"

9. Gyrene76

With that said, I'm fine with my team. It's not necessarily how I feel, but simply an observation.

10. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Yeah, I realize it does suck for some of the newer people although not all the teams are in the crapper.... But I'm not willing to throw away 3 seasons worth of recruiting and a team that I've made my own.

11. Gyrene76

Oh I agree. I wouldn't want to either. I would never suggest a restart as the only option. I think when the core was diminished to essentially three eight now, it's hurt the continuity. The whole point of starting with scrub schools is the fun of building.

12. Gyrene76

13. nikpin

Yea doing a reboot in a small school dynasty just doesn't work. It's one thing to do it in a big school dynasty when the teams are already loaded but it just kills the team building aspect in a league like this.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gyrene76

I agree man.

15. TheeAmazingness

TheeAmazingness Walk On

No ballot for best new member? (weeps silently)

16. DirtycashDylan

I see where you're coming from but I'll never restart a building dynasty. If we restarted, a few of us would jump out ahead fairly quickly again and it'd be more of the same anyway. The whole reason I became a commish in the first place was to make sure I never got restarted on again. What's the point of me spending hours upon HOURS recruiting just to lose all that time and work?

And make no mistake, it is work. You gotta put it in if you want to see results on signing day. Recruiting is ridiculously easy this year and new users can even sign jucos. Qwon, Nik and myself and probably Irish could take any team in this league and make them a contender with only one class, 2 at the most. But we all enjoy recruiting, in the game and irl.

I can usually tell who is gonna stick around by looking at how much recruiting time they use. The guys who have 8, 9 or 10 minutes left every week can't keep up. Crazy, I know.

The one piece of advice I'll give is don't be afraid to go after the big fish, and don't be afraid to cut those big fish loose when the big boys come calling.

17. Gyrene76

I feel you man...I hate restarts. A perfect scenario would be a core group going 12+ years. I just hope more guys begin to become "core" and that depends on them.

18. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

i like to think i am in the core... at least after i get this next full season under my belt...

• Like Like x 1
  19. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Let's get a full season under you before you become core.... But calling Nik cheese was a good start so you're on the right track. To fully initiate tho, you'll need a meltdown with me or tell DC to go F himself at some point.

20. IrishBearcat

You dickhead!

21. TheCrumbIsHere

TheCrumbIsHere Walk On

I'm constantly lurking though. I'll admit though I've been pretty busy at the school. However, for the most part I think I've done my due diligence in keeping up with the league and also getting my games in with almost all of the users. That's something I can't say for everyone else.

I've never been one of those people that spend hours upon hours sitting at a message board. I'd rather be playing the game. :)

• Like Like x 1
  22. DirtycashDylan

Don't talk about it, be about it.

• Like Like x 1
  23. IrishBearcat

Word

24. Dean Evans

Dean Evans Run by Walmart and pick you up a personality!

There is way to much talking and not enough playing. But it is ok girls you are all pretty. You get out of it what you put in it

• Like Like x 2
  25. Gyrene76

What's sad, he is like this in real life. Marines messed up his psyche :)

• Like Like x 1