Disconnect Rule

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, Aug 15, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Disconnect Rule

Hey, since this happened to Dakota and I, I thought it'd be a good topic to discuss for future reference. Personally, I'm busy so I don't have time to play the same game multiple times. Additionally, I find it extremely boring and unfair to play the same game because odds are the winning team has already given away its gameplan.

My proposal is similar to that of Little League. If 3 or more innings are completed and inclimate weather is experienced, the game is considered complete.

I suggest we use this rule. What's up for debate is what would constitute 3 innings?

I think after the first full possession of the third quarter is as even as it can be. This way both teams should have received the ball the same amount of times and there really shouldn't be a big argument from either side as to who should win. If the game is tied, then I guess you gotta go a different route.

Thoughts???

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

I think one attempt at replaying should be made. If that disconnects as well, sim or have the users agree to something else, what that would be I do not know.

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

My preference has always been to have the 2 participants talk it out and agree on how to deal with a disconnect. But since that doesn't always happen, in T3 we use the following if the 2 users can't agree:

"In the event of a disconnect, the following rules will apply:
    -If one team is ahead by at least a TD and at least one quarter has been played, the game shall be restarted assuming that the score and time remaining is the same as if the disconnect had not happened. For example, Team A is ahead 7-0 at the end of Q1 when the disconnect occurs. The game should be restarted, and Team B is assumed to be behind by 7 points with 3 quarters to play. The winning team will finish the game vs the CPU by chewing clock as much as possible.
    -If the teams are within 3 points or fewer with less than 2 quarters played, the game will be restarted from the beginning.
    -If the teams are within 3 points or fewer with at least a half played, the game will be restarted in accordance with the first example."

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I am in favor of:

Work out a mature solution, if you can't come to an agreement, both people quit and I will decide what happens.

But, whatever the league wants is fine with me.

5. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I usually replay just 2 QTRs to see if the deficit can be made up. If not then the losing team quits and the winner finished up agaisnt CPU

6. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I like the replaying at least once and then figuring it out between the two users.