Disconnections, Quitting and other forms of games ending

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by kdpnutter, Dec 9, 2010.

1. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

With EA having server issues at the drop of a hat with disconnecting people from the servers I think we need to have a hard fast run regarding it. Natedawg and myself were having issues with it today.

I think especially in the first half if you have a message saying "Your opponent has been disconnected from the EA servers" The game gets picked up where it is if it is in the second quarter or you are up by 14 or more points.

If you get the same message in the second half, if you are up by 21 or more in the second half you are allowed to finish the game either against the CPU if the option remains or can count the results.

If you get a message saying your opponent quit the game you should be allowed to either A) finish the game or B) play the CPU in the entirety if you want or C) Count the game where it stands.

Thoughts or suggestions on it?

Also another question, how many are using a wireless connection and how many are hard-wired in? To help figure out if it maybe problems with your connection or your opponents or the EA servers.

I am hard-wired.

2. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Hard-wired its the only way to game.

as for rules, this is so hard to track and enforce. I'd rather it stay in the hands of the guys playing on a game by game basis. Sometimes its one of those east coats vs west coats games and the late guy is way up. he doesnt have time to replay why should he not be allowed to take the win of his west coast opponent is Ok with it. Conversely what if its way out of hand late but one guy is in playoff contention or had an injury earlier, it may be in his favor to push for a replay. Or at worst a Sim.

3. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

i got hosed on this a few weeks ago... was up i think 42-14... 1 minute to go in the game... game disconnected. restarted... fumbled the first 2 possessions, lost my rookie TE for 9 weeks, lost. Worst B.S. madden game of all time.
    I think we need a rule... if only for disconnects in the 2nd half or when the game is in hand. This happened too many times last season as well. And it only seems to happen when I am having a good game :)

FYI LAPTOP IS BACK!

4. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I would like to have a rule or standard in place for people to use. I don't like nate to feel like he got hosed or something and I don't want anyone else to feel like that either.

In my opinion, the only fair way to handle it is replay the game from that point and time. If it was 28-17 with 3minutes to go and vikings ball at the 30 then get the game as close as you can back to that point in the restarted game and once its back to that point start kicking eachothers asses again.

Thats the way I've always handled it and at the very least that will be the standard operating procedure for disconnects - unless I hear of a better idea.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

Picking the game up where it got cut off with the same score is the only way to go UNLESS the two players both agree to something else. I ahve been in games where I was up big and down big in the 4th, and in those cases often times we just agreed to let the winning team take the win.