Disconnects/Freezes

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by gowazzucougs, Aug 2, 2011.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

I wanted to address this, the general rule is that there never should be any restarts to any CPU games. However, with this year's edition of the game a common glitch is the game freezing for no known reason. I am going to okay restarting the game that freezes at least once, no questions asked, until the patch comes out to address this issue. If the game freezes up again, please PM, and show me video footage of the freeze.

In addition in this year's game there seems to be a lot of disconnects between users. If the disconnect occurs, I want you guys to try and work it out, i.e. either agree to play the whole game over, if it occurs at half time and someone is winning by 10 points you can play a 1/2 with the understanding that the user who had a 10 point lead has a 10 point lead, and whoever is winning at the end at halftime gets to play the CPU the remainder of the way. If the disconnect occurs with like 2:00 minutes left in the game, the other user can just play the game out, if the other guy says it is okay.

Hopefully when the new patch arrives this issue will go away and we don't have to worry about this. Until then I think this should be the standard operating procedure.

2. Adam B

Adam B Walk On

Has anyone else had a problem with this lately?? I think the last 3 user vs. user games I have played froze around halftime. Any thoughts?

3. gowazzucougs

Adam B

Were you using a custom playbook?

4. Adam B

Adam B Walk On

Yeah is that the problem?

5. gowazzucougs

There is a suspicion among some on this site, that custom playbooks will cause the game to freeze especially during user games. I for one do not believe this, because in my two other dynasties I use a custom playbook and only had one issue where the game froze during a user game, and I don't think it was my fault. The other user has had numerous user games freeze while using his custom playbook.

6. Adam B

Adam B Walk On

gowazzucougs Yeah I'm not sure what the problem is. I might delete my playbook and make another one to see if that fixes the problem.

7. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

I lol'd