1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Disconnects Issue

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Feb 10, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Disconnects Issue

Lots of DC's lately. This is becoming a real issue and really needs to be dealt with after seeing what Waji made Jeremy do. Jeremy had to play this game 4 or 5 times. Rams had a DC today and the guy made him restart instead of getting the game back where it was.

Here is the current rule:
    This leaves a lot of loop holes and since 'quitting' and making it look like a 'disconnect' seems to be popular, this needs to be changed. I don't want to screw teams who are losing by 1 to 3 points 2 mins into the 3rd quarter get set to CPU (which is the case with current rule) but I also dont want guys who are losing 30-0 late in the 3rd to demand a restart (what the falcons done to jeremy last night).

So suggestions?

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Make a rule of scoring for restarts.

1st quarter d/c: restart
    2nd quarter d/c: restart unless one player is up by 35 points or more
    3rd quarter d/c: restart unless one player is up by 28 points or more
    4th quarter d/c: no restarts unless game is within 14 points.

Just a guideline to start us off. I'm definitely open to editing this.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

To add to this (since I am apparently in rant mode today), Wajy has a HUGE habit of this, and I notice it's usually when he's getting beat. He disconnected with me on our last game of the season right before I kicked the winning FG.

I want to say he's done this to other owners. If he has, I see a habit. Once is EA, twice....maybe still EA.....but three and four times? That is a trend I find hard to believe is all EA.

4. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I agree Win. I think it's very possible that he is just upset he's losing and quitting or turning his PS3 off. I've had games where I want to quit the game, but I would just have that player continue vs the CPU. I wouldn't demand a restart. I which EA could make it so you can tell whether a team is quitting, shutting off or pulling network cable over when you actually get disconnected.

5. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

we should keep a record of some sort. It would be easy to see how many starts games have and when its more than 1 then message both owners and find out what happened, and keep track. if its the same guy more than 1 or 2 times then we give the old boot

6. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I am not convinced Wajy was the cause of the disconnect. It happened first when he was up one score early in 2nd qtr.

The next 2 times happened when i was up 25 in the 3rd and 14 at the end of the 2nd.

He never disconnected from psn. Just from experience, it just felt like a ea server problem. But with that being said, starting the 2nd half with one team up 25 points, a restart should be out of the question. the only reason I agreed was that I had 100% confidence I go win the game. But I do agree we need rules outlining when to restart or allow a cpu finish.

I like Winuvas' suggestions except I would lower the 3rd qtr score requirement. Instead of 28 I would say If down by more that 3 scores in the 3rd qtr, finish vs CPU.Which I believe would be 25pts or more.

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Jumping back to above, I like the idea of keeping track of how many times a game is restarted to see if it's a consistent issue with owners. I wish I had less guts and would've quit last night against Moogle, but I took my beating like I do every Sunday.

It IS just a game, after all. Yeah, I said it. ;)