Disconnects Issue

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Feb 10, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Disconnects Issue

Lots of DC's lately. This is becoming a real issue and really needs to be dealt with after seeing what Waji made Jeremy do. Jeremy had to play this game 4 or 5 times. Rams had a DC today and the guy made him restart instead of getting the game back where it was.

Here is the current rule:
    This leaves a lot of loop holes and since 'quitting' and making it look like a 'disconnect' seems to be popular, this needs to be changed. I don't want to screw teams who are losing by 1 to 3 points 2 mins into the 3rd quarter get set to CPU (which is the case with current rule) but I also dont want guys who are losing 30-0 late in the 3rd to demand a restart (what the falcons done to jeremy last night).

So suggestions?

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Make a rule of scoring for restarts.

1st quarter d/c: restart
    2nd quarter d/c: restart unless one player is up by 35 points or more
    3rd quarter d/c: restart unless one player is up by 28 points or more
    4th quarter d/c: no restarts unless game is within 14 points.

Just a guideline to start us off. I'm definitely open to editing this.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

To add to this (since I am apparently in rant mode today), Wajy has a HUGE habit of this, and I notice it's usually when he's getting beat. He disconnected with me on our last game of the season right before I kicked the winning FG.

I want to say he's done this to other owners. If he has, I see a habit. Once is EA, twice....maybe still EA.....but three and four times? That is a trend I find hard to believe is all EA.

4. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I agree Win. I think it's very possible that he is just upset he's losing and quitting or turning his PS3 off. I've had games where I want to quit the game, but I would just have that player continue vs the CPU. I wouldn't demand a restart. I which EA could make it so you can tell whether a team is quitting, shutting off or pulling network cable over when you actually get disconnected.

5. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

we should keep a record of some sort. It would be easy to see how many starts games have and when its more than 1 then message both owners and find out what happened, and keep track. if its the same guy more than 1 or 2 times then we give the old boot

6. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I am not convinced Wajy was the cause of the disconnect. It happened first when he was up one score early in 2nd qtr.

The next 2 times happened when i was up 25 in the 3rd and 14 at the end of the 2nd.

He never disconnected from psn. Just from experience, it just felt like a ea server problem. But with that being said, starting the 2nd half with one team up 25 points, a restart should be out of the question. the only reason I agreed was that I had 100% confidence I go win the game. But I do agree we need rules outlining when to restart or allow a cpu finish.

I like Winuvas' suggestions except I would lower the 3rd qtr score requirement. Instead of 28 I would say If down by more that 3 scores in the 3rd qtr, finish vs CPU.Which I believe would be 25pts or more.

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Jumping back to above, I like the idea of keeping track of how many times a game is restarted to see if it's a consistent issue with owners. I wish I had less guts and would've quit last night against Moogle, but I took my beating like I do every Sunday.

It IS just a game, after all. Yeah, I said it. ;)