disconnects Issue

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Mar 24, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

disconnects Issue

ok this is our current rule:
    thats way way way too open for anything to happen. so if i am down by 3 pts with 5 mins to go in the 3rd, by this rule, I get set to cpu.

We need to adjust this.

My suggestion is if its before 2 mins in the 2nd half, its a replay. If both owners want to get the score back to where it was they may, but this is not required. If after 2 mins in the 2nd quarter then a new game is restarted, but the score from the 1st game stands. At half time of the 2nd restart the winning team (with most combined points) then will finish the game vs the cpu.

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

Should we put some wording in there to differentiate disconnects via PSN from people quitting. If its a DC on PSNs or EAs side then I think there should be a lot more leeway than if somebody quits. You'll know if somebody quit if it gives you the option to continue against the CPU....if it doesn't then its a server issue.

3. natedawg212000

not really dunlap, because i've had games where it dc'ed and gave me and my opponent the option to play the cpu.

4. natedawg212000

dunlap you and i need to talk since your back around on AIM

5. Big D

Big D Walk On

ok im onnow

6. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Its going to be very hard to differentiate between ea drops and drops on users side.

I do like Nates idea. I have done the "play 1st half like 2nd half" and it has worked great each time.

What about 3rd and 4th qtr disconnects?

I say we treat 3rd qtr like above. If inside 2 mins in 3rd qtr restart game and play 1st qtr like its 4th carrying over the games score.

Now the 4th is where it gets tricky. 4th qtr outside of two minutes restart game and play 1st qtr like 4th. Inside of two minutes, I really dont know how to handle this one.

7. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

maybe we should try a compile a list of DC's that happen and if certain players have high numbers of DC's then maybe we need to think about getting rid of these players, because they either have a bad internet connection or they are quitters or just like to pull their network cable when things are going bad.

8. natedawg212000

i agree with claven.

9. Big D

Big D Walk On

Ok, but how do we differentiate the 5 times I tried to start my game with Ox today but his connection was crap (ask him even he said it was on his side). We never once even made it to the kickoff....so those 5 count against me? Might as well fire me now then...

10. natedawg212000

no, of course they dont

11. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

I say set to CPU if up a certain number of points entering the final 2 minutes of the 4th. Or something like a set number of points per quarter. Say end of the 3rd quarter a team is up 21 or something and a D/C... then the winner should play CPU. If its server issue then a complete restart I guess. There is no proof of what the score was.