Disconnects Where the Game Doesn't Count

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by JFace907, Oct 29, 2011.

1. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I seem to be the victim of this frequently in my user games. It has hit early in some and late in others. If you haven't seen it, the game basically D/C's and you get the message that says "Network Error blah blah blah. Game will not be counted." Every time i have gotten this message it has lived up to its word and the game could be replayed. I am recommending a workaround to this.

If this message is received after half, start another game and just play up to that point with the determined loser QUITTING the game so the opponent gets the sim win (since it seems to be that is what happens when there is a D/C or quit with a leader in the game).

If there is a clear winner already determined during quit, restart, let the winner make a couple buckets and then the loser quits. Again, working in the ways of the quitter receiving a sim loss.

This is just a recommendation if you think my opinions are wrong (especially on team that is leading getting auto sim win), let me know. Dru50 and Bondzai007 i'd love you thoughts on this as well and would personally like to see something like this put into action.

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Is this been a problem for anyone else aside from you? I only ask because the only user game I've had a disconnect in was the one you and I tried to play a while ago.

3. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I honestly have no idea.

4. Dru50

I'd have to talk to Bond obviously, but if you want to put something specific in detail he and I will chat about it.

5. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

If any other members are experiencing this, i would love to hear. Obviously don't want there to be a JFace rule of some sort if its me that just gets this restart game d/c.

6. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I haven't. But the solution makes sense to me for what it's worth.

7. Dru50

My only concern with this is how many points of a halftime lead would be enough to say one team definitely should get the sim win? 20? 15? 10? As we all know in basketball a 15-20 point lead is by no means insurmountable.

8. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Well in the game Danthraxxx and i were playing it was clear as day he was going to win. In the late 3rd he was up 20 and i was shooting around 30%. It wasn't pretty. Thats why i say (if possible). Start a game playing to the point where the game would have ended. Say you are up 5 at the end of 3 and it D/C's. Just play the first quarter of the next game, total the scores and quit accordingly.

9. Dru50

If both parties agree to do it it's fine with me. For now I'd rather not have a rule unless it becomes a more widespread issue.

10. Dru50

JFace907 do you play using a wireless connection?

11. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

That i do.

12. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Well i'd hate for guys to waste time playing (what seems to be playing me). Just thought it would save everyone some hassle

13. Dru50

From what I've read that may be part of your problem. As I understand it, any hiccup in a wireless connection can cause the game to drop. The issue may be due to that. I'm not an IT guy, so maybe Bondzai007 can help (since he is an IT guy).

14. Dru50

Sorry, I was trying to say that if it happens and both guys agree to what you are proposing it's cool with me.

15. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

oh ok. cool. thanks

16. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

This worked out well this time , do we have any TSO guys who are in good with 2K ? Reason I ask is it would be awesome of we could confirm that the team that quits gets a simmed loss , so we know if this is a good potential resolution or not long term

17. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Yeah you need to plug in. Your Alaska connection is shitty enough as it is, there is no use in making it worse over wireless.

18. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I know this sounds stupid, but last year a friend of mine heard a rumor on the interwebbers that if you change your xbox internal clock to singapore you wont have as many disconnects ..... we tried it and it worked fine, this was mostly for team up & my player, but we had less disconnects in head to head as well ...... just a thought ..... unless you guys hate singapore or somethin

19. Bondzai

I don't know, sounds like a myth to me.

20. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Would plugging in through the router suffice? I could go straight to the modem but that could limit the time's i'm available.

21. Bondzai

Yes, that's what I do.

22. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Yeah this is correct. When a couple friends and I couldn't get some crew games in 2k11 we would do this and find a game instantly. All of the hardcore gamers know this though, so we played a ton of modded players, and 9 ft, 99 shooting players. I forgot to change it back one day for Call of Duty, and they all just destroyed me, and yelled at me to get out of the game, lol. So just remember to switch it back.