Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Archie Griffin, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Feb 19, 2009

I just wanted to get an idea how often user games end due to some kind of disconnect issue. I've had it happen several times, and I was wondering if it is something that just happens, or if there are things we can do to ensure they happen less often.

Also, what kind of policies do you guys put in place regarding this kind of thing. Under what circumstances do we replay, sim, or whatever else?

Thanks guys,

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Feb 10, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    The most common disconnection issues are due to either of two reasons.

1. One or more users do NOT have a static ip address.

This one most often causes the 'wrong playbook' and dropped connections. You can fix it by manually typing in your settings under your network settings in dashboard. I've also seen bad connections cause these same problems. Sometimes having both players sign out, power cycle everything, delete the old OD files (forcing both people to redownload them) can rectify this issue.

2. People have two "different" versions of the OD.

Not sure -how- it happens, but it is fixed by having both players delete the saved OD files locally and redownloading them.

As far as issues are concerned, I usually leave it up to my guys. If they want to try again later then thats great. If the week is getting long, I'll usually push for both of them to sim it. Some guys realize that their connection isn't great and offer to have the other player play the CPU. So it's usually really smooth in TTII.