Disconns

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Corey Haggard, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Starting games over is making this game take up way too much time in my life. I had an IT guy, who knows pretty much everything there is to know about computers and internet over here Tuesday, tell me the problem is not on my end. He says it's either Xbox live, EA Sports, or the other player I'm playing against.

In some ways I think he must be right. I can play Rock Band or Left 4 Dead, or whatever else on Live for hours at a time and never get disconned. I can play online PC games, never a problem. I can get through entire games of NCAA against some people 80% of the time, so how could the problem be on my end?

Regardless, I want to try to fix this because I want to be a part of this Dynasty and TSO for a long time. whygodwhy1111 mentioned something about port forwarding or DMZ or something. Then Jayrah said he knows of a step by step guide on youtube. Could you guys tell me what it is Im trying to accomplish, and post a link to this guide? Please keep in mind that I am borderline retarded when it comes to technology.

2. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Corey the issue isn't you, or how your xbox is set up. I have read up on the port forwarding/DMZ issue, because I believe that was causing my own Xbox Live connection issues. But after reading up on the topic, I confirmed my router was set up perfectly.

I believe the disconnects, and the transfer failures are caused by the EA Servers, and hopefully when this new patch comes it will address these problems. If it was your xbox or modem/router set up you wouldn't be able to connect to the other individual to play the game. I have come across this issue with two other people on this site where you go to the start up screen and the game wouldn't give you the ability to connect and play the game (that is where the port forwarding/DMZ issue occurs). These disconnects are occurring during the game, and unless someone is disconnecting on "accident" I would believe it is on EA's end.

3. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

This is both good and bad news. Because I didn't want to have to fuck with technology in any way. I'm also glad to know it's not my fault when it happens. It's still a bummer having to restart a game, but at least i can do so with a clean conscience.

Also, if it happens and I am losing by a considerable margin, with no hope of a comeback I would offer my opponent the option to play vs the CPU, if they want to. I don't expect the same, but there it is.

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

This is what I'd expect everyone to do.

• Like Like x 1
  5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Corey Volting
    Its an EA server thing...never had this much trouble with games in any other version. I've only had one DC with a user (Cougs) but have had the game freeze up either at the end or in the middle of CPU games...very frustrating but hopefully EA will get it figured out here in the next week or 2.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I took this quote directly from Recchem in an old NCAA 09 thread.

7. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Can always count on Cole for the cold, hard, depressing truth. ;)

8. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Just so you guys know, I am in this for the long haul, disconns and transfer fails be damned. This is a cool group of guys, and the kind of Dynasty I've wanted to be part of since online dynasties were implemented. It just gets a little frustrating.

I had a few issues in the other Dynasty I was in (the rosters were edited -stats not just names - as wells as a few other minor gripes I don't want to make public) and decided to leave and just concentrate on one Dynasty. So with just one Dynasty the game restarts in user games shouldn't irritate me quite as much.

9. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

could be something that improves with a patch. I don;t think ea is running dedicated servers for our games. so like Modern warfare one person is functioning as a server and the other player if connecting directly to them. I would be suprised if the disconnects were EA server related. More likely its just buggy and sensitive to connection fluctuation.

10. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

I've completely opened my nat and other ports so I have totally uninterrupted access to my perfect Yime Warner internet connection. A discon w/ Dru, 2 discons w/ Cheez and several cpu freezes (the most common of which is ball in the air, last minute, one possession game) and I'm convinced its a bug, or several. I'm as pissed as the next guy when I waste an hour + and have to replay it. In game saves and all would be good every year for this crap!

• Like Like x 2