1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Featured Announcement Discord Integration

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Drifterbub, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    TSOers!

I've mentioned it before in the podcast and talked to several of you individually about it, but I've been working pretty hard in the shadows on refocusing a new strategy for TSO moving forward. I'm excited to start finally releasing some of what I've been working on and everything below is sort of phase 1 (really phase 2, but whatever).

TSO is now fully integrated with Discord. This is the chat program we will be moving forward with and will be the center of how we integrate TSO with outside platforms. It also in itself provides a lot of functionality that we haven't had before in 3rd party "chat" programs. I'm excited about what this will mean for the community:

1) Discord gives us a truly integrated community chat platform

What does this mean?
    • Our streams, podcasts and live casts will have integration between twitch and discord
    • People can now register on TSO via discord
    • Our usergroups on the site now match the discord server (e.g. if you are a moderator on the site, it auto-promotes you to moderator in the discord server).
    • There is a forced username/alias matching between TSO and discord. Have a hard time keeping track of who someone is in your league chat and on TSO? Yeah, me too, this fixes that.
    What will happen with the chatbox on TSO? Eventually we will phase it out or re-purpose it. It's resource heavy and ultimately I want to focus conversation in other places.

2) Discord has a full mobile app that allows leagues to stay connected so much more easily
    • This solves one of the biggest legacy issues with leagues on TSO in that GroupMe, slack, etc have always made leagues easier to manage due to the mobile apps, but ultimately detracted from the overall community and the site.
    • I've integrated webhook and bot functionality into the site that essentially builds a bridge between the forums and the discord server. I'm excited to improve this to see what we can create as a community. As an example, this thread and other announcements like it will appear in the discord chat like below.
    upload_2017-7-6_17-49-48.png

3) Setting this all up is really easy:

1) Sign into TSO
    2) Go to your External Accounts Control Panel and associate your discord account
    3) Confirm the authorization pop-up
    4) Head on over to our discord server (You can also access with the new updated chat tab at the top that shows how many members are active)

upload_2017-7-6_17-44-48.png

Over the next few weeks I hope to migrate everyone out there on different platforms, including the official Slack channel that we are currently utilizing.

Let me know what you guys think and obviously reach out to me if you have any questions.

~ Drift

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  2. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

Bravo! Move of the year

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    NICE!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. akutozo

akutozo Baby, I'm a Brown.

Glad to see this shift.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. QuietStorm

QuietStorm TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Invite to the TSO server invite has expired Drifterbub

6. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Same issue for me

7. akutozo

akutozo Baby, I'm a Brown.

8. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Where did you click and got the expired link?

9. QuietStorm

QuietStorm TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Clicked on your original thread under #4, the hyperlink "discord server".

10. Drifterbub

Featured Threads: