Discuss an issue

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by Gyrene76, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

screw it, nevermind. Sorry, you can delete thread

2. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

I don't recall Nik doing this in our game. The way i see it- if you blitz the safety it leaves one-on-one coverage deep and just rely on hot routes more often.

What I don't like is when ppl run the crossing slant routes setting picks on man coverage. The man coverage is not that great to begin with.

3. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Tell everybody what happened! Nik's cheezin ass needs to get called out whenever possible.

4. Gyrene76

Alright, let me just post the message I sent Dylan:

"quick thing,

this is between me and you but I just want you to know.

Don't even say anything to nikpic, or whatever.

I've never complained on TF and quite frankly most who do are crybabies who can't take a loss.
    I knew his team was much superior to mine and was ranked 8. Nonetheless my only complaint is:

1. User control the FS and blitz him off the line (usually left side) while simultaneously jamming my receivers. I threw 3 picks that beat me. My receivers are poor, so they couldn't break jam. I understand that's part of being a sucky team, but by user blitzing FS I couldn't get passes off really because O-line wouldn't pick it up. The o-line didn't realize FS was blitzing and generally would not get picked up and if he did the DE would come through untouched (he didn't do it everytime, but it sitll led to 3 interceptions)

It sucked, but don't worry about telling him. I just want you to know for future reference. I have never complained and don't plan on making a habit of it.

Sorry, not trying to come off as a douchey crybaby."

(DirtycashDylan message intermittent)

"Not wanting ppl to think I'm crying...i don't know. I didn't expect to necessarily win, but thought I had a better chance. Like I said, there are designed safety blitzes and then there is ones where you walk the FS up to the line and blitz the off the side and the offensive line doesn't know how to pick up.

Later Dylan"

This was my messages, but Dylan told me to put it in discussion, didn't want to, but since its posted and people are going to be wondering there is the message. Not trying to be that guy

5. Gyrene76

* Dylan didn't tell me necessarily to post the message I sent, but to start a discussion

6. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

7. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Nik is a damn cheater!

• Like Like x 1
  8. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Maybe we should suspend his FS for his week 10 game? That sounds like a fair way to resolve this...

9. Gyrene76

Forget it...

I don't want to get in an argument and ruin our chances of having a friendly interaction. I'm in no way blaming all my mistakes on him. I made mistakes.

I do remember #24 or something, coming of my left defensive tackle's side when it was man on 2 interceptions. I know there is a man FS blitz out of dime but it goes through 2 gap it think, but I know its not outside. I tried to save the highlights, but where he left it froze the game up.

It's actually a problem with saving highlights in user games. Happened to Nautica and myself in another league.

I deal w/it. I play online and a lot and people jam my receivers and blitz constantly so I've figured out how to stop, i just don't have the athletes to deal w/it in Hard4Yards.
    I generally use Georgia online and can beat it with AJ Green when its Cover 0.

10. Gyrene76

I agree with that, my receivers suck so bad (and my O line) I had virtually no time to hot route. Drags and digs were being bumped. I did have a 48 yard touchdown to my HB because I hit him out of the back field because of the man coverage with no help deep, but it only worked so often

11. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I see no reason for this to make us unfriendly. #24 was my nickel CB who I also brought on blitzes. I did flip plays where the SS blitzes which flips it to the FS. Prowl Spy 3 the Safety blitzes off the end. SS Zone Blitz which I flipped bring a corner from one size off the edge and the FS off the edge from the other size. There was plays where I would be manned up on the RB and u kept him in to block. I brought 7 and you protected with 6. It's a #'s game at that point. If someone passes every down it makes it rather easy to stop. You ran the ball 4 times therefore allowing me to throw the kitchen sink at you and not worrying about breaking a long run. I mix up coverages consistently and wasn't just bringing defensive backs. I brought corner's and safeties, safeties and lb's, and lb's and corners. I played coverage as well and got a pick out of this.

I was trying to throw as many looks at you as possible so you couldn't just sit back and pick my team apart. I'm not going to just sit there and play man 2 man under bump and run like some people do pretty effectively. I challenged you to make quick reads and get the ball out and that forces turnovers.

12. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I think death may be the only suitable punishment for Nik...

13. Gyrene76

I will say in every league I play and all my online games I run the ball 65% to 70% of the time. I had to pass so much because I went down early after pick 6 on first drive. Then I punted and another interception on a blitz. Being down 17-0 it was hard to run. I tried to run, but never got yardage. Your d-line would break my oline everytime and hit me in backfield. That's just a result of sucky O-line.

And I know you weren't doing it constantly I didn't tell him you did buddy. Just those few times. I did look at my highlights and every int was from a blitz from that edge with jammed recievers. One I threw it quickly because I saw no one would block him (stupid O line AI can't freaking slide or audible) and hit the MLB.

On another I got hit when I threw it, and another was jammed receivers and I tried to hit my slot on a quick out because of lack of time and int'ed to the house.

Like I said no worries. I wasn't even going to make it public. I don't think you were playing with chz,just that one play would do enough to put me way behind. I still threw for a lot of yards otherwise. I was driving down field. After 1st quarter the final 3 quarters would be scored 31-28. Just those user blitzes of edge with jammed receivers got me everytimegot me everytime.

14. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Looks like the new guy just called out Nikpin for being a little bitch...How's it feel to be on Front street Nik? Just wait til week 10 when I own your cheezin ass...

15. Gyrene76

Never called him that...

Surprised your name isn't JQwon13 "The Instigator"

16. DirtycashDylan

second.

17. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

I guess my point of view on the subject is that defense is so hard there isn't much someone can do on defense for me to have an issue. We are in a league were scores are in the 50's very often.
    If we are allowed to call a hot route for our recievers, then I think blitzing a free safety after the play is called is ok too. Just like anything you don't want to do it over and over, but I don't think it would be considered cheese.

18. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

I never use hot routes, unless the situation calls for a smart route (i.e. 3rd and 10 and the curl route is a little short), and I understand that people do use them but I think they're for fags. And you know what else is for fags? Controlling the FS (who 99% of the time is either in deep cover or man on the HB) and holding him at the line and waiting to see if the back carries it or blocks so the FS can blitz. I honestly think that's a big douche move right there. I don't care if you control a safety, but we all know they cover the backs so it's super easy to just blitz off the back's side every fucking play, which is lame.

19. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

But what really gets me is when people try and create coverage reasons for why they're doing it. Just admit: you do it cause it makes defense easier, not because of your defensive scheme that involves nickel corners covering strong side slots while you zone blitz and blah blah blah football jargon to make your point seem valid.

And none of this is toward Nik in particular, just a general frustration with everyone that does this FS bullshit (which is over half the site it seems)

20. DirtycashDylan

fwiw, Nik has been running the same D for 3 years. He was running cover 2 man last year when everyone was running zone.

21. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

I do play with the safeties, sometimes the SS and sometimes the FS. I do it for a few reasons, sometimes its because I like to help support the run, other times it becasue I don't want to let anyone behind me. And even more time its because I want to jump a route that is crossing over the middle. But the main reason I like playing with the safties is because they are the most versitile players on the defense and I want to user a player that is involved in both the run and pass game.

And as far as blitzing with the safeites, which I don't like to do often because I don't want to get burned, I say bring it on. From the offensive point of view, I am going to try and take advantage of it any time a safety blitzes by getting rid of the ball quick on slant and fade routes.

Also- I use the safeties in all sorts of plays. Sometimes I am using him in a cover 2 or 3 or 4 or m2m or blitzing. I think great defenses have great safeties who make plays all over the field. Thats my justification for playing with either one of my safeties 90% of the time.

22. Gyrene76

i wasnt attacking nik personally i really just wanted to talk to dylan privately to see how to handle it...i know i said that many times but I hate crybabies.

This might sound like bragging, but in no way is it because honestly I'm not trying to impress anyone on this site (all i care about on this site is being considered honest and not an immature brat). I am 62-17 online and play with Georgia a B+ team. Not Ohio State or Alabama.

I constantly face people who bump-n-run, blitzing off the edge with no overtop help. That defensively in real life is suicide unless you are play Pop Warner. But I know how to beat that because everyone and their mother tries. And usually after I score 2 to 3 times people quit. I would say out of all my victories I've only seen about 15 go the distance which is pathetic. I can beat man coverage and cheezers online who do it (ONCE AGAIN NOT CALLING NIK A FREAKING CHEEZER!)

Now I am new to this league, but not to ncaa, especially online. All I'm saying is I try to be as sim as possible.

When I was playing Dylan the week before, he even gave me a heads up to not run trips short side of the field so much. He said it constructively and I realized I was doing it. So I started spreading, going Shotgun Ace, etc.

Against Nik I even called a timeout when down by 17 points because I accidentally hurried up after a 1st down pass at 2:22 seconds. That is technically 22 seconds before I'm allowed. I also punted on a 4th & 2 at my own 30 yard line! My Kicker sucks so bad I couldn't hit the FG. It made no sense to punt there but I tried to coffin corner it to prevent issues.

This is just a gray issue I suppose that is very difficult to deal with. Corner blitzes aren't extremely effective in real life unless rarely used and on definite pass downs. This is because the field is 52 yards wide and a slant route will eat a CB's blitz's lunch all day. I just couldn't beat the bump with sucky receivers and an AI on my offensive line that can't pick up the blitz.

Did i mention that I was only going to talk to Dylan about this? lol...

And I tried to chat with Nik pregame to enter party. We entered party together but I couldn't hear him..it may have helped

23. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

You bring up another topic that I would like to discuss. I usally kick it when its close but I would like some clarification on what you guys this is ok to go for it. In the situation above I say go for it. I am a huge fan of UOFM and they never kick if they are between the 30 and the 40 because they know they won't make it and it does not make sense to punt. In the rules for tradition football it says you are allowed to go for it on 4 and 1 but leaves a gray area for anything else. I say if you got the ball on the 33 yard line, and you have a 4th and 3 but your kicker sucks, why wouldn't you go for it? Let me know what you guys think.

Like I said I have been kicking it on most situtations because I dont want to get called out and this year I have a solid kicker. But I would like know how the H4yards league is handling this. Thanks.

24. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

I always feel like if they do it in a real game, you can do if here. But I don't want someone to get pissed because they think I am in the wrong if I go for it on 4 and 3 from the 37 yard line.

25. Gyrene76

I feel ya, my kicker is my quarterback, lol

Anyways, I was losing big 1st quarter and needed points, but I punted...it was so hard to punt, and I don't think real life it would have happened, but there must be a line drawn that's concrete for everyone to view