Discussion for ALL of us

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Oct 27, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

All pro or All Madden.

I am doing my this week in the oMFL and realized where I left off was the week we done all pro. There was one HORRIBLE line, but the rest were not super duper crazy. Considering there was only one week of it and no one had time to adjust to the newer settings, I think its worth discussing on trying all pro or staying all madden.

lets discuss.

2. natedawg212000

My personal feelings is I'd sure love to try all pro. IMO its a much more fun game to play. I agree, I too don't want 68-69 games each week. The testing kinda went down the tube. Is anyone playing in an all pro league?

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I am in favor of all pro. I honestly think some of those lopsided scores you saw in that one week of all pro was from players who both are not good defensive players anyway.

I have a question: are we planning on doing a toilet bowl type tournament for non-playoff teams? If so, perhaps we could do all-pro in those and see how it works out.

I am also game to do some scrims on all pro to test it out. Anywhere, anytime. I still think I have one of the best defenses in the OMFL, so if I can hold a team under a set amount of points on all pro, I don't see why anyone else couldn't.

I know all-pro is flawed as much as all madden. But I do think that cornerbacks are too good on all madden, and people are exploiting that by playing exclusively man coverage. Which forces offenses to hit quick drags and flat routes, which is considered cheese.

I'm a defense first guy. Everyone knows that. I love good defense. What I don't love is cheesy defense. And right now, on all madden level, man coverage with corners is cheesy. Even mid-level cornerbacks (75-85 range) are blankets on all but the elite receivers (and there are a lot more mid level corners than elite receivers, face it), and even elite receivers are held up more than most. With the man coverage being super duper at AM, this frees up the user to run a safety or linebacker in blitzing because of man coverage being lockdown. This, in my opinion, is cheese.

I have run more man now than I did in Madden 10 by a long ways. I will admit it. However, I also mix in zone (even though it doesn't work near as well as Madden 10) and the big plays I allow are through my zone coverage schemes. I also admit that. When I play man, I usually do pretty well. When I go zone, I typically get burned. So why do I keep doing it?

Because I am trying to be sim. Are you?

4. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

This is a great great idea. I haven't played much on all-pro and had the bye week that week, but everyone says it's way to easy. I guess if you're not so good at defense, then you probably wouldn't like all-pro

5. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Im on the fence here, as they both have issues, but I am fine with at least trying AP for a couple weeks to see how we feel about it as a whole.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Bump. This needs attention folks. NOW.

7. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

I am in favor of all pro, the things I have seen with below average LB's and CB's on AA are just too much.

8. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

Some people really really hate AP. I remember once that big patch came out in late September, I played an AP game in the lobby. Of course it's me here, I don't ever blow the doors off anyone, but I had a nice close competitive non-ridiculous scoring game. I immediately brought it up in the blast group and proceeded to get blasted for it. "It's too easy" "It's arcade style" so I never really played it again. I just hope this wouldn't alienate league members who are so against it. That being said, yes, AM is ridiculously hard, again this is me talking and I don't blow people out. But something has to be wrong when you get completely and absolutely dominated by the cpu on AM when trying to practice. I certainly would not be against a change here.

9. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Maybe its just me but AM has been growing on me. I play some lobby games on AP and I find them to almost play the same.

10. natedawg212000

I like Win's idea of a try out of sorts.