Archived Discussion: NCAA '12

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Mar 16, 2011.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

With NCAA '11 winding down (still plenty of life though!) and conversations starting to focus on '12 I just figured we start a thread and put it all in one spot.

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Who did y'all vote for? I personally didn't vote because I don't keep my games in the case anyway and the guys who are supposed to be on the cover weren't the faces of college football last season, in my opinion.

I would of voted for Cam Newton. Maybe they should of went classic and put up a famous picture from College Football history.

3. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

I voted for Ingram. His Heisman speech was one of the best, IMO. If you weren't moved a little by it, you have no soul.

Is it too early to talk about teams and format for '12?

4. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

That's why I made the thread. I seen y'all talking about it in the summary thread.

I'd have to youtube Ingram's speech because I missed it. I tuned out for the last couple of years late for reasons everyone knows:)

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Format Discussion:

I'm comfortable with what we're doing. I mean I've been with middle of the pack teams for two iterations now and I'm having a blast. Even BCS Bowls are special to me right now. I know some guys are thinking of using lower tier teams while others want to stay at their favorite powerhouse. I like the use of all the BCS Conferences personally. But I wouldn't mind a coaching OD as well. And not just any type of coaching OD but one that is predetermined. Everyone picks their dream job (meaning another coach can't get your school if they reach their goals first or you give it to them) and they try to build a smaller in state school up to prominence to get recognized by your dream school. Or something like that. That idea just popped into the ol' cranium. No matter what we decide when the time comes, majority rules.

6. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I have to roll with the Pac12 just because. I would start with a San Diego State and then move up....

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

A new play is out. I'll grab it when I get home.

8. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

My idea would be with these super conferences coming out this year, I think it would keep things interesting if we narrow the user conferences down like say use on PAC-10, BIG-10, SEC

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

cover 6.png play.png [​IMG]

The Y Stick is the newest play released.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

Y stick is a sick play. Has man / zone / Blitz beaters. If man, go slant or out route if ur QB has a big arm. or MLB is playing zone/spy, if zone go stop route/deep, if blitzing go flat or deep.

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Yeah its a deadly play in college. I wish the 'A' WR would run a little deeper, maybe 7-8 yards to keep the SS/FS honest but I like the addition.

12. Joe_THEDREAM

TF used to have a coaching career tree in a dynasty. It was pretty cool. I wasn't in it but it's the basis of what you guys said. You earned points off wins, bowl qualifications, beating rivals, winning conference, ect... When you reached a certain point, you could jump to a program 1* greater than the one you were at. The teams people started with were 2* teams i believe. Also, the commish determined what teams were "firing" their coaches that season based off their current trend. So, not everyone was available to take whatever team they wanted. Example, When at CMU I talked with Brian Kelly and he told me his dream job was ND, he never thought he'd have the chance to coach their because weiss was signed for 10 years so he was going to stay @ CMU. (Which was bullshit, he left for UC the next year). ND struggled, kelly jumped at the job and got it. Had ND not struggled, kelly might be at uofm right now, who knows. So, basically you'd have a list of jobs to choose from 1* greater than your current teams based on if the commish has put them as available due to lack of performance under their current coach.

I'd be ok with this set up. If not, I think we need to condense a little bit possibly. I wish there could be 20 in the dyn and put 4 per conference. If we stick with two per conference, what about taking 4* MAX?? Just a thought? Or just let people take who and what they want based off what they want to do. The "Dream School" idea is tough just because I'm a die hard uofm fan as well so that won't work great! haha. But I can play anyone, so it doesn't matter to me. I was actually thinking of taking baylor, i love RG3. Kids an animal and i think he's a senior in '12????

I know VT doesn't really get me excited. I'd be down with taking Miami also possibly. If coach doesn't want FSU next year i'd be open to that as well.

Rambling, but, bottom line is i'm flexiable. I can be a shit team or a good one depending on what people want to do. I can play any type of offense as well so that doesn't matter either. I think the taking of 4* teams in powerhouse conferences with tough ass sliders like right now (But lower the penalty slider, i'm going crazy here) would be a hell of a challenge. The problem is then tubb can't get USC or Jerzey UofM and i'm not sure if anyone else personally loves the team they are playing. Just some thoughts. Carry on

13. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I think most of the guys who've been here since '10 have their favorite team or at least a team they wanted. I don't mind shoving all of us in 3 conferences but with all of us in different conferences it allows more opportunities to win conference 'ships and compete on a national level. Next year with the Big 10 and the Pac 10 having CCG formats it'll be easier for those users to sneak in with 1-2 losses, leveling the field a bit. Personally, I don't care if a user is in the Big East or not next season but the addition of TCU may make that appealing.

14. Joe_THEDREAM

I didn't think about TCU... Thats a team i'd be interested in for sure.

Will NEB be in the big ten next season?

15. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

I'm flexible as well.

16. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

17. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

one thing i like about condensing the divisions a little is we would have some more user games, i think we should have 4 user games a season. With these settings it might be really hard to beat the cpu with 2 star teams, i dont mind losing, just saying

SideNote: I just lost to Kansas,@#$% Me

18. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I saw that my eyes went :eek:. Kansas went crazy in the second half or rather the fourth quarter

19. Joe_THEDREAM

Well your out of the NC game, but that looked like it might happen anyways. Still Big 12 hunt and BCS game.

20. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I was just about to crown Texas the darkhorse for the BCS crown... damn

21. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Personally I like the idea of more conference user games. But what would the conferences be? Pac 12, Big Ten, and SEC? That way all three conferences have a championship game? Could be interesting. I might even go Pac 12!

22. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

EA Sports NCAA Football.png Lastest Play:

‎4-2-5 Over Thunder Zero Cop –A new addition to the 4-2-5 defensive playbook, Thunder Zero Cop is an aggressive pressure scheme that calls for both inside linebackers and the strong side safety to blitz. The unique aspect of the scheme is the term “Cop”, which tells the defensive end to play man coverage, usually on a tight end.

23. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

I would throw screen every time...isnt the 4-2-5 broken..the dont line up right

24. Joe_THEDREAM

You have to assume that you know it's coming.

25. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

It looks like one of those blitzes where the dline stands up