Discussion: Sim

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Shaun Mason, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Can we all agree that "sim" is subjective? Can we be adults and assume that everyone is playing for fun and not to screw each other over?

Discuss.:)

• Like Like x 6
  2. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Agree with you, I do.

3. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I dunno man I plan on being as un sim as possible if I have the shitty as 4-12 every year Browns :D

But all kidding aside I think we can all be reasonable here and if there is something that really grinds your gears just mention it and move on, no need to get into any big arguments. No need to to ruin the other guys fun you know.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Exactly this- it's simple if you don't like something someone is doing there isn't any reason it should keep going on. What one guy doesn't mind me doing another might not like.

It comes down to Shaun's golden rule- don't be a douche. If they wouldn't do it irl don't do it.

5. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

While nice in theory, in reality I think you know the answer to this question Shaun...

• Like Like x 2
  6. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I know I can assume this, but not everyone is wired like me.

7. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

It's always "fun" until an almighty win is on the line. Get 32 guys who could care less about the win and are more concerned about a fun, strategic chess match game of "x"s and "o"s and I think you'll be farting in silk. Like Chris said, good in theory, but the reality of it all is that egos are gonna come into play.

8. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

I play for fun however I would like some competitiveness in the league.

9. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I think this mindset is paramount, though I understand what you're saying moon. Assuming the best in people (opponent A did something suspect, but he wants to be sim and has a general understanding of what that means) guides the ensuing discussion - both in terms of the tone a complaint is delivered in, as well as the forum on which it's done (ie no chatbox blasting).

It's time we start emphasizing this mindset over a very particular set of rules and restrictions that even the most sim can be nit-picked over.

• Like Like x 1
  10. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Who has a draft guide?

• Like Like x 4
  11. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

To me, SIM is not being a dick, a cheesy ass, and not being driven by WINNING. Have fun, don't torture your opponents. We only have each other to keep this thing going. It's not worth a few extra Ws.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Too bad what you are saying isn’t so simple, if it was, we wouldn’t see all the complainingn in the chatbox on a daily basis about games. Sim is subjective as shaun said, but also things that label somebody a douche or being a dick is too, IMO.

13. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I have one for 29.99$

• Like Like x 1
  14. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Just saying, thats how I govern myself.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

16. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Everyone has a headset. Use it during the game if there's something you don't like. Don't wait till after the game to find ways to nitpick your opponent.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Amen brother Monkey.

18. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Can we agree kick returns are fucking broken? If it's 5+ yards in the endzone just take a damn knee...

EDIT: Mind you I say this without having played next gen Madden. If they are fine in that, take this opportunity to say "Shut the fuck up Kasper"

19. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

broken meaning too easy?

Imo, with no wind if a strong kicker hits full bar it should go out of the endzone.

20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Yeah too easy.

I can put it 7 yaards into the endzone with lechler consistently, but I am lucky it seems if I hold the guy before hte 30

21. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

just in my brief experience in playing the x1 version, I think its going to be tougher to make those sharp cuts with the left stick we are prone to seeing on the 360. I'm thinking returns will be harder, but the pull to the middle and juke out (rightstick) still be there I think.

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

just another case of sim being subjective--- to me if that shit is 7 yards back knee it (or just dont catch it)

23. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Try it on next gen.:)

• Like Like x 1
  24. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

I like the way the kick returns are for Xbox One. I believe it's competitive. Sometimes I get past the twenty. Sometimes I get to the fifteen. I don't believe we should make players knee if they don't want to regardless how deep it's kicked in the end zone. I'm a sim player to the max but you have to risk it to get the biscuit.

IMO.

25. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I don't disagree- but just another instance where sim is subjective. Nfl returners would be crazy to take it out from that deep consistently.