Discussion: Sliders

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Shaun Mason, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    How do people feel about sliders?

First: I'm not going to continually argue over sliders, but I want some feedback here. The guys who played in my leagues before...do I go too far with them? Do you want them hard? Do high user scores bother you, etc?

2. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    FYI, this happened on default sliders playing a random ranked game last night (I was the Broncos):

1468557_787003516841_1589903775_n.jpg

3. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I like them tough.

Having 20+ QBs with +100 QB rate just annoys me. Punish the bad QBs.

• Like Like x 2
  4. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

5. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I care mostly about how the CPU is going to play us with the sliders. Until we get some user games in I am not sure how it will play vs. live people. I have missed some easy throws so far with Jason Campbell on default , so if we go old school and make it tough to throw I will be a bit of sad panda.

Maybe we can get some user games in this week guys to see how it feels vs. other sim style players ?

6. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Yes let's play a few. Off starting tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I've got a set to try. I'll set a community up when I get home.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Not a fan of high user scores. I know I am likely in te minority, but I liked the TMFL sliders when you were there (the ones with low QB accuracy).

I might have liked them though because Schaub seemed immune to it my first year there, haha. Meanwhile I watched opposing QBs completely play like shit on the regular. :ROFLMAO:

9. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

I'm for lower scores as well. QB ACC really low I have no issue with.

10. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    I may not like the stats associated with this if its my QB but I think it's the right thing to do. That said, my frustration are when sliders change from week to week. At least let them go 8 weeks or so before modifying. I do think the game speed is too high right now with the defaults.

11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Try playing online and see if you still think so.

12. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    hmmm will do.....

• Like Like x 1
  13. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I'm wondering if we will even need to adjust it , I'm yet to throw for 300+ with a crap QB or have a super high comp %.

I know the CPU will rock your shit if you think you can throw balls into the zone and expect your WR to get it and hold on in traffic .

14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

That would make me so happy if hits actually jarred balls loose like they should. Was such a broken aspect of last gen.

15. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

It's the complete opposite this year. It's good and bad. I prefer the way it is now over last gens.

16. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

No opinion till I play the game. Generally default sliders are crap. However, when we go with really hard sliders to offset inflated stats the bad teams continue to be bad and the good teams continue to be good so I don't think they really do much to be honest.

However, with this league I don't think we'll hve an issue with inflated stats because this is a fun league and we're all playing sim. Right gents? ;)

17. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Rrrrright.

18. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

You free after lunch tomorrow? Im doing a half day... If the community is set up, lets give it a go and document the results... maybe on team with top 3 QB vs bottom 3 QB.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Looks like the are no communities on next gen.=(

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I just hope we keep it on all madden, to me, the harder the better.

I haven’t had too much time to play the game, maybe about 2 hours or so since it came out, but on default in practice mode, the defense plays better and is more reactive than the 360 version. The defenders warp to the ball batting down more passes or at least making contact with the ball. The defender as they kind of speed up looks unrealistic, but at least they make a play. Also, ball carriers cannot cut as sharp in nextgen madden as they did in the current gen as well, but I still think the coverage needs to be tough to throw on and the running needs to be tough. I think the cutting outside for the most part is limited at best on this next gen version . I don’t know how tough we need to go on the rushing defense or pass coverage defense, but I would prefer higher than default.

I changed sliders on practice mode, everything on default except for qba at 10, cpu pass coverage at 100 and reaction at 100. Many of the rou that worked well on current gen worked on this gen, but with a very smaller window. So a split second too late, you can are going to get picked or the defender will be in position. Not suggesting 100 for the coverage, but I think the pass game needs to be difficult to prevent offensive explosions.

As far as the qba goes, I had no issues with pryor in the practice mode with accurat passes with no errant throws in about 20 min of playin, so I believe the qba is the same as current gen, qba will need to be decreased to 4-6 to make a difference. In TLY I believe we are at 6and I believe is a decent balance.

21. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I can set up a tester league I guess , use for the rest of the week to see how guys feel about the speed / sliders. Get some feedback to Shaun and let us play some CPU & user games too

22. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Throw some balls late across the middle and watch what happens :)

23. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Off topic from hits, but good that that works too.

Also as kid of crash said- I'm all for all madden. The smarter we can make non user controlled defenders the better we are off.

24. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Hopefully we aren't considering actually turning the speed of the game down.

25. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Just an idea...

Maybe we setup the league and allow us to play through the preseason games for testing purposes? Run though 4 week preseason until after the holiday weekend?
    Allows us to get into the file and do something productive for league.