Disturbing...

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by antcap24, Sep 22, 2011.

1. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

So I looked at my team and players that are on expiring contracts...

I have 22 players that are needed to be resigned next year. (13 subs / 9 starters)

When adding all those players up its totals 31 million dollars of my current cap.

So I did a test to see how much it would cost to sign the same players next year based on the MLM system.

In all cases I took the amount which would be the cheapest to sign a player...

After totaling up all 22 players, it would cost me 66 million dollars to sign them. This is without calculating the bonus they would receive with the contracts. If the average bonus is 100,000 a player than tack on another 2.2 million to that total. So 68+ million dollars to sign the same players.

They base the salary on the player's rating. So in order to get myself under the cap next year I would basically be sign 22 players with the same 31 million gives me 1.4 million dollars as an average per player including the bonus.

A 1.4 million dollar player gives me roughly a 75 overall rating if I am the only bidder.(which wont happen)

I am pretty sure there are going to be alot of rude awakenings next year as we all try to get under the cap.

2. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Yea I was noticing this too. I'm kinda afraid we're going to run low on the cheap <70 OVR players because of this. The problem seems to be that the players are asking for deals worth at least 2x what they would be realistically be getting. IE Jamaal Anderson was signed for ~$800k and wants $2.5 million/yr to resign. Garcon wants $5.5 million/yr which is Santa Moss level money. And older veteran players with high ratings want 30%+ on their current cap numbers.

3. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

A few examples from my team:

McClure(90)1,900,000 now wants 6,908,000
    Biermann(77)- 600,000 wants 2,286,000
    Sanders(82)- 1,000,000 wants 4,064,000

4. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Is MLM determining the salries? Maybe they need to tweak their formula. I'm sure other leagues have similar CAP rules as us, but much further into the season... so maybe this issue will get flagged before our next FA.

5. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Good question, I would assume so.

6. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

This is why we will sort of 'play it by ear' with regards to how fast the salary cap will inflate.

Once I see what the majority of teams are dealing with, I can make an honest decision on the numbers.

Bottom line though is good teams will more than likely have to make some sacrifices - thats the nature of the salary cap. But we WONT make it so you cannot even field a decent team - thats not fun even in the slightest.

Also note, player may go for cheaper once they are released to FA - we really have no way of knowing until we test it to find out.

7. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Any idea what the rookie contract system is going to be like? Based on new rookie wage scale or using Madden's scale?