Divisional Playoff Preview: Seattle @ San Francisco

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by MoonBBad, Jan 30, 2014.

1. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

HawksNiners.PNG

[​IMG]

San Francisco, CA – It’s no secret that the 49ers and the Seahawks have no love lost between the two teams. Both teams have made it pretty clear that they don’t like one another, in fact they hate each other. Being in the same division the teams have already met twice this year with the 49ers winning both matchups.

The teams first met back in week two of the season with the Niners winning 38-24. While the score line appears to be somewhat close, the game really was over in the third quarter as San Francisco was able to have their way with Seattle all game and embarrassed them in front of their home crowd. “That game definitely lit a fire under us.” Stated Russell Wilson in an interview early this week. “No one likes to lose like that, but when you lose in that matter, in front of our fans in Seattle, it especially hurts.”

The teams wouldn't face each other again until week 14, but again, the 49ers were able to pull off the victory. The game turned out to be much closer this time around, Seattle was coming off a winning streak which ended up pushing them to the playoffs and were playing their best football, but it wasn't enough when the final whistle blew. That game ended 33-24 Niners.

Turn the page to the next chapter which sets up a delicious match-up for these teams again, this time winner moves on and loser goes home in the divisional round of the playoffs on Friday evening. Both teams have been quiet leading up to this one, but make no mistake, these teams are ready to get back at each other on the field one more time this season.

“We want them; we’ve been waiting for this one.” CB Richard Sherman told us earlier today, “I’m tired of hearing about the golden boys of the NFC. The 49ers, with their record they think they’re on top. We’ll we’re going to show you and everyone else that we’re going to be on top, that we're the best and we’re going to take that from them tomorrow.”

Seattle certainly was impressive beating the Packers on the road 30-13 in the Wildcard round to move on. Marshawn Lynch lived up to his Beast Mode moniker rushing for 171 yards on the ground to go alongside two touchdowns. However, San Francisco’s defense isn’t Green Bay's. It’s meaner, nastier, and much better. Seattle seems up for the challenge though. Marshawn who typically doesn't talk to the media, had this to say. “Look, we know they’re good defensively, we’ve seen them twice before, but we’re good too, we’re good offensively and we think we can take it to ‘em and keep ‘em off balance. Third time will be a charm. Quote it.”

Breaking down the defensive statistics of both teams, they’re actually very similar.

Seattle:

4845 Yards Allowed
    3021 Pass Yards Allowed
    1824 Rush Yards Allowed
    48 Sacks

San Francisco

4854 Yards Allowed
    3370 Pass Yards Allowed
    1484 Rush Yards Allowed
    47 Sacks

On offense, the stats shake out as follows:

Seattle:

6517 Total Yards Gained
    5653 Total Yards
    3008 Passing Yards
    2645 Rushing Yards

San Francisco:

7755 Total Yards Gained
    6728 Total Yards
    2942 Passing Yards
    3786 Rushing Yards

Looking at the stats it’s clear to see that San Francisco has the edge on offense and defensively both teams are neck and neck. San Francisco is at home, and with their record, compounded by their offensive statistics, they definitely are the favorite going into this match up. However, these teams are bitter rivals, have played twice, and Seattle is peaking. Do they have what it takes to do what their outspoken corner back Richard Sherman thinks they can do? Can they take it away and move on to the NFC Championship? Tune in Friday evening to find out, and get your popcorn ready, it should be a good one.

The Richuation

• Like Like x 7
  2. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Never would have thought you two would meet up in the playoffs but congrats! In this game I will go with my old NFC BEAST buddy in MoonBBad , go get em dude.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'm calling underdog takes it.

4. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Can't say that ratings don't matter haha

• Like Like x 2
  5. MoonBBad

I'm not going to lie. I'm out for blood. I'm fucking tired of losing to The Richuation. Plus we need some bad blood in the division. Makes for good stories. Although Kasper seems to have set the bar since he rubbed it in Rich's face he beat his shit ass QB week 17.

Ain't that right Rich?

• Like Like x 2
  6. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

That's right. We let the young guys go against the Cards, when we could have stomped their ass instead. But, I was letting my 1st teamers rest up so they'd be ready to beat Seattle's ass this week... which is exactly what we are going to do. My guys took a seat on the bench the last few weeks and gave up personal glory like MVP, Best QB, Best RB, and Pro Bowl spots... all to win as a team. Run DMC as MVP? on a 5-11 team? please. Wilson is going to be shaky and turnovers are certain.

49ers 38 - Seattle 14

Going to look like this:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I don't know who to mock first, the guy that thinks he is good because he has the best team in the game (or possibly any Madden ever) or the guy that got a free pass into the playoffs and pipes up.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

8. MoonBBad

Shouldn't you be getting ready for the draft or something?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

You know I don't do such things.

10. MoonBBad

Touche

11. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Kasper's draft board:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Haha... Kasper you know I'm just enjoying my run here with the 9ers.... Before this I was like 0 for 50 against you

13. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

And besides let us two perineal losers have our moment in the sun hah

14. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

15. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Bulletin board 2014

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Our bulletin board material is how bad your backup is. Must kill kaep

17. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  18. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  19. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Just finishing off another ranked lobby cheeser... Working up an appetite for later

• Like Like x 2