Divisional Playoffs: 49ers @ Saints

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by CWT 3000, Nov 18, 2012.

1. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SAINTS 45
    49ers 7

Both teams started off conservative and the action was slow. Towards the end of the first quarter the Saints began marching and capped off a TD and a 7-0 early lead. The game stayed that way until late 2nd quarter when the Saints got aggressive and put a strike from 30 yards out over the middle for a 14-0 lead. On the ensueing kick-off the returner fumbled it and Ruud returned it for a scoop and score. Half ended 21-0 Saints.

The 3Q saw the 49ers open three and out and the Saints would eventually add onto their score thanks to some timely Niner turnovers. The 3rd quarter would end with the Saints up 35-7 and keeping momentum. The final quarter saw the Saints go deep into the playbook and try out some new plays as the team tried to just run the clock. Another late KO return fumble by the 49ers would close out the game and surmize the 49ers day.

GG Boom29

My team came out and played lights out- Brees threw 5 TDs didn't hurt. The running game was effective even though the yardage isn't there. Felt like we had balance and that kept the 49ers guessing all game.

Player of the Game: Drew Brees 17/24 298 yards 5TD 0ints. 70% completion rate.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I had no issues your running game, you made the plays when you had to with the pass. You made some close throws in the first half when the game was still close, including both touchdown throws.

The turning point was the fumble on the kickoff near halftime. The change from 14-0 to 21-0 was huge. Getting the ball to begin the second half, I felt that if could close the half strong and bring the score to 14-7 I would be right back in the game.

3. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Wow! Lights out MVP Brees is proving he really is the most valuable after all! Good game bro.

4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Wow, I did not see this coming.

5. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Yes indeed. Brees made some early throws that could have gone either way, but his magic touch found a hole. You could have been more aggressive on offense, maybe use more spread formations and involve Vernon more when the QB is under center. I was able to key in on the run game and forced Smith to beat me. On your first or second drive I played a lot of man coverage and played dumb on a few plays until I went into a Cover 2 Sink inside the red zone. Lofton dropped back, and I think you were under the impression I was in Man again and tried to hit Veron, but the interception happened and killed that drive. From there I was able to take a 7-0 lead.

6. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

7. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

• Like Like x 1