Divisional Round Colts vs Raiders

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Brandon S., Nov 18, 2012.

1. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Colts win 37-33 over the Raiders

The Colts pulled out a big W vs the Raiders in a game that could have gone either way. The defense stepped up big in the 4th when Luck threw 2 INTs to bring Oakland back into the game. Even though it doesnt look like it, the Colts defense played BIG tonight to send Indy into the Conference Championship game. Taiwan Jones was held 81 yards on 22 carries while Mike Goodson didnt provide much help with 18 yards on 6 carries. Oaklands running game never got going, and that affected the passing game as Carson Palmer only had 153 yards with 0 TDs and 2 INTs. The Raiders WRs were not clutch in this one, as the Colts fans were thanking the silverback gods that they dropped a few passes that could have been game changing. Lamar Miller began the game with a huge 48 yard TD run but the rushing attack was stuffed after that. He ended up just shy of 100 yards, but the story in this one is the performance by Luck. He threw for 400 yards and 2 TDs to bring his team to victory, but almost gave it away with 4 INTs. Two of those INTs came in the 4th, and Oakland was on the verge of a comeback. The Colts defense forced 2 short FGs in the Redzone that could have been game breakers but the defense stuffed them. The Raiders had 2 offensive touchdowns in this one, both on the ground. Oakland's defense even put up 7 with a pick 6. All in all, this game was decided by the defense. Good game Kidofcrash23 TLYPO.PNG

TLYPlayoff.PNG

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

You proved me wrong! Good job getting the victory.

3. Brandon S.

This one was for you ;)

Probably wouldnt have won this game if you hadnt said

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

I love it! I wish there was more opinions being spread about these games. I played the Raiders twice and they had my number like no other team (other than possibly the Steelers) and I figured I would gamble and predict the Raiders but I was dead wrong. I also played the Saints and won in a last second fg and thought that the defense of the 49ers would win out but if you saw the score of that one...once again, dead wrong (I think I'm the league Mike Greenberg...). But at least I have an opinion here! We have all played these teams so I think its fun to predict the winners and give reasons. And I'm glad I could motivate you to beat my division rivals! Hope we play each other next year. I will look forward to playing you. Good luck the rest of the way. As a matter of fact....I don't think you have a chance in the conference round! I hope that helps.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Brandon S.

i saw 45-7 is crazy. Im hoping for a Bengals vs Colts conference championship to be honest. Im excited to play either of those teams though. I'll probably lose, but i will give someone a run for their money. Just for the record, 12-0 in the league now. (y)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

It's about the same score that you beat me when I was the Jaguars. Game actually went pretty much the same way.

7. Brandon S.

The score was a bit more harsh than the actual game was. I didnt dominate the entire game, i pulled away in the 2nd half. Just so you know, i will forever say i chased you out of the AFC South. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

You know it! ;)

It truly was like my game against you. First half relatively close, second not so much.

9. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

I'd like to see a Colts- Bengals game and a Saints- Vikings game. Two steps closer... almost there.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Vikings will be playing at 7:00 PM (ish) CST tonight...