Divisional Round: Eagles vs Giants III "The Clash of the Titans"

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by ferocious, Oct 29, 2013.

1. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    giants_eagles.jpg
    Score 21-17......E-A-G-L-E-S....EAGLES!!!!!!!!

Recap Coming Soon....And some highlights, I say some becuz my daam doggie stepped on my laptop as I was recording the game and yeah she stopped it LOL. So you will only get to see James first drive but Ill walk you thru the rest of the game. Great Game James as always, had me on the ropes but then I started to do the "Ali Rope-a-Dope";)

Finishing word recap, will be posted by tomorrow morning Jim LtJustice. I was almost done and this freaking site froze on my ass and did not save anything. Freaking Pissed LOL. But Ill post it up in the morning from work. Sorry.

Ok here we go.... Let me first say that going in to the playoffs I really never wanted to see James (Giants) again for the 3rd time. Only because the last time that happen and saw James in the playoffs he booted my ass out LOL. So when I saw this I was like Fuucckk... But ok.

Well you saw the highlights, no scoring till the 2nd qrtr, he was up 7-0 with 5min to go in the half. So the Eagles started to put a little drive going. Short passes because that's all that was open, small runs, but eventually ended up getting in the end zone from a short yard pass from Foles.

After that it was all Giants, they kept fighting and getting yards on the Eagles defense at will. Passing, short runs, long passes, you name it. The Eagles couldn't stop their drive at all, playing man, zone nothing. And the Giants eventually ended up getting in the endzone before the half ended. Score 14-7 Giants.

The 2nd half the Giants received and once again started the way the 1st half ended, sticking it to the Eagles defense but this time their drive stalled in the redzone and settled for a FG. Score 17-7. Well the Eagles tried and bounced back but once again nothing, couldn't get anything going no matter what they tried. Shady 17atts for 62yards couldn't do anything averaging 3.2 yards per carry. With that average even running it 3 straight times wouldn't get me a 1st down LOL. DJax 3rec for 33 yards ridiculous considering he has been smoking all season, Maclin not one freaking catch, Johnson slot receiver not one catch either. The savior of the day rookie TE Ertz 5rec for over 100 yards and the game tying TD in the 4th qrtr. On 3rd down and long goal from the 20yard line, with the Eagles needing a score considering they were down by 10 and couldn't do anything in the game. The Eagles once again called his rookies number, the Eagles knew the Giants were gonna go man to man straight across the board as they had been doing all game on 3rd downs. My WR's getting pressed, but furtunetly for the Eagles they didn't bring pressure and the Eagles kept their HB back to block for protection. So Foles had plenty of time in the pocket to make the right read, with everyone blanketed on the outside. Foles threw what was a timing route to his rookie TE on a deep in that shredded right between the MLB and Safety right around that 2 yard line and Ertz smelling the endzone took both the safety and mlb for a 2yrd ride in to the endzone. Score 17-14. Giants

The Eagles defense finally woke up towards the end of the 4th qrt, but only by playing zone and throwing in some zone blitzes because those Giants WRs were abusing the Eagles man to man defense. The stop in turn gave the Eagles a chance to drive down the field with short smart passing and power running and eventually ended up with a TD to their FB from 5yards out with over a minute left on the game. Score 21-17 Eagles .

The Giants tried heir best to put on a drive with plenty of time as they had done all game long, but once again the Eagles defense woke up. Stuffing a draw play on 1st down, almost sacking Eli on 2nd down to cause an incompletion. Sacking Eli on a timed blitzed by the CB on 3rd down for a huge loss. And finally putting the nail in the coffin on a coverage sack on 4th down to end the game. Final 21-17 Eagles...

Great Game James as always, good luck on your offseason.
    ZO

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
  2. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Literally 2 plays changed the game. I had ya for more than 3 qtrs. Awesome fight Zo...you deserved this one. Best of luck.

• Like Like x 1
  3. heathh

heathh Walk On

Good Win Zo.

Looking at a lil bit of the video, there sure is a lot of Safety movement! Only problem I have with people's game. We need to remove the rule of moving people cause a lot of people do it. Its a habit for most. Not trying to call you out just noticed it in the video.

But great win and good luck!

4. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

I see what you mean Heath, and since you are asking or maybe bringing it up to my attention. And trust me I never take anything in a bad way heath, its all good. And understand your concern. But just to give you and everybody that sees the video an insight on the plays in question, the problem was 1st: I was playing with a shitty ass broken controller. Every time I moved the left analog stick down or down and left it got stuck that way which was pissing me off. (Got a new controller yesterday by the way). 2nd: On one of those plays by the goal line that's what happen, it looked like SS Wolf was moving fast towards the middle but it was controller error. As a matter of fact I wanted him towards the corner since I knew James was looking for his TE on the corner route which he was but luckily my SS got back there in time. On the other play were my safety blew past the line of scrimmage as if he was blitzing was actually the same problem. I did move the safety to the left side specially after I saw the TE motion thinking the run was going my way but a flick of the analog down, once again it got stuck and I was lucky I didn't cross the LOS before the snap but unlucky cuz the run play was the other way. LOL.

if anything I like my safetys off the LOS, so when the cpu puts them at the LOS by itself. I usually move him back passed the LB area. If you look at my videos, most of the movement I do is that or I move them laterally toward once side or the other or to the middle. Hopes this helps you understand.

ZO

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  5. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

I will preface this by saying, I have yet to watch the highlight video. But i am curious as to what exactly your intention is with this comment? All you stated was that you see safety movement, not even that you see illegal movement. Otherwise, if it's just a matter of you not agreeing with a rule that allows safety movement, this is not the place for that.

6. heathh

heathh Walk On

Whoa!!!!!! Slow down. I'm sorry yes, I saw illegal movement.

And about the rule I'm just saying I've seen a lot of people do it. Just saying he probably doesn't do it intentionally, just out of habit.
    He's not the only one to do it. And everyone signed off on the rules. I doubt anyone does it on purpose. I'm sure they do it by accident because they have always done it.

Don't mean any disrespect towards the league, rules, or owners.
    I apologize,
    Heath